Kris Allen -- American Idol WINNER.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Really, jj. I voted for Kris 23 times and you can hardly call me a bible thumper. The same goes for my sister who marches with her kids in every Gay Pride parade in Boston. So watch it with the epithets.

I think Adam is immensely talented but I doubt I will ever buy a CD of his or go see him in concert. Kris, who is equally although differently talented, is another matter; that's why he got my vote.
I was just exercising my God given right to an opinion, just like you and everyone else here have done. It is clear from your many posts regarding Adam that you were not a fan, so if it comes down to him and Kris, obviously Kris will get your vote. And my comments had absolutely nothing to do with the Gay issue when i said bible Thumpers. i meant only that since he had a big religious background AND was a mover and shaker in the church, it was a no-brainer that those people would support him. I doubt your vote was based on Kris being more talented or a better singer or performer? If that were the case, in my opinion you'd be sorely mistaken. Your vote was based on Adam rubbing you the wrong way, and your only other choice was Kris. True you didnt have to vote at all, but then again you wouldnt be displaying your distaste for Adam to its fullest. I get it , Really!!!! And if you want to continue this with me, lets take it to the mat, in thongs.....

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sorry Slurper and Stronzo, but you guys just aint up on popular culture. Go to Perezhilton.com and you will learn that staffers ran into Adam and other AI contestants the other nite at a dinner given in their honor at Olive Garden whereby Adam introduced his HANDSOME, hot, hunky date as his BF. (boyfriend, not best friend) This has also been confirmed by others on other sites. And whats the big surprise anyway ???? He speaks for himself and doesnt need others to speak for him... Respect to Adam.

Thanks for bringing me up to speed jjkrkwood.

"Respect to you Adam"! I'll second that.

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

That's larger than the population of Canada :rolleyes:.

On topic, I personally preferred Adam, but that's only because his voice was more unique. Kris, I think, will be lost amidst all the other singers who sound exactly like him. I could be wrong, and for his sake, I hope so.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That's larger than the population of Canada :rolleyes:.

On topic, I personally preferred Adam, but that's only because his voice was more unique. Kris, I think, will be lost amidst all the other singers who sound exactly like him. I could be wrong, and for his sake, I hope so.

ABSO FUCKIN LUTELY CORRECT Discontent (furthermore Kris is so small he even gets lost on stage, unless he has a BIG instrument with him)
:smile::redface::smile::redface::smile::redface::smile::redface:

slurper_la

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sorry Slurper and Stronzo, but you guys just aint up on popular culture. Go to Perezhilton.com and you will learn that staffers ran into Adam and other AI contestants the other nite at a dinner given in their honor at Olive Garden whereby Adam introduced his HANDSOME, hot, hunky date as his BF. (boyfriend, not best friend) This has also been confirmed by others on other sites. And whats the big surprise anyway ???? He speaks for himself and doesnt need others to speak for him... Respect to Adam.

I do respect Adam and I support(ed) him all the way. I think you missed my point that the religious right had it out for him.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I do respect Adam and I support(ed) him all the way. I think you missed my point that the religious right had it out for him.

No, i didnt miss it. It was just so obvious from the very first surfacing of those questionable pics of him on the internet and tabloids. Come on, America can deal with 2 girls kissing, but 2 Gays. they cant "swallow" that.
Without those pics, the eyeliner and nail polish would have just been written off as "rocker chic"...

But much respect to him for remaining true to himself and not crumbling under the pressure of the Idol machine....Its their loss and HIS gain.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Assumed "gayness" of the contestants aside, just goes to show once again that winning A. Idol hasn't a damned thing to do with talent. Seems boytoy looks and a strong local fan base has won out against one singer with excellent voice, another bluesy gutsy soulful singer, and a badass 16 year old with attitude (and who can sing the shit out of "Janis").

Not to worry, Kris won't be the first (or the last) winner we'll hear little more from while the runner-ups go on with their careers.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you like it or not, when it comes down to the last 2 people it's not just who likes who but also who does not like who. If Adam was not your thing then if you want to vote you'll vote for the other guy. Personally I don't think either one is upset over the out come.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I doubt your vote was based on Kris being more talented or a better singer or performer? If that were the case, in my opinion you'd be sorely mistaken. Your vote was based on Adam rubbing you the wrong way, and your only other choice was Kris. True you didnt have to vote at all, but then again you wouldnt be displaying your distaste for Adam to its fullest. I get it , Really!!!!

A) I did not know until last night's show that Kris was in any way involved with the church.

B) You have all rights to any opinon whatsoever as well as the right to express it.

C) You have no right whatsoever to presume to know what I think or why I voted as I did except insofar as I have expressed it here. I am an extremely clear writer and it is obvious to me that you have seriously misinterpreted both my feelings and my motives. You are wildly incorrect on almost every account. If you want clarification, ask me but please do not attribute ideas to me that are not mine, particularly in public, again.

D) I rarely, if ever wear thongs and when I do, they quickly come off. But a mat is not in my future.

E) I'm actually glad the show is over. This whole topic has become dreary.

Last edited:

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
C) You have no right whatsoever to presume to know what I think or why I voted as I did except insofar as I have expressed it here. I am an extremely clear writer and it is obvious to me that you have seriously misinterpreted both my feelings and my motives. You are wildly incorrect on almost every account. If you want clarification, ask me but please do not attribute ideas to me that are not mine, particularly in public, again.

I have no right to pressume or interpret what people say in a Pubic forum??? Hmmm, thats interesting. You ARE a very clear writer and that is why I came to my conclusions. Come on Nick, you really need to lighten up, but then again you are expressing YOURSELF and that is Fine too. I Live for your "warnings", but likewise, if You need to warn, it could be done in private, NOT public. People always like to give advice, but not follow their own. YES, I am bored with this topic too, so I am done here.

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
Kris deserved to win, no doubts about it. Sure he isn't as "showy" as Adam but he does have more musical talent.

Also i must say (even though i will probably be crucified) that saying Adam didn't win because he is a gay is crazy. Yes maybe it is a factor but it is the same as the American presidential election. If Obama hadn't of won it would have been because he was black and Hillary didn't win because she is a woman.

People need to stop thinking of excuses why Adam didn't win and start thinking that maybe Kris is worthy of what he has achieved

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Guess who else doesn't care for Adam?
Clay Aiken.

Someone got a screenshot from his subscription-only site. Five words: "thought my ears would bleed." :biggrin1:

Theres a major back story to Aikens rant against Adam. Apparently aiken went to the Idol rehearsal hall to speak to Adam about the possibility of him touring with Clay and being an opening act, and he was thrown out by Idol personell. The story claims Adam was aware of what was happening and made no attempt to stop it. Clay is "raging" and obviously his rant is his defense mechanism. SO TACKY !!!!!!!

ptownmattNC

Just Browsing
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Here it is in a nutshell and why I think Kris won. Imagine you are planning a date. Adam would be the choice for a night out show but when you got home and wanted to get romantic Kris's would be the CD you played. Adam is a show man but I think Kris's vocals have a heartfelt sincerity that makes you feel the song.