KKKrazyFest 2010!

The thing i have to remember is, We in the UK have not had a non-white PM. Im terrified how my own Nation will react.

But it is depressing.
I dunno...if a political version of Trev McDonald or someone came along, I can't see anyone being that bothered? Or maybe I'm being naive. :redface:

scotchirish

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Exactly correct, but I think we're all wondering why the citizenship issue, and the suggestion that all future candidates present their birth certificates in order to run for office, suddenly start mysteriously popping up when a dark skinned President is elected. :rolleyes:

I don't think there's any doubt that this has really only become an issue because of racist bigots.

All this talk about WHERE he was born is irrelevant anyway. His mother was a US citizen, and unless I'm mistaken, anyone who is born to a US citizen is himself a natural born citizen, thus satisfying the requirement that the President be a natural-born US citizen. Who cares if he was born in Kenya, Hawaii, or the planet Vulcan? He's still a natural born citizen. End of story.

That part has some conditions to it

"For persons born between December 24, 1952 and November 14, 1986, a person is a U.S. citizen if all of the following are true:
One of the person's parents was a U.S. citizen when the person in question was born
The citizen parent lived at least ten years in the United States before the child's birth;
A minimum of 5 of these 10 years in the United States were after the citizen parent's 14th birthday."
United States nationality law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't know this for sure but I would assume that Obama's mama lived at least 5 out of 10 years, after her 14th birthday, in the US before he was born making any argument on those grounds null. That article doesn't give any info on people born before 12-24-52 and frankly I'm not motivated enough to look it up, but there was contention over McCain's eligibility because he was born in US controlled Panama on a US airbase to American citizens. I don't recall which party first brought up citizenship but it is obviously something that needs to be firmly addressed.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
I don't think there's any doubt that this has really only become an issue because of racist bigots.

John McCain's eligibility was questioned both times he ran for President. The Senate reviewed McCain's eligibility in 2008. The Democratically controlled congress failed to review Obama's eligibility.

That part has some conditions to it

"For persons born between December 24, 1952 and November 14, 1986, a person is a U.S. citizen if all of the following are true:
One of the person's parents was a U.S. citizen when the person in question was born
The citizen parent lived at least ten years in the United States before the child's birth;
A minimum of 5 of these 10 years in the United States were after the citizen parent's 14th birthday."
United States nationality law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't know this for sure but I would assume that Obama's mama lived at least 5 out of 10 years, after her 14th birthday, in the US before he was born making any argument on those grounds null. That article doesn't give any info on people born before 12-24-52 and frankly I'm not motivated enough to look it up, but there was contention over McCain's eligibility because he was born in US controlled Panama on a US airbase to American citizens. I don't recall which party first brought up citizenship but it is obviously something that needs to be firmly addressed.

Obama's mother had him at 18 therefore she didn't live 5 out 10 years after her 14th birthday in the US before he was born. And you acknowledge there was contention over McCain's eligibility...was that racism?

sbat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I recently read a poll that showed that 14% of Americans will believe anything they are told and any statistic that is read to them. The poll also showed that 63% of Americans online spout nonfactual political nonsense and will say anything, anything to win an argument. The poll's final finding was that only 2% of this group realize that their views are so extreme as to be offputting to the very people they are trying to convince, and responses to their posts are due to boredom and the desire to amuse themselves.

Source of the poll? That's not important. What's important is that you tell me I'm right.

So?

sbat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
John McCain's eligibility was questioned both times he ran for President. The Senate reviewed McCain's eligibility in 2008. The Democratically controlled congress failed to review Obama's eligibility.

Obama's mother had him at 18 therefore she didn't live 5 out 10 years after her 14th birthday in the US before he was born. And you acknowledge there was contention over McCain's eligibility...was that racism?

So according to this, I'm not a US citizen. Funny - how come I could register to vote when I turned 18, and how come I got a US passport no problems? Have I just slipped thru the cracks?

Oh shit! I exposed myself! If I'm nice, will you not tell your handlers at the CIA?

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I recently read a poll that showed that 14% of Americans will believe anything they are told and any statistic that is read to them. The poll also showed that 63% of Americans online spout nonfactual political nonsense and will say anything, anything to win an argument. The poll's final finding was that only 2% of this group realize that their views are so extreme as to be offputting to the very people they are trying to convince, and responses to their posts are due to boredom and the desire to amuse themselves.

Source of the poll? That's not important. What's important is that you tell me I'm right.

So?
Post Of The Month!

sbat ---> :eek:p: <--- Trinity

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
The discussion has been based on the Natural Born Citizen Clause of the Constitution and the definitions as stated by the framers of the Constitution. Unless you can present cited information to contradict that you haven't :eek:p: anyone in a political discussion.

sbat you are thoroughly confused. The statute referred to applies to those persons who were born around the time of Mr. Obama's birth and it describes how jus sanguinis citizen was able to be conferred on a child. Obama's mother wasn't 19 at the time of his birth so she did not pass on jus sanguinis citizenship to him.

sbat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The discussion has been based on the Natural Born Citizen Clause of the Constitution and the definitions as stated by the framers of the Constitution. Unless you can present cited information to contradict that you haven't :eek:p: anyone in a political discussion.

sbat you are thoroughly confused. The statute referred to applies to those persons who were born around the time of Mr. Obama's birth and it describes how jus sanguinis citizen was able to be conferred on a child. Obama's mother wasn't 19 at the time of his birth so she did not pass on jus sanguinis citizenship to him.

No, I was born October 1986 - which fits within the dates specified (1952 to November 1986).
Neither of my parents were American citizens at the time. Neither had been in the US for at least 10 years. I fulfill none of the requirements as stated, other than the fact that I was born on US soil (Pennsylvania)

My proof that you are full of shit is my passport which clearly states that I am a US citizen, as well as my voter registration, and a whole host of other documentation. At no stage was my natural born citizenship status challenged, and having lived 14 years contiguously in the US, will be eligible for Presidency once I reach my 36th year.

Yup, just jizzed all over your fuzzy logic. Your pseudo-legal mumbo jumbo is making me doubt your CIA credentials.

sbat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
By the way

Natural born citizen of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One single search blows your whole argument out of the water. That natural born of citizen parents is not part of the legal document itself, but merely part of the discussion by some of the people crafting the law.

"Furthermore, The grandfather provision of the "natural born Citizen" clause provides an exception to the "natural born" requirement for those persons who were citizens at the time of the adoption of the Constitution."
---does not apply to Obama

The relevant section of the Constitution itself:

"No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."
---this reads, either/or for the semantics junkies

You know what T-bone? I don't think you're with the CIA at all. Normally I'd only get one bitch slap in before getting tased, but I've gotten three and all you can do is ask for citation. Can't get any better than the source yourself. Unless we use Trinity tactics which is simple obfuscation.

sbat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
One more

Amendment XIV, Section 1, Clause 1:
&#8220; All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."
Obama was born in Hawaii in 1962. Hawaii became a state in 1959. Being born in a US state or territory automatically gives citizenship. End of story.

I must have been horny to day. Jizz on your face number 4. You like it, don't you dirty girl.

Last edited:

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Expect her to repeat more of the same fallacious birther lies she has already spewed like 50x in the politiforum in...

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
One more

“ All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."
Obama was born in Hawaii in 1962. Hawaii became a state in 1959. Being born in a US state or territory automatically gives citizenship. End of story.

I must have been horny to day. Jizz on your face number 4. You like it, don't you dirty girl.

I love you. Do you like penis?

scotchirish

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

I am fully willing to admit that I am half talking out of my ass here, as I'm sure I'm not as well informed as many on here. I didn't bother checking when his mother had him, just assumed it was after 20 or so. Therefore, IF BY SOME SMALL CHANCE Obama really was born outside of the US, and his mother mailed in the birthing info to Hawaii, and all the announcements made in Hawaii (which is all the last prayer the birther loonies are holding onto) then they have a case.

So according to this, I'm not a US citizen. Funny - how come I could register to vote when I turned 18, and how come I got a US passport no problems? Have I just slipped thru the cracks?

Oh shit! I exposed myself! If I'm nice, will you not tell your handlers at the CIA?

You said you were born on US soil? Then you are a citizen, no question about it....unless of course you were really born in Columbia and your parents just mailed in all your information claiming you were born in another state or something, sent announcements to all the papers, bribed any gov officials who might know better, put little American flags all around the hospital room so that in the pictures they can prove it was in the US.....OH SHIT, YOU'RE REALLY A TERRORIST!!!

slurper_la

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

So?

you are right and Fox News will prove it with their own statistics

Last edited:

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
No, I was born October 1986 - which fits within the dates specified (1952 to November 1986).
Neither of my parents were American citizens at the time. Neither had been in the US for at least 10 years. I fulfill none of the requirements as stated, other than the fact that I was born on US soil (Pennsylvania)

My proof that you are full of shit is my passport which clearly states that I am a US citizen, as well as my voter registration, and a whole host of other documentation. At no stage was my natural born citizenship status challenged, and having lived 14 years contiguously in the US, will be eligible for Presidency once I reach my 36th year.

Your confusion is really that you don't know the difference between a Citizen and a Natural Born Citizen. You can be a citizen and not be a Natural Born Citizen eligible for the Presidency.

The reference made to the statute Title 8 USC 1401 only pertains to parents passing on jus sanguinis citizenship to a child. Obama's mother was unable to pass on jus sanguinis citizenship to Obama due to her age.

Jus Soli citizenship is based on being born on the country's soil. If Obama, you or anyone else was born on U.S. soil then you are a U.S. Citizen.

One more time. U.S. Citizen does not equal Natural Born Citizen.

One single search blows your whole argument out of the water. That natural born of citizen parents is not part of the legal document itself, but merely part of the discussion by some of the people crafting the law.

The argument has not been blown out of the water. The Supreme Court determines intent of the law in the Constitution and they will review the letters, discussions, case law and congressional record of the Constitutional Framers.

"Furthermore, The grandfather provision of the "natural born Citizen" clause provides an exception to the "natural born" requirement for those persons who were citizens at the time of the adoption of the Constitution."
---does not apply to Obama

The relevant section of the Constitution itself:

"No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President;

You fail to comprehend. Of course the exception in the Grandfather clause doesn't apply to Obama. The exception only pertains to people alive when the Constitution was adopted. That means everyone else, including Obama had to have parents who were U.S. Citizens, be born on U.S. soil and not be under any other jurisdiction or authority.

• Obama has yet to present his original birth certificate.
  • His mother was not of age to pass on jus sanguinis citizenship, his foreign born father couldn't.
  • And Obama has admitted to being under a foreign jurisdiction by his dual citizenship.
One more

“ All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

That's the 14th Amendment which conferred citizenship not Natural Born Citizenship. Once again the man who authored the 14th amendment himself stated that a Natural Born Citizen was not only born in the U.S. but was also born to U.S. Citizen parents and under no other jurisdiction or authority.

Mr. Obama should present his original birth certificate because an out-of- state birth could have been registered by mail. But again, Citizenship does not equal Natural Born Citizenship.