Kornered by kweers

modest123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
At one time, I noticed that some guys were staring at me and following me around at the gym. This went on for a few weeks. One day, after my workout, I entered one of those "private" shower stalls and closed the door behind me. Between each stall was patterned glass that you couldn't quite see through clearly. Well... the guy in the stall next to mine pushed his face right up to the glass so that his nose was squished against it and he was leering at my private parts. As I was noticing this, another guy actually opened the door to MY stall and let himself in!! I was out of there in a flash and, not being sure what to do, complained to management. Of course there was nothing they could do either. I found another gym.

disclaimer: I used the word "kweers" because it went well with "kornered". I have nothing against homosexuals in general.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
At one time, I noticed that some guys were staring at me and following me around at the gym. This went on for a few weeks. One day, after my workout, I entered one of those "private" shower stalls and closed the door behind me. Between each stall was patterned glass that you couldn't quite see through clearly. Well... the guy in the stall next to mine pushed his face right up to the glass so that his nose was squished against it and he was leering at my private parts. As I was noticing this, another guy actually opened the door to MY stall and let himself in!! I was out of there in a flash and, not being sure what to do, complained to management. Of course there was nothing they could do either. I found another gym.

disclaimer: I used the word "kweers" because it went well with "kornered". I have nothing against homosexuals in general.

I beg to differ. :irked: The behavior of the men at your previous gym was both ridiculous and deplorable. It's actions like that which give gay men a bad name. :mad: That said, the way in which you have told your tale makes you seem like a total homophobe.

I'm kinda wondering why you put this in Relationships rather than Etc., or Fictitious Stories.:confused::rolleyes:

modest123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It has to do with the "Discrimination and jealousy" part. Yeah, I was aware that I might come across as a homophobe. But, when I remember these events, I actually do feel like one :frown1: ...and it's certainly not a fictitious story; it really did happen.

[/SIZE][/FONT]
I beg to differ. :irked: The behavior of the men at your previous gym was both ridiculous and deplorable. It's actions like that which give gay men a bad name. :mad: That said, the way in which you have told your tale makes you seem like a total homophobe.

I'm kinda wondering why you put this in Relationships rather than Etc., or Fictitious Stories.:confused::rolleyes:

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
...disclaimer: I used the word "kweers" because it went well with "kornered". I have nothing against homosexuals in general.
Why would you use "kornered" instead of "Cornered" anyway? "Cornered by Queers" doesn't lose any of its phonetic "phun". Besides, it sounds like you were more leered, or ogled at, anyway. Honestly, your disclaimer sounds like a pretty thin excuse to just say "queers" instead of something else.

Some other "nothing against" them, but equally offensive possibilities:
Panicked by Pansies
Horrified by Homos
Freaked by fags (of course, more cleverly: "Phreaked by Phags" :rolleyes: )

UpwardCurve

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think this could be grounds for sexual harrassment. If this happened to a woman she would be 6 figures richer as soon as she called her lawyer.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think this could be grounds for sexual harrassment. If this happened to a woman she would be 6 figures richer as soon as she called her lawyer.
:biggrin1: hahaha Yeah, first she'd have to wait for the male lawyer to stop beating off and asking for details. :rolleyes::mad: Hmm thing is, unless it's a prison movie from the 1970's lesbians are never that bold in locker rooms. :no:

cdarro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Agreed. Totally inappropriate, offensive and threatening behavior. On your approach to the gym owners, they should have at least questioned and perhaps banned the guys. If they refuse(d) to do so, then I would say (and I'm an accountant, not a lawyer) that it's actionable.

If someone tried to enter a private shower stall when I was in it, they'd get a swift punch in the head. No question.

But yeah, the wording of the OP could have been better chosen.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I've had some VERY aggressive people look at me at the gym, but I've never encountered any of them that weren't entirely deterred by me making a stern or annoyed look at them. I'm in NO way trying to blame the victim, but even the most aggressive guys that I know, would never be that forward, unless they thought that the person was on some level receptive. I'm not saying that it didn't happen, but I do think that whatever happened has been magnified, or significantly exaggerated by fear and/or paranoia. They just sound more like boogey men from a nightmare sequence, than they do actual people.

haydonsw19

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I agree with njqt466 and the other posters here, this kind of behaviour is not acceptable at the gym and certainly wouldn't be tolerated at my gym in London. This behaviour does in my opinion amount to harassment and I personally think that the management of the gym should speak to the offending members as a minimum.

Regardless of your sexuality, I don't think anyone should be subjected to this kind of behaviour. I'm gay and I really would not be happy about it!!

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I can't believe the gym management couldn't do anything, if what you say happened actually happened. A guy I know got kicked out of a municipal pool for spending too much time in the shower, he's not even gay, but the presumption was that he was cruising.

Anyway you changed gym, so end of problem no? Or were you looking to have a wider grumble about how "gays are ruining the gym with their perving and stuff". "Gays are horrible, they kornered[sic] me", "lets all bitch about gays" . If so then.... yawn.

modest123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Re: hilaire and novice. The events really did happen exactly as I wrote. As for "acting receptive". I doubt it. When I visit the gym, it's for two reasons: to work out and to check out the babes. I think those gays were hounding me because of my large package. And no, I'm not into gay-bashing. This particular episode, however, made me upset and this is reflected in my wording. I don't hate gays but I do hate political correctness so I used words that captured my feelings. As for YOUR feelings (gays), I'm not out to insult you, so you should take the words in context.

Yes, the problem went away when I switched gyms. I only posted it here because I thought it would make an interesting topic - an accurate one that happened to me - and on a largely gay forum no less and one dedicated to penises.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Re: hilaire and novice. The events really did happen exactly as I wrote. As for "acting receptive". I doubt it. When I visit the gym, it's for two reasons: to work out and to check out the babes. I think those gays were hounding me because of my large package. And no, I'm not into gay-bashing. This particular episode, however, made me upset and this is reflected in my wording. I don't hate gays but I do hate political correctness so I used words that captured my feelings. As for YOUR feelings (gays), I'm not out to insult you, so you should take the words in context.

Yes, the problem went away when I switched gyms. I only posted it here because I thought it would make an interesting topic - an accurate one that happened to me - and on a largely gay forum no less and one dedicated to penises.

I can understand your anger and frustration at what happened. I can also understand why you used the language you did which has obviously offended quite a few people here. Eventhough I don't like how you expressed yourself I can see why you did and am not offended by it.

Overall I think how you worded what you wrote has totally detracted from the original point of your thread and moved the focus to you seemingly being homophobic. I don't believe that you are and can understand why you were so upset at what happened. It must have been dreadful.

Maybe a little lesson for you for the future about the wording of posts :wink:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media

Hey I'm not offended, like I said if what your saying is true then you have ample reason to be pissed off at the management of that gym for not doing something about guys who were clearly behaving in a totally unacceptable way.

My point was why did you start the topic ? What did you want others to say, or how did you expect people to react, what was your intention ?

If your point was that gyms allow guys to behave in unpleasant and unacceptable ways then your o.p. didn't really make that clear, it read more like you were saying that you thought this was a characteristic of gay men and that the gym was somehow colluding in allowing gay guys to get away with all sorts.

Are you pissed with the gym ? Or gays ? Or a political correctness you think stops gay people from being reprimanded when they do wrong ? I'm sounding interrogative but actually I'm geniunely interested and I'm sorry of you thought I was being unsympathetic.http://www.lpsg.org/148084-very-hot-twins-who-they.html

modest123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wasn't trying to make any particular point. I just thought this incident would make an interesting post. This happened several years ago so I've long since ceased being pissed about it (except when I relate it to others and it all comes back to me). If anybody here is from the Denver, CO area, I'd be happy to tell him specifically which gym it was. But I'm really not sure what they could have done anyway. Post guards in the mens locker room? Issue me a taser or pepper spray? I was so shocked at the time that I couldn't even identify the perps had they asked me to. My only priority was getting out of there.

Hey I'm not offended, like I said if what your saying is true then you have ample reason to be pissed off at the management of that gym for not doing something about guys who were clearly behaving in a totally unacceptable way.

My point was why did you start the topic ? What did you want others to say, or how did you expect people to react, what was your intention ?

If your point was that gyms allow guys to behave in unpleasant and unacceptable ways then your o.p. didn't really make that clear, it read more like you were saying that you thought this was a characteristic of gay men and that the gym was somehow colluding in allowing gay guys to get away with all sorts.

Are you pissed with the gym ? Or gays ? Or a political correctness you think stops gay people from being reprimanded when they do wrong ? I'm sounding interrogative but actually I'm geniunely interested and I'm sorry of you thought I was being unsympathetic.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
As much as the actions of the gay guys in the described scenario was inappropriate, is it REALLY worth the lawsuit as some people are suggesting? Is your life that mentally traumatized? If that's all it takes, then you best not use a locker room when you go to the gym because cruising and sexual advances happen in EVERY last one of them. Some not as blatant.

Just find a different gym and go on about your business.

Symphonic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As much as the actions of the gay guys in the described scenario was inappropriate, is it REALLY worth the lawsuit as some people are suggesting? Is your life that mentally traumatized? If that's all it takes, then you best not use a locker room when you go to the gym because cruising and sexual advances happen in EVERY last one of them. Some not as blatant.

Just find a different gym and go on about your business.

That's like saying when someone breaks into your house and just steals a little money is it really worth calling the police?