Klein Grid Online

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't see it why people always seeing bisexuality as a positive thing because honestly, I can't.

Hugh Hefner once famously pointed out that being bisexual doubles your chances for a date on Saturday night. It would seem it also would double your chances for meeting a soulmate or at least a nearly ideal partner.

swimmersox

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Pieterjoke,

Re: your last post (the one two up from this one), in which you said you had a hard time seeing the positive side of bisexuality. (I also gather you 'tested' out at 50/50.) --

I am really, really interested in why you feel that way.

I myself consider myself bisexual, too (83/17 straight/gay, according to this test). I have in the past felt REALLY confused and torn about my bisexual feelings. This was when I seriously wondered whether my 'predominant' self-identification (to myself & most of the rest of the world) as straight was/was not accurate.

Now, however, after having lived most of my adult life as a straight man, in the straight world, but with fairly regular gay fantasies and occasional gay hookups (no gay relationship(s), yet at least), I don't feel as troubled by it, and am fairly accepting of myself for who I am.

My major continuing point of stress is that I do wish society were more accepting of people like me. That is, while it is today relatively easy (compared to the past) to live one's life as openly gay, and of course it is easy to identify as a straight person, it is NOT so easy to live, as I have, in the fully heterosexual world but with gay feelings (and hookups) on the side. I have felt the need to keep my 'gay' side private and separate from the straight side of me that is, yes, dominant in me -- but nevertheless not the complete picture.

It would be nice, for example, to be able to confide in my wife that I continue to have active gay feelings (and liasons), rather than come close to the line but not cross it (i.e., I've told her I 'sometimes' have 'passing' gay thoughts and that I 'messed around a little' a 'very long time ago")

I suppose at 80/20, I may not be as fully conflicted as you are at 50/50, but I do understand how this bisexual identity can be stressful. On the one hand, I like it, because I feel it has made me a broader, fuller sexual person -- but on the other, I do not like having to keep part of my sexuality secret from the people closest to me and society at large.

Am I nuts, or does this resonate with others, too?

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't see it why people always seeing bisexuality as a positive thing because honestly, I can't.

I think this test and the idea of bisexuality is not so simple. I agree with Pieter. I think that generalities about sexual/emotional attraction and who we actually have relationships with is not the same. In my case as I've said many times on this site, I'm not generally attracted to either gender. I'm actually attracted to only certain people; most happen to be women, the rest are guys. It seems to me that these tests don't take into consideration the elements of love/affection/compatibility. I would say that the women I'm attracted to and the guys as well have more in common with each other than they may have with the general population of both genders. That's why I like to describe my preference this way: I prefer the people I love, whatever their gender.
:smile:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
According to the Klein Sexual Orientation Grid, you are 21% straight and 79% gay.
In subjective terms, this means you are predominantly homosexual; only incidentally heterosexual.

Yeah that makes sense, I have been seduced by the dark side once or twice over the years and I be a liar if I pretended it would never happen again. ;) Though it doesn't chime with my own percentage assessment, I think partly because one or two flings with women still required me to say that in the past I'd mostly been attracted to/had sex with e.t.c. to the same sex and not exclusively so. I found it hard to say which gender I wanted to be attracted to in future, because I don't have a need to force myself to believe that my sexuality is set in stone.

Last edited:

33% straight
67% gay
predominantly homosexual; more than incidentally heterosexual

I was surprised!

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
According to the Klein Sexual Orientation Grid, you are 40% straight and 60% gay.
In subjective terms, this means you are predominantly homosexual; more than incidentally heterosexual.

And that's what you get for mixing a past incarnation of yourself with the person you currently are, it would seem. :rolleyes:

Gnothiseauton

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have gone on the record to say that I do not believe in scales... and I don't believe this one to be any different in complexity than the Kinsey scale. But I decided to humor everyone...

According to the Klein Sexual Orientation Grid, you are 33% straight and 67% gay.
In subjective terms, this means you are predominantly homosexual; more than incidentally heterosexual.

mattsrod7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
According to the Klein Sexual Orientation Grid, you are 91% straight and 9% gay.
In subjective terms, this means you are predominantly heterosexual; only incidentally homosexual.

Sounds a bit right I guess.

galaxus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
According to the Klein Sexual Orientation Grid, I'm 93% straight and 7% gay.

in subjective terms, this means I'm exclusively heterosexual.

B_goldvince

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
According to the Klein Sexual Orientation Grid, you are 56% straight and 44% gay.
In subjective terms, this means you are equally heterosexual and homosexual.

Fnord

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
According to the Klein Sexual Orientation Grid, you are 54% straight and 46% gay.

Story of my life!

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
According to the Klein Sexual Orientation Grid, you are 77% straight and 23% gay.
In subjective terms, this means you are predominantly heterosexual; only incidentally homosexual.

I guess my 80/20 was correct.

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
According to the Klein Sexual Orientation Grid, you are 71% straight and 29% gay.

In subjective terms, this means you are predominantly heterosexual; more than incidentally homosexual

B_lrgeggs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Besides Hetro and Homosexual, I think there should be a third category--
non-sexual. I certainly have a sexual attraction to guys. But I am not sure what my sexual fantasy is about them...except to jerk off and have
physical contact. Not into kissing or anything to do with oral or anal
contact. Just physical. It might be because I am very cautious about getting STD's. So I think I am partically homo-sexual and Non-Sexual.
As for women, what can I say....well, I'll save that for another posting.

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
My Results, according to the survey... Probably about right. I may have to change my profile!

According to the Klein Sexual Orientation Grid, you are 55% straight and 45% gay.

Capt_obivous

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
According to the Klein Sexual Orientation Grid, you are 88% straight and 12% gay.

I think this is because i don't run screaming when i talk to a gay person

In terms of sexual attraction i answered completely straight, but in terms of social interaction i have no qualms being around gay people.

Last edited: