Kkk

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by shad24, Jun 11, 2006.

1. shad24

shad24 New Member

My city is having its annual pride festival this weekend. I went with a few friends and we noticed that the local chapter of the KKK were holding their own shindig a few blocks away.
    We went over to where just to see what they were up to.
    I gotta tell you it was Pathetic! There were maybe 12 - 15 people standing around listening to these clowns rant and rave. They named Gays, Blacks, Jews, Mexicans, Republicans and left handed people. (really they did!).
    From what I saw here today I would throw the sheets back on the bed and go into hiding. I guess what I am saying is here they are not a force to be feared or anything else. My dad always told me not to cross the 'Clan'. He hated them too.
    Has anyone had any dealings with them?

2. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I've heard rumors over the years that people I've known were members but, thankfully, I was never approached by them.

The KKK, like the NeoNazi movement, now mainly consists of a few oldtimers and young people who can't find anything useful to be angry about.

3. SomeGuyOverThere

Gold Member

There has been a huge decline of them in recent years.... it wasn't so very long ago that the "Klan" were to be feared, but, as said above, it's mostly old timers ranting about the good old days, and young people who have nothing decent to be angry about.

Never seen a Klan gathering and I lived in the deep south for a few years.

In any case, it's nice to think that the world is a [slightly] better place now they've hit such a decline.

4. Shelby

Gold Member

We have no doubt slid. The last cross I burned consisted of two popsicle sticks.

5. 10.5andproudofit

10.5andproudofit New Member

Albums:
    i agree the clan is declining, but there are still enough of them around to make me a bit nervous, which is ironic because i am a young white male, aka their target demographic. i guess i am made uneasy because it just reminds everyone how ignorant a lot of people still are, and that is scary

6. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

It never does cease to amaze me that there are people who would actually join a group in order to advertise their own abject stupidity. The klan will never die out completely, because there will never be a shortage of stupid people.

7. D_Elijah_MorganWood

D_Elijah_MorganWood New Member

I love the Jerry Springer KKK episodes. Ignorant trash on parade!

8. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

SUPPORT MENTAL ILLNESS
    JOIN THE KU KLUX KLAN

(Mad Magazine, 1968)

9. D_Elijah_MorganWood

If we had Klan rallies in my town, I'd go take pictures. It'll never happen here, white folks are outnumbered.

10. B_Lightkeeper

B_Lightkeeper New Member

What bothers me more than the KKK is the growing number of homophobes in the public sector.

11. D_Elijah_MorganWood

When did it grow?

12. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

That's because everyone has these pre-conceptions which are not true.

There's an advert for a credit card that makes me want to throttle someone!

13. madame_zora

Gold Member

Yeah. In 1999 I had five or six of them burning torches in my front yard in Parkersburgh, WV chanting "Nigger go home". I was not amused- I moved very quickly.

Yeah, they've declined in numbers, but don't think for a minute that stupid, weak people don't band together to gain support for their insane missions. I think a Klan rally would be a good location for a bomb testing site. Fuck those guys, right in their uptight homophobic asses.

14. zaphod

zaphod New Member

Albums:
    "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."

Robert A. Henlein.

15. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

I don't think it's news to anyone that the KKK is pathetic. I think even most racists feel this way. At the same time, I really fucking hate those god damned lefties. It's encouraging to see that someone out there is taking up the cause to fight this scourge and blight on our society. I'm tired of having the sanctity of my right-handed way of life undermined by these freaks and their left-handed agenda. I shouldn't have to go into a hardware store and figure out which hammers are right-handed and which are left-handed damn it, I'm an American. Do you think Thomas Jefferson wrote with his left hand? I don't actually know if he did or not, but I'm going to act like I do because I feel it strengthens my argument and say fuck no! He was a righty. Just like Jesus.

16. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

Q: Was Jesus a "righty" or a "lefty"?
    A: It's a stupid question and can't be answered.

If you think I'm wrong, back up your claims with the Bible or with the known history of Mr. Christ. Simple-minded thinking leads me to deduct the following: Jesus was essentially a revolutionary thug, he came to change the ways of his society. To change is in itself the mark of liberalism, while to maintain is the mark of conservatism. *yawn*

17. dong20

Gold Member

I remember you mentioned this in another post, I'm appalled, but, what's worse I'm unsurprised. You should've done what Diego Maradona did to the press and turned a hose on the sad fools. But reprisals, I understand.

Did you ever see the movie "Man on Fire"? There is a scene where Denzel takes out a bent cop....fits right in with that scenario..:tongue:

18. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

Yup. That episode with the Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan on his deathbed talking about "I'll see you niggers in hell" is still gut-busting.

19. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Dilz, I'm surprised you didn't recognize NIC's lovely little bit of satire here. "I don't mind the niggers, but them fuckin left-handers gotta go!" That's just too fucking funny for words. Almost something I would see on the Simpsons... wait, Homer hates Flanders and his Leftorium, doesn't he?

20. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Hey, J, a good friend of mine lived in Parkersburg for quite a few years. She was a research chemist at GE. She did a lot of volunteer work for an AIDS free clinic, so she was not well-received by the klan-types, either. She told me a lot of stories, we should exchange a few... by the way, she's now a M.D., one of my resources when I don't know a quick answer to some of the health questions here.

Draft saved Draft deleted