Korea

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Can't quite believe I'm typing this out loud, but at 6' 7" tall, and with a gargantuan cock (and gargantuan feet, if people use that as a gauge), you would probably have better relationship and/or sexual prospects in Ireland.

Please nobody call me a bigot. I'm just reflecting on differences in culture and in average height/size of people.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
oh come on... I already know how tall people are from Korea. I was hoping for useful information.

Incidentally, I've had sex with several girls who were Sassy's height or shorter and it has never even remotely been an issue.

and... I'm quite looking forward to the differences in culture. If I wanted to live in the same culture all my life I would be looking for jobs in this country. I am not.

All that being said... if I get the offer for Dublin, I will accept it. Not because I think I'll have a better sexlife there (somehow from everything I've heard I think I'll be getting laid a lot more in Asia)... but rather because that position pays about 3x as much as any of the others I've been offered.

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
oh come on... I already know how tall people are from Korea. I was hoping for useful information.

Incidentally, I've had sex with several girls who were Sassy's height or shorter and it has never even remotely been an issue.

and... I'm quite looking forward to the differences in culture. If I wanted to live in the same culture all my life I would be looking for jobs in this country. I am not.

All that being said... if I get the offer for Dublin, I will accept it. Not because I think I'll have a better sexlife there (somehow from everything I've heard I think I'll be getting laid a lot more in Asia)... but rather because that position pays about 3x as much as any of the others I've been offered.

Money talks.

However, if you want some slightly useful information: Before settling down to live the "American Dream," my parents spent nearly a decade teaching in Malaysia. That period of time made them much more well-rounded, interesting people than they would have been, and they looked back on those experiences with happiness for decades. In my mother's last lucid conversation with my father, they didn't talk about family members, our house, my dad's job, or his future without my mother -- they talked about things they did and people they knew in Malaysia. That period of time was what my mother most wanted to remember.

I agree with you that differences in culture are something to look forward to, and the experience could greatly enhance your life. I was just being a smart-ass before.

Wherever you go, I'm sure you will make an impression, and the place will make an impression on you. Perhaps the more different the culture is from our own, the richer your adventures there will be. So, if you don't get the lucrative offer from Dublin, I would choose the one that scares you the most. You would probably have the greatest adventures there.

But who am I? I've only been out of the country a few times, and never to the Far East. Sometimes, though, I wonder what I would have done with my Microbiology Degree, had I been unattached and free to go anywhere I liked. I think I would have traveled to faraway, strange places, just like my parents did.

I hope some people with real experience and knowledge of Jang Ahn, Anyang, Chuncheon, Ulsan, Hubei, and Dublin will post to this thread.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I would choose the one that scares you the most. You would probably have the greatest adventures there.

That's just it. Being by myself in a strange place immersed in a foreign culture where I don't speak the language everyone else does doesn't scare me in the slightest. I find the idea extremely appealing. I know most people find comfort in the familiar, but I hate it. I need change.

I know you were being a smartass before, I was just calling you on it.

Right now if I don't hear from Dublin, then I'm leaning toward Ulsan. Not as big a city as Seoul, but close. It's a coastal city in the south so the climate is supposed to be a bit warmer and more mild. Mountains to the north blocking some of the Siberian air in.

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have been to Daejon to the NW and Busan to the south. Busan has a good regional airport and is about an hour or so away.

I think the Koreans are charming and cultured people. I don't quite get their businessmen's need to drink themselves to oblivion every now and then with blended whisky.

The area is beautiful, the seasons are disctinct and the mountains are glorious. I have a pic of a Buddhist temple in the mountains as my screensaver.

You will find it a culture shock. Very little English is spoken, no dual language signs or menus for the most part.

I like the food but most westerners I know, don't.

Clothes is a serious point, I lost my bags once and could only find a T-shirt at Seoul Airport that fitted me. If you go to the men's sauna and spa, you will get looked at a lot.

I do have friends who didn't like Seoul, but they are older than you. But if you want a real different experience, I would go for it. Obviously read up as much as you can. I find the language really difficult, so there's a challenge for you.

The islands to the south are great for holidays.

Good manners are essential - just thought I'd mention that.

TeflonDon

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OK, what exactly are you looking for? I lived in Japan for 1.5 years and travelled Asia(Korea, Thailand, Cambodia, China, Vietnam) extensively.

You mentioned wanting change: + for Any Asian country
You mentioned Money: As you said + for Dublin
You mentioned Sex: HUGE + for most Asian countries I do believe. (I was dating my entire time in Asia....but I Could have had so much sex it's almost comical)

Not sure were your priorities lie but I can offer this. I had the greatest time of my life working/living abroad and it was in large part due to the difference in culture.

Teflon

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, I've said so weeks ago. Korea: Be prepared to find beds that might not accomodate you. Be prepared to stick out like a sore thumb, literally, with your height, from any given crowd you walk into. China: It's a 30-feet-country, because everything looks good from 30 feet away. Don't get closer, things look messy and unreliable then (refers to houses, elevators, cars, restaurants, etc). I'd probably choose Dublin.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Anything after Korea is a walk-in-the-park (or Kim).

haha. I'll pass on the park if you can get me a dongsuk.

I dont know dude, I would stay away from asia, unless you speak the language...

Yes, that's because you're not me. Is it really that hard to understand I see this as a big plus? No pressure to make stupid smalltalk all the time, I can just be aloof and mysterious and not come off as creepy like I do here. Experienced this before hanging out in Eastern Europe, without so much as a pocket dictionary and only a very rudimentary understanding of Slavic (Polish) and Romance (Spanish) languages, and I loved that experience.

Korea: Be prepared to find beds that might not accomodate you. Be prepared to stick out like a sore thumb, literally, with your height, from any given crowd you walk into. China: It's a 30-feet-country, because everything looks good from 30 feet away. Don't get closer, things look messy and unreliable then (refers to houses, elevators, cars, restaurants, etc). I'd probably choose Dublin.

I already stick out. I don't mind. Another plus for me. I don't blend and I'm happy with that, it's part of my identity now. I know China is still largely a developing country. I'm okay with that. I had a blast in Romania and that place would be described as a major shithole by most Americans, I'm sure. The only thing on your list I'm a little worried about are the beds, but I've been assured that there are plenty of places I can get larger mattresses if I want one.

I know you, and most other Westerners, would choose Dublin. I think I would have fun there, but for right now it just seems too much like the USA to me.
Also, at this point, I haven't been offered the job in Dublin. If I do get offered that job, I will take it, because like I said it's a ton more money. So everyone can stop trying to convince me. ;)

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
<.>

I know you, and most other Westerners, would choose Dublin. I think I would have fun there, but for right now it just seems too much like the USA to me.
Also, at this point, I haven't been offered the job in Dublin. If I do get offered that job, I will take it, because like I said it's a ton more money. So everyone can stop trying to convince me. ;)

Let me play the agent provocateur here: A job in a third-world country, even though maybe not paid as well, can be a major resumé builder, and your career can advance a lot faster there than at a western country. If you're only looking into the immediate financial gain, get the Dublin job, but if you're looking into long-term career development, interesting resumé items and adventure, I'd pick China. Just imagine all the other round-eyes at your company questioning you about what it's like to work in a communist country.

If you want a real blast, choose a really fucked-up place, like any of the central-asian, former southern SSR's, DPRK, the Republic of Kongo.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My wife says Ulsan is a very industrialized port with steel and heavy duty manufacturing, so it's fairly ugly. Also it has a reputation for local life being somewhat influenced by large yakuza gangs. Macho men. Hard drinking. Blue collar. She does love the east coast, however, and the fresh seafood is really amazing. Daegu is relatively nearby, and is much better in her opinion, but is not on your list.

Anyang is kind of drab suburban blandness but is very close to Seoul. 20 minutes?

Chuncheon has mountains and a large lake. The weather can be foggy.

In Seoul a sunny day usually gets first lead on the evening news. Most days are overcast.

Monsoon season makes an extra large umbrella (in your case) absolutely a necessity. You'll have a solid month where it rains pretty much every day in a torrent, then stops but stays hot, humid and steamy, then repeats.

best of luck.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My wife says Ulsan is a very industrialized port with steel and heavy duty manufacturing, so it's fairly ugly. Also it has a reputation for local life being somewhat influenced by large yakuza gangs. Macho men. Hard drinking. Blue collar. She does love the east coast, however, and the fresh seafood is really amazing. Daegu is relatively nearby, and is much better in her opinion, but is not on your list.

Anyang is kind of drab suburban blandness but is very close to Seoul. 20 minutes?

Chuncheon has mountains and a large lake. The weather can be foggy.

In Seoul a sunny day usually gets first lead on the evening news. Most days are overcast.

Monsoon season makes an extra large umbrella (in your case) absolutely a necessity. You'll have a solid month where it rains pretty much every day in a torrent, then stops but stays hot, humid and steamy, then repeats.

best of luck.

Thanks. =)

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
I work with both Chinese and Koreans, they are really cool people, they do drink a lot! I love their food especially the barbecued stuff.
My company has a factory in China, and the colleages who have stayed there had an exellent time, one said literally every girl in a night club wanted to dance with him, so you might have to take a big stick to beat them off.

Never been to Ireland but have many Irish friends, apparently Irish girls have the biggest boobs in Europe according to bra sales figures, good news if you like that!