Knight Rider 2008

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Okay-I admit, I was hyped to see them try to resurrect this franchise with this made-for-TV movie. NBC was (is?) planning in ordering a new series depending on the ratings. You would think that the premise of the show--a supercomputer within a car could work with all the modern day technologies that they could tap into.

Oh, but no see! Good LORD was this the most awful, cheesy thing I have seen on network TV in a long time. This was a pure example of the writer's strike forcing a network to show things that it had NO business showing.

The writing was adolescent. The acting was mediocre. The plot was bad--even for late-80s retro action/sci nonsense.

The car looked cool and the bulletproof special effects and changing colors go old the 3rd time they did it within 90 minutes. Val Kilmer is the new voice of KITT (the former voice works for Chevy and thus was not be on this Ford-based program). Kilmer's voice was so forced it stank.

And I won't even go into the car chase scene where they lead us to believe that a Ford Edge can keep up with a Super-powered mustang or that the Edge and a trackertrailer can both decelerate to avoid a head-on accident with maybe 20 feet between them.

Man I hope they do not move forward with this clusterfuck.

Anyone else fall asleep to this crap last night?

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah dude, I was subjected to this earlier and it was dire. First they screwed up the Bionic Woman and less than a year later they piss all over Knight Rider.

I wish that the original voice of Kitt (from the original series) had come back, but I don't think even that would have made me like this.

Early viewing figures were alright which most likely means it will be made into a series, sadly!

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yeah dude, I was subjected to this earlier and it was dire. First they screwed up the Bionic Woman

Sad thing is I thought Bionic started well and then went all wrong (within 3 weeks or so). The writers only had the rights to use the "Bionic Woman" and "Jamie Summers" names and nothing else (like actual bionic parts). Which is why they had to do hokey things like make the bionics nano-technically regenerate her limbs and what not. The blonde bionic woman was hot and I liked the original pilot where her younger sister was deaf. IT started hot and went south really quickly.

I wish that the original voice of Kitt (from the original series) had come back, but I don't think even that would have made me like this.

Early viewing figures were alright which most likely means it will be made into a series, sadly!

Contractual issues made his participation impossible. Man, it is sad that they will make more of this awfulness. I mean, that show was not even good enough to be aired at 12AM on a Saturday night.

Mr. Bungle

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
nah, I missed it, and I kinda wanted to catch a little bit of it, just for humor's sake... sure, they can make it into a series, it'll just be yet another horrendously sub-par show for the drooling, jello-brained TV-addicted masses to follow. And one more show for me to ignore.. =)

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Yeah, a car impervious to bullets turns and runs from them and the good guys (supposedly trying to escape) stand around and talk about trivial things until the bad guys 'sneak' up on them (which is where I changed channels.)

And on top of it all, the car sounds like Dr. House.

Puleeeeze.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
nah, I missed it, and I kinda wanted to catch a little bit of it, just for humor's sake... sure, they can make it into a series, it'll just be yet another horrendously sub-par show for the drooling, jello-brained TV-addicted masses to follow. And one more show for me to ignore.. =)

I doubt that this show (as portrayed last night) could keep the attention of anyone over the age of 12 or 13, tops. Yes, it was that bad.

BlackIsKingSize

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I watched it. Just didn't have one bit of the spark or charm that made me like the original show. Sure I was a kid back then but even if I rewatch it now there's enjoyment beyond just the nostalgia. But this thing, no enjoyment at all. It was just there.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Yeah, same here.

...Val Kilmer is the new voice of KITT (the former voice works for Chevy and thus was not be on this Ford-based program). Kilmer's voice was so forced it stank.

Val Kilmer? Really? Damn, what happened to his career?

You mean since Knightrider was on the last time

Good point.

smudgey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I was going to watch it just for Wil Arnett (GOB from Arrested Development), but as soon as he was taken out at the voice of the car-thing I vowed not to go near it if my life depended on it.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
yes, completely beneath the superb writing of the original series. I hope they bring back Michael's goatee-sporting evil twin for more fisticuffs, and Kitt's evil twin Katt, and Kitt's arch nemesis the giant battle-ready semi-truck Goliath, which I believe was driven by Michael's evil twin.

They also ought to do a crossover story with The Dukes of Hazzard.

Mr. Bungle

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yes, completely beneath the superb writing of the original series. I hope they bring back Michael's goatee-sporting evil twin for more fisticuffs, and Kitt's evil twin Katt, and Kitt's arch nemesis the giant battle-ready semi-truck Goliath, which I believe was driven by Michael's evil twin.

Oh yes!! I remember the evil KITT twin and Michael's doppelganger.. back in the day, when I was a wee lad, I thought that was the coolest thing ever. Long gone are the days when I showed up at school with all the info about the latet Knight Rider episode from the previous night. I always had a crush on Rebecca Holden from the original show. Google her (oh man, I would've loved to have "googled" her!!! haha) :smile:

unique_exposure

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The writing was really poor, a very sad remake; I'm usually all for 'em, but this was pretty boring.

I remember watching the original where in one episode Kitt said "Michael, would you like a ham sandwich?" and popped one out of the glovebox. Or is my childhood memory tainted?

drumstyck

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

KITT's evil twin was KARR, not KATT :rolleyes: ugh im a nerd.

really, i didnt expect too much from the show, and i wasnt disappointed...it was goofy plot-hole-ridden ridiculousness...its not something i'm going to set aside time to watch, but if i'm sitting around on a sunday nite (or whenever they put it into schedule) i'll watch it for fun