Klingons, Romulans, Vulcans, Cardassians, Ferengis and circumcision

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Northland, May 4, 2010.

1. Northland

Gold Member

I was watching a StarTrek episode the other day (the original with Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Sulu, Chekov and Scott), and began wondering. In the world of intergalactic interaction(ii), there are males of several planetorial and galaxial backgrounds. Were they like Earthlings and of long histories which included both pros and cons towards circumcision? Did they have various religious sects which either praised and requested circumcision or forbade it under risk of excommunication from the religion?

Research, found that Vulcans in particular are left untouched, although the reasoning may be disturbing to many. Introduction To Vulcan Physiology - Star Trek Online Geekipedia The Vulcan male reproductive organs parallel those of most other known humanoid/vulcanoid beings. The Vulcan penis is an erectile structure without external sheath or foreskin, therefore Vulcans have no need for circumcision. As part of the evolutionary process of T'Khasi life, the male organ is almost fully retracted into the body when not in use as a protective measure. Vulcans also have two testes in a scrotal structure that is close to the body, not pendulous, and a prostatic body that produces and stores seminal fluid. Once ejaculated, the sperm of Vulcans is viable for a maximum of about 30 hours before losing mobility. It is believed that Vulcan males remain fertile during their entire adult life.
    Yes, there we have it, Vulcans are without skin.

How about the Klingon or the Ferengi or the Cardassian? It can be presumed that given their similarity, the Romulans are like the Vulcans and don't possess skin either.

From further reasearch, I found whispers that Klingons are uncircumcised for the most part- which hinted that it may be done as part of retribution upon slaying an enemy (maybe even just capturing an enemy).

So, if the Montgomery Scott were captured by Klingons, he might indeed have his foreskin sliced off as part of negotiations between Starfleet and the Klingons. I wonder how they'd handle it if they captured Spock; though, since he is half human (his mother), perhaps he has an always external penis and was born with a foreskin, if so, was he circumcised?

I am still not sure about Cardassians and Ferengis. Here too, a whisper was found that had a Cardassian quite disgusted when someone mentioned being circumcised.

I am also curious as to the foreskin quotient of each group and of the earlier Klingons (Kirk generation) compared to those of later Klingons, who were vastly different in appearance.

2. B_quietguy

B_quietguy New Member

Does anybody really want to take the circumcision debate where no man has gone before?

3. D_ye4y34r

D_ye4y34r New Member

I guess it's true that a true Trekkie can relate ANYTHING to Star Trek. Why is this relevant? I would imagine that any and all non-religious alien types would have foreskins (assuming they had penises at all) because circumcision is a Jewish tradition....a human tradition. Jews were the first people to ever perform this ritual (bris) and were only copied outside the faith due to its pronounced cleanliness (or rather lack of ability to get as dirty). So really, this whole thread is a little pointless. No offense meant.

4. Northland

Gold Member

Oh definitely!

As indicated, the Vulcan is without foreskin. Additionally, if Earth has several religious and cultural rites; what would stop other planets and their residents from doing the same?

5. scottredleter

scottredleter New Member

Albums:
    I've always wanted to do a series of alien penis pictures... They could be so varied, it boggles the mind.
    But in the mean time, check out this dildo company. Awesome! I want one to display on my coffee table or mantle.
    www.aliendildos.com

6. D_Czarova Zucchini

D_Czarova Zucchini New Member

7. MoonDoggy

MoonDoggy Member

Hahahaha. I'm a trekkie and I love that other trekkies think of stuff like this. Awesome.

8. erratic

Gold Member

This is what happens when there's no new Trek on TV. Last time there was no Trek we got Kirk/Spock. Now we're getting socio-sexual xenoanthropology.

/tongue-in-cheek

9. mtsuenigma

mtsuenigma Member

Screw setting it on the table...I want of these to TRY!

10. SirConcis

Gold Member

Albums:
    I am ambivalent about Klingons. They are full of rituals to prove their manhood, so I would expect a boy to undergo a circumcision with one of them klingon daggers to prove he is a true klingon.

On the other hand, Klingons seem to enjoy pungant smells and weird food, so perhaps a male is expected to have smelly smegma and thus be uncut.

Vulcans are logical. They would circumcise because it is the logical thing to do (reduce disease, make it cleaner etc). Romulans still have emotions, so they woudl have eternal debates about whether to circumcise or not, like we do here.

Ferengis would be circumcised because they are the Trek representation of jews.

Cardassians probably have no foreskin with the rim of the glans much more pronounced than on humans.

Borg would also be circumcised when assimilated. Sort of hard for them to perform any hygiene down there since they genitals are encased in a metal suit without any trap door to access those body parts. (Not sure if they had time to cut Jean Luc Picard who would be uncut (since he was born in France, unless france adopted circ in the 24th century)

Data might be uncut. His creator may have seen it as a challenge to generate a skin like plastic that could mimic a foreskin. But his foreksin would not generate smegma or smells. He probably still need lube to make it work though :)

11. Northland

Gold Member

The difficulty with this is, that the Vulcan has already been revealed to be skinless at bith.

I believe Klingons are firmly against ciircumcising except, as I indicated, when there's military capture. One thing is certain, the Klingons have thick draping foreskins which hide their WMDs until it is time to enter the arena. They may even consider it a badge of honor to have given their foreskin for the Empire (especially if meant Klingon lives would be spared). For Klingons, it is safe to say, that a Klingon with a foreskin which must be removed for health reasons- and not for the Empire- is worthless and should be shunned, if not simply exiled to an uninhabitable planet, where they will mercifully die soon after arrival (Klingons aren't too much on coddling). The Klingon who elects to have their skin removed, most likely, disappears, as do all records of their ever having existed.

I am wondering now about Talarians...

...hmm... still, I believe the average Cardassian is uncircumcised except in cases of medical necessiity. Probably some ancient law which makes clear that a circumcised male Cardassian is forbidden to wed and procreate as he is considered by them to be damaged goods. Unlike Klingons; however, they do not follow the idea that death is better than circumcision. For a Cardassian, damaged goods can still have purpose.

Good call on the Ferengis, I hadn't given their Judaic similarity thought.

As to Data, if Dr. Noonien Soong was able to create such a human-like machine, he most likely could have figured a working foreskin of some kind for Data as well, to sufficiently swath the perfectly average lengthed and girthed penis, with 3 ridges of veins (though oddly no testicles:confused:) And I wonder, did his (Data's) brother Lore have a foreskin?

As to those who become part of the Borg collective, they most likely retain whatever attributes they had at the time of assimilation. We need look no further than 7of9 to see that the Borg has no desire or need to alter an appearance, they don't care about that, that's not their mission.

(clearly, I have too much time on my hands)

12. unique_exposure

unique_exposure New Member

Albums:
    This thread definitely brings Trekanalia to a new height. I haven't considered other races and their cocks, but I have joked about an imaginary phenomenon called "Klingon Dick" where a cock has many hard ridges that you would find on a Klingon forehead.

Very close to this type of dildo, but even more pronounced, and perhaps close to an extruded exaggeration of the tight wrinkles on a nutsack when cold. (Thanks to previous poster for the link).

Since Klingons admire each other for their prominent ridges, it could make sense that their other areas would ornament similarly. Their "D’k Tahg" being capable of a huge animalistic thrust... if you know what I mean. (I was going to *wink-wink* here but that just didn't seem right).

13. JTalbain

Gold Member

Wasn't Data supposed to look like the good doctor? If that were the case, he'd probably have his same physical characteristics. Then again, he might have given Data a formidable ten inches, especially if he was picturing Data as an idealized version of himself. Super strong, super tough, functionally immortal, totally logical, with super strength and a ten inch penis. Yep. That's what I'd do.

As for all the other races, I'm really not sure what their circumcision status would be. Considering that in Star Trek they can clone and reconstruct organs and entire people fairly easily, I would imagine that it would be fairly easy to construct a new foreskin, or even an entire penis, for an adult of any race who didn't want to be cut. So it might depend completely on individual preference. That said, you might see a lot more people get circumcised, knowing that the procedure is reversible. Oh, the fun ways scientific advancement interacts with culture. :smile:

14. tiahuaca

tiahuaca New Member

For people who believe in aliens, there are assumptions that Egyptian know about circumcision from aliens. Most of all Egyptian gods are aliens.Ra, the Sun god is an UFO.Maybe aliens have no foreskin, so Egyptian remove their foreskin to be look like their gods.Moses met aliens in Mt. Sinai, and he know alien have no foreskin, so he teach the Jews to practice circumcision too.The conclusion is, high civilization aliens tend to be have no foreskin.But the primitive aliens, may be have foreskin, and some of them practice circumcision for health and cleaness.

15. Northland

Gold Member

I got the feeling that Dr.Soong didn't particularly care about sex- hence his android 'children' and if this hypothesis is correct; then, it would stand to reason he found the purpose of a penis to mainly be for urinating and not physiical pleasure. With that in mind, he'd probably have kept Data restricted in size, as there'd be little use (in Soong's thinking) to having a massive rod,

16. RawDog

Gold Member

Albums:
    Pretty ample programming if you ask me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJmjB1GvJO0

17. Northland

Gold Member

:eek: we is seeeranded bah alee-ans! Marthy grab me mah rah-fell...

18. JTalbain

Gold Member

Now, now. I'm sure the good Doctor discovered masturbation at some point in his existence. :tongue:

19. unique_exposure

unique_exposure New Member

Albums:
    I love that episode.
    You could remove the side panel of Data's head to get to his positronic brain. Maybe he had a swappable penis as well. Hey, who knows!

20. Northland

Gold Member

that's a nauseating thought, he was decidedly unappealing (hence is need to make the fakes) Dr.Soong naked and wrestling Wally, :eek: I'm feeling ill.

Draft saved Draft deleted