Kung-Fu Grip

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
Do you ever notice a person (male or female) grab their partner with a "kung-fu grip" when they see you? In my personal experience it's usually youger straight guys grabbing their girlfriends and giving me the stink eye. This seems to happen in the Wal Mart parking lot more often than anywhere else. Discuss.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sorcerer said:
Hawaii is like a 3rd world country in some ways. Wal Mart is the great equalizer, EVERYBODY goes.
I'm sure you could still find cooler places to steal chicks from their boyfriends.

spl98006

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Sorcerer said:
Do you ever notice a person (male or female) grab their partner with a "kung-fu grip" when they see you? In my personal experience it's usually youger straight guys grabbing their girlfriends and giving me the stink eye. This seems to happen in the Wal Mart parking lot more often than anywhere else. Discuss.

Hehe... my bf and I still laugh about the time we were walking through the train station and both of us, at the same time, independent of each other, gave the-look-and-the-smile to a really hot straight (?) guy who was walking in the opposite direction with his girlfriend.

The guy actually smiled back, digging the attention I suppose, but it was the girlfriend who gave us the "get away from him you bitches" look and Kung-Fu-gripped him!

Of course, maybe your rep has spread across the islands by now, and those young Hawaiian boys recognize you, so they give you the stink-eye because they know what you would do to them if you ever got them home... and what you would use to do it!

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Back in my younger days when I first started designing clothes, I would get one of my prettier grilfriends to go out with me and we'd both dress in some of my dresses to pass out business cards. Since I basically design slutwear, we saw plenty of kung-fu grips from insecure girls marking their terriroty. Funny thing was I usually collected more phone numbers from girls than men back then.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've never noticed anything like that, but I'm also not that observant sometimes. Closest I ever came to this was-

I called a friend of mine who is the best illustrator and graphic designer whose work I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. The mother of his children (who wants to get back together with him) picked up the phone.

I said, "Hello. This is [BronxBombshell's real name goes here], may I please speak to [Uber-talented Artist]?

She said, (and you could just see her working her neck around in circles, hands on hips) No-you-may-NOT!!! and slammed down the phone.

Ha! Hysterical. Then she went to the caller ID and called me back and hung up a few times. I was actually calling him for business. I need a corporate identity package, and not only is he the best, but he'll give me a great rate. She's right to worry about me though. They're not actually together, and he's been threatening to bend me over for a year now. I've been threatening to let him.

Bryce

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I was younger I had my fair share of that and Ive been out with friends back home who hated going out with me because supposedly I got attention (ie being looked over like a piece of meat) - although ironically enough even now at a time when I am working to loose all the weight I gained after moving from the US to the UK - I still get checked out by men out with other women.

And I will never understand the women give me the evil eye like its my fault that their man doesnt respect them enough to not blatantly ogle other women in front of them. I am realistic to know that men are going to look (just as much as we ladies do); but he can do that on his own time - not when he's with me. If they dont demand that respect then its their problem and their insecurity when they dont get it - dont lay it at my door...

BronxBombshell- Let him!! :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

He would be with her if he wanted to be. Since he isn't she'll have to get over him sometime whether its because of you or someone else - why not let it be you LOL And does he know just how sad she is with the childishness on the phone?

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Tangentially related anyway:

Every single older picture of my parents features Dad with a frantic grip on Mom's arms or shoulders, as if he were afraid she were going to dash away any moment or as if he were being careful to demonstrate ownership. It's a striking and very sad image to me.

OK, I'm done. :smile: