Kissin' Cousins

thorprep

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I dated a woman in college who was from a seriously prominent/wealthy family who basically dated her first cousin. He was her first "real" relationship and, although never confirmed, she implied that she lost her virginity to him. They knew it was odd, so they kept it secret. There was lots of baggage about their family and they felt comfortable with one another in a way she felt she might not find outside the family. Yikes! She got better;-)

I also knew a young lady in high school whose first sexual experiences with her cousin. Combined with the fact that I had once made out with one of my cousins (who lived in the UK while I lived the States - as though this justified it), it made me think that this was a little more common than one might expect.

So, does anyone have kissin' cousin stories?

NYChick

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
When I was around 16-18, I thought my cousin (who was two years older) was hot. We made out a few times and he jerked off in front of me once. I got so wet watching him, but didn't let him know (or at least I pretended).
At the time I thought his cock was enormous, but I had no real basis for comparison. He ended up dating one of my high school classmates when they were at college together. She still claims he was the largest and best lover she ever had.

zaza

Experimental Member
Media
In the UK, and most of the western world, it is legal to marry your first cousin. I understand that this is not the case in the USA. So therefore dating them, and having sex with them, should be OK too if the circumstances were right.

However I would say that it is not something to go into lightly. There is a recent report in the uk suggesting that the high incidence of childhood disability in the asian community is due to the high incidence of cousins marrying within the culture. Needless to say a very contravercial topic.

Also a relationship with a close family member has to be potentially full of dificulties. They would have to be worth it to risk it.

B_dumbcow

Experimental Member
Media
In England many years ago (like the Victorian times), families would pretty much only marry within their social standing and rank, often for business reasons.
This led to many cousins marrying within all families. As far as I know, cousin is the closest legal relative that a Brit can marry...

bluemountain

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My grandparents were 1st cousin...nothing wrong with cousins marrying. No birth defects in any of the children...there were 7

One web-site I found some time back indicated that divorce rates of cousin marriages were lower than non-cousin.

Here is some info found on the internet:

Some people are fixated on the fallacy that cousin couples pose an intolerable risk to their offspring. However it is likely that we are all descendants of cousin marriages. Before civil laws banning cousin marriages, it was preferable to marry a cousin in some communities as it is to this day in many countries. The notion “why marry a stranger" is just as prevalent in many countries as the cousin marriage taboo in America today.

There is a wide range of opinions on the subject of cousin marriages. This is fuelled by erroneous information, bigotry, and presumptions. Further we have civil laws and religious creeds based on obsolete information.
The facts about cousin marriages are much clearer.
There are no contemporary studies that indicate cousins have children with significantly higher than normal birth defects. Fears of cousins who marry having children with birth defects are indeed exaggerated. Simply marrying within your own race increases the odds of birth defects. Marrying within your own town further increases your chances. Cousin couples have only a slightly higher incidence of birth defects than non-related couples.

Fact: 26 states allow first cousin marriages; Most people can marry their cousin in the US.

Fact: US prohibitions against cousin marriages predate modern genetics. Hmmm.
Fact: In the first quarter of 2000, two delegates in Maryland introduced a bill that would prohibit first cousin marriage. This bill passed in the House of Delegates (82 to 46), however did not make it past the Senate Committee. Please remember Delegates Heller and Barve in the next election. The sponsors of the bill claim that a large ratio of out-of-state couples come to Maryland to get married – perhaps cousin couples. Their bill would have stifled revenues from marriage licenses while imposing ridiculous marriage restrictions.
Fact: No European country prohibits marriage between first cousins. It is also legal throughout Canada and Mexico to marry your cousin. The USA is the only western country with cousin marriage restrictions.
Fact: Children of non-related couples have a 2-3% risk of birth defects, as opposed to first cousins having a 4-6% risk. Genetic counseling is available for those couples that may be at a special risk for birth defects (e.g. You have a defect that runs in your family) In plain terms first cousins have at a 94 percent + chance of having healthy children. Check the links section for more information on genetic counselors. The National Society of Genetic Counselors estimated the increased risk for first cousins is between 1.7 to 2.8 percent, or about the same a any woman over 40 years of age.
Fact: Second cousins have little, if any increased chance of having children with birth defects, per the book "Clinical Genetics Handbook”– courtesy of the March of Dimes.
Fact: The frequency of cousin marriages in the USA is about 1 in 1,000
Fact: The frequency of cousin marriages in Japan is about 4 in 1,000
Fact: It is estimated that 20 percent of all couples worldwide are first cousins. It is also estimated that 80 percent of all marriages historically have been between first cousins!
Fact: In some cultures, the term cousin and mate are synonymous.
Fact: The range of consanguinity in Saudi Arabia is between 34 to 80+ percent. A study has been done on birth defects resulting from consanguineous marriages in this country. Read about it.
Fact: Albert Einstein married his first cousin. And so did Charles Darwin, who had exceptional children.
Fact: Franklin D. Roosevelt, the longest serving US president in history married his cousin (not a first cousin, however they shared the same last name).
Fact: The first Prime Minister of Canada, Sir John A. MacDonald married his first cousin. Fact: Leviticus 18 lists all forbidden sexual relationships. Cousin relationships are not included.

adlondon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
when i was a kid my cousin and i were very good friends, almost best friends. he was 2 years older than me, and i suppose from the time i first realised boys were to be liked and not shunned, i liked him - a lot. he moved a good three hour drive away, though, and although i continued to fancy him for a few years, obviously we grew both up and apart and now he barely crosses my mind. we never kissed or anything either, although i saw him naked a good few times due to childish games of 'mooning' and other nude stunts... =/

even though it's legal to marry cousins in the uk, i'd say it's still very much seen as 'wrong' to lust after or do anything with anyone who's related to you in any way. i don't know anyone who would do it.

jb_lax

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
somewhere here i read that the US is the only western nation where first cousins can't marry. however, i'm pretty sure there are laws against it in most states of australia...

zaza

Experimental Member
Media
even though it's legal to marry cousins in the uk, i'd say it's still very much seen as 'wrong' to lust after or do anything with anyone who's related to you in any way. i don't know anyone who would do it.[/quote]

So what is it that people see as wrong? If you look at the list of who it is and isn`t legal to marry there are some blood relatives that you can marry, such as cousins, and some non blood relatives that you can`t. For example a man can not marry his fathers brothers wife, even though they may be meeting for the first time as strangers and are not a blood relative.

in these days where divorce is comonplace i`m sure these boundaries are often ignored. If not with marriages with relationships.

RamIt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you dont have a cousin you would like to fuck, you come from an ugly family.

craig_uk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
First-cousin marriage without restriction is permitted in nineteen states — Alabama, Alaska, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, and Virginia—and the District of Columbia.They are prohibited completely in some whilst others have restrictions about age (eg, too old to bear children). About 1 in 1000 marriages in the US are to first cousins. About the same as in other Western European populations.

In common with most of western Europe Autralia has no prohibition on cousin marriage.

Sweden is the only country in Europe which allows marriage between siblings who share one parent and Japan has no incest Laws at all - although it would be regarded as immoral.

Problems are very rare with a single cousin marriage but there are problems in cultures like the Pakistani communities in the UK where 80% of marriages are to first cousins. These are marriages to first cousins of people decended for a long line of first cousin marriages and therefore from a very small gene pool.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
even though it's legal to marry cousins in the uk, i'd say it's still very much seen as 'wrong' to lust after or do anything with anyone who's related to you in any way. i don't know anyone who would do it.

I don't know anyone who's dated their cousin but I don't think I'd view it as wrong, but I would view it as a little peculiar. I thought I should explain more clearly in what way I'd view it as peculiar, I'd think there must be something slightly odd about them if they couldn't manage to find a gf/bg who wasn't related to them, almost as if they had trouble making bonds with new people and could only mate up with people with whom they had a long established bond.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
I always found my cousins to be a bit strange and never had any fantasies.

The duPont family spent some time and effort keeping the money in the family with second cousins marrying one another. By an early decade of the 20th century, they had their own private insane asylum.

Not always a good idear. Look at the Royal in England. Is it Alfred E. Nueman or Prince Charles?

tiggerpoo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
During my late teens, in the 60's, I made out with one of my very sexy girl cousins and also with one of my sexy guy cousins. After all these years I still find her very sexy and we still have a spark for each other. I still invite her out for a romantic dinner on occasions and the passion is still there. But no longer make out with each other. Unfortunately.

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
you could fret over the whole thin, and consider every aspect and possibilty, or you could be like me, and your closest cousin (no 1st cousins period) be about prolly twice your own age...NO WORRIES HERE HAHAHA

HaagenDazs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I find it weird to do after a certain age. I don't think I could be attracted to a first cousin on a sexual level. But when I was younger I did have a cousin who played with my dick alot because of the size. I always considered early childhood sexual exploration, and we stopped as we got older.

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I find it weird to do after a certain age. I don't think I could be attracted to a first cousin on a sexual level. But when I was younger I did have a cousin who played with my dick alot because of the size. I always considered early childhood sexual exploration, and we stopped as we got older.

well no wonder thats a hot fuckin dick, god damn