Know what sucks?

Damiaen Michaels

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
broken ankles and broken knuckles.

Trust me, I know. Your favorite Alaskan reporter was driving from Anchorage to Fairbanks (an Aleutian man recieved an award there for something)....not sure what, since I didn't make the story.

Some dumbass crossed over the yellow line into my lane (talking on his freakin' cell phone) clipped the drivers side and sent me into the ditch, flipping the live truck (van actually) on it's side, broke my ankle. Broke my knuckle when the metal part that holds the outside mirror smacked into my hand with some good force (had my hand out the window...got it back inside just in time). So, I am without my pinky and ring fingers on my left hand for the next six weeks....and use of my left foot.

Oh, I was pissed. Got taken to Fairbanks for treatment (and this was all during my week vacation...big story, they call me), drugs were good, nurses were hot....so all was not bad.:biggrin1:

Now in a foot cast (said no to the hand cast...got a wrap instead) and an extra week off.

So, that is what is going on in the world of your favorite Alaskan reporter. Hope all is well with everyone else.

Rock on,

Damiaen

ps: in case you are wondering, I only type with my index and middle fingers and my thumbs (always have).

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I can only imagine that it WOULD suck!:eek:

I too hope that you have a speedy recovery and that it wasn't/isn't too painful for you!:smile:

People driving while doing anything but concentrating on their driving, is one of my biggest antagonisms!:mad: I have been in the passenger seat while my 'ride' was talking on the phone, running a red light, or almost getting in an accident a few times! Luckily, I have never been involved in any auto accidents! I don't drive myself (if you can believe it!:biggrin1::redface:) and always rely on others for rides. My sister is one of the biggest red light runners in our state!:biggrin1: She ALWAYS talks on her cellphone while driving!:rolleyes: I have to shut up and tolerate it though! :( Either that, or finally learn how to drive and be the perfect driver that I wish others to be!:tongue:

Damiaen, thanks for your kind PM last week, I hope you will again be out being the 'fine' reporter you are, soon!:wink::tongue:

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sorry to hear that, Damiaen. If your accident has made it difficult for you to stroke, we'll send that_other_guy up to Alaska to help you out. :wink:

Damiaen Michaels

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Hey All,

Thanks for the kind words. The ankle is feeling fine, but the knuckle is what hurts, cause I am still, out of instinct (sp) wanting to use those fingers. I keep taking the wrap off too. Probably should have went with that two finger cast. Oh well.

Agnslz, you are quite welcome. To be honest, I have been guilty like your sister or running red lights (not too many) and talking on my cell, mostly with the studio or other crews. The station bought us all wireless earsets (those things that just sit in your ear...so cool) after a crew from another station got into an accident while holding a cell and driving. Not any safer, but it keeps both hands on the wheel.

Matthew, I use my right hand for stroking, but you can send that_other_guy up anyway:biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: .

I go back to work on Monday...whoohoo....getting antsy. Hope this heals by November, so I can play softball.

Rock on,

Damiaen

T

that_other_guy

When does my flight leave ? ... :wink::tongue:

Damiaen Michaels

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Hey TOG,

You would be on a plane for awhile (two hours from Anchorage, I am). I will pick ya up from the Akutan Airfield....yes, "Airfield"...and yes, the runway really is in a field...grass and all. Bumpy damned ride that is.

Rock on,

Damiaen

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am sorry to hear of your accident. I hope you recover soon.

Last year I broke 4 ribs - I was out on my motorbike and crashed when I had to avoid a car. It ached every time I had to inhale. However, I have a feeling you are in more discomfort than I was - so, better you than me :smile:

Hey, don't over do it - make sure you have enough rest before you go back to work.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Damiaen Michaels said:
Hey TOG,

You would be on a plane for awhile (two hours from Anchorage, I am). I will pick ya up from the Akutan Airfield....yes, "Airfield"...and yes, the runway really is in a field...grass and all. Bumpy damned ride that is.

Rock on,

Damiaen

Oh DAMIAEN, Best of luck on your recovery.!!

Alaska is nice and close to Canada.:biggrin1:

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
Bummer. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

(and after reading the title to this thread, I thought you were just going to post my name...)

Damiaen Michaels

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Hey All,

Pecker, I laughed so hard on the "moose on a cell phone" thing....that was good.:biggrin1: :biggrin1:

Jeff, AK is close, but I am not....I am about 1000 miles from the nearest border crossing....and about 10 islands.

Dreamer, that video definitely made things better. I got to start breaking things more often. TOG (my new name for that_other_guy) and you want to come up, shit, lemme go break a leg, I'll be right back.:biggrin1:

GoneA, that would be "know who sucks...and in that good Las Vegas way too". <some joke I started in high school....not sure how, but that is a compliment.

Thanks for all the well-wishes, I appericate it....I should take yhtabg's advice and take it easy, but they need everyone back tomorrow, so I have to be there. So, I will be out in Fairbabks somewhere tomorrow at a little after 4am....remember the time difference.

Hope everyone is doing well and having a good day.

Rock on,

Damiaen
Your Alaskan Reporter Dude

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
:eek:

Wow...

D.Michaels hope you recuperate soon...it sucks and will itch too...:tongue:

And if you can, please write my name in your foot cast and 'xoxo' but do it in girlish style,ok?...since high school i havent wrote in anyones casts anymore...:rolleyes:

Kisses and take care...:smile:

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Sorry that your in pain.

Remember, If somebody crashes into your vehicle, just steer into them and send them into the ditch. At least that way, you have a chance to get out of your vehicle, crowbar in hand, and beat the living shit out of whoever hit you.
Make sure you scream "Can you hear me now" while impailing the crowbar into his/her head.

Drive Defensively.