Kissing, it’s kinda gross if you think about it.

D

deleted817718

Firstly, I’m not a kisser.

In fact, there‘s only ever been the one dalliance where he tried to kiss me and being inexperienced at it, I kinda didn’t know how to respond or what to do. Nothing came naturally.

I use to get quite upset that I’d never been kissed before and thought I was missing out, very much so. Then the occasion kinda arrived, at 42 years old, and yes, I’ve admitted, I’m bad at it but then it dawned on me… kissing is just gross.

It really hit home to me, I don’t want ’that’ in my mouth. I didn’t feel anything ’nice’ about it at all. The mouth in general is a petri dish of God knows what and the thought of someone trying to touch their mouth to mine has somehow turned to as a repugnant idea to me as rimming, or people who let their dogs lick their faces. Heathens!

I can’t be alone on this surely. Why is kissing even a thing? Have I just been so inexperienced for so long now that shit like this seems gross to me? Honestly, you wouldn’t want someone to sneeze into you face so why do you want them trying to do weird shit to your mouth with theirs?

Yeah, I now just find the very concept, well, gross.

sigh.

Gonna die alone, yay!
This sounds a lot like my wife’s opinion on blowjobs. She doesn’t do them and thinks they are the most horrible and intrusive sexual act. She stopped doing them very early on in our relationship. Kissing isn’t an issue though lol

Jizzpainter

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I just think it's personal preference. Someone said all bodies can inherently be gross, but that's just a way of looking at things. Everything is natural.
If you like it, you like it, if you don't, you don't.

If you are looking for it, you'll find someone with the same preferences.

uncut7in

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
When I met my last boyfriend, he described himself as straight but bi-curious with a live-in girlfriend, and wanted to try being submissive with another guy. He enjoyed it when I fucked him, then I decided to try him with a deep tongued kiss. He admitted that he never saw himself kissing a guy, but rather enjoyed it. After that, whenever we met we always started with a passionate kiss.

Reactions: 51arledge

openfly

Superior Member
Media
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States of America
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
But we know what. If it's any consolation everyone else has the same oral flora as you. So when you kiss you're basically exchanging the same microbe species. I wouldn't worry.

Remember that there are good bacteria in you mouth as well as bad. Most of the bad ones are anaerobic. They build up in plaque and smell like shit (which also smells but due to other anaerobic bacteria). That's what stinks when you floss. They also cause halitosis and dental disease. Flossing 2-3 times a week on a regular basis should be enough to avoid both.

Most mouthwashes are a 20% alcohol solution. Problem is it kills both good & bad bacteria. That's one of the reasons the directions say not to keep it in your mouth for more than 30 seconds. It does not replace the need to floss which mechanically breaks up and removes the stinky anaerobic plaque microbial communities.

I use mouthwash right after flossing.

If saving your teeth isn't reason enough to floss saving your heart is. Anaerobic bacteria can infect gums. Once in the bloodstream they can migrate to the heart and infect the linings of coronary arteries. Cholesterol gets laid down to bandage the damaged linings. More builds up until arterial constriction causes heart disease up to and including heart attack.

Nicotine also damages the linings of arteries causing cholesterol build up. For tobacco users who do not floss it's double jeopardy.

BTW artery damage & cholesterol buildup can happen all over the body. The acute risk is infarction in heart and brain but peripheral arteries may also get clogged and cause disease due to diminished circulation. Older patients with fully clogged femoral arteries often have to have legs removed if clogs cannot be bypassed or stented.

Wow this got way too long way too fast.

Kissing? Other than avoiding cold sores (HSV) on lips I wouldn't worry about it. Brush after meals. Floss 2-3 times a week then rinse with mouthwash at the same time and you should be fine.

:D
ALSO--I've not only read in some health info sources but have asked my doctor about this, as I've not been a huge fan of kissing, esp with tongue(!)--kissing is supposed to actually be beneficial healthwise, as it helps you to develop antibodies to more maybe 'harmful' bacteria--seriously!

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
ALSO--I've not only read in some health info sources but have asked my doctor about this, as I've not been a huge fan of kissing, esp with tongue(!)--kissing is supposed to actually be beneficial healthwise, as it helps you to develop antibodies to more maybe 'harmful' bacteria--seriously!
Exposure generally does that--not that the "harmful" oral bacteria are cause for much concern except to avoid dental disease. :)