Kylie Minouge gets OBE

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Congratulations Kylie, but goodness Girlfriend fire your stylist.
That dress is a fucking train wreak!!!
What the fuck were you thinking.

Attachments

Last edited:

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Congrats to her. always liked Kylie.

i don't think the dress is that bad...but i can't really see it that much in the picture.

EDIT: saw another picture. she looks beautiful! dress seems a bit inappropriate but she looks great.

Last edited:

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I love the cut but the sparkly stars are foul.
It is pretty tragic when Victoria Beckham was better dressed when the Hubby got his OBE

I rarely gush about pop stars or anything like that. I don't think it matters all that much given everything going on in the world. Kylie though, is a class act. I know just one of her songs and am not fond of dancing. She's devoted an enormous amount of her time not only to cancer awareness, but other charities as well. She is also, apparently, a nice person. OBEs are a dime a dozen and I'm sure HM was advised to put her on the list because of declining Commonwealth sympathies in Australia, yet I think she's deserving of this award. It gives me a good feeling when the nice guys win some recognition once in a while.

Does that mean you think Australians have gone off the Queen?:confused:

It's difficult to say really. A 1999 referendum worked out to 55% to 45% in favor of monarchy and then many of the people who voted in favor reported that the only reason they voted pro monarchy was because the proposal put to the ballot would have the President elected by parliament, not the people. A poll conducted earlier this year by RMI, found numbers about the same though down slightly from 2005 when anti-monarchist sentiment was at its peak.

That's still nearly half of Australia who would like to see some other system.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think the colored stars were a bit too much.

If I were her wardrobist, she would've had a simple cream dress with royal blue accents. A simple pearl necklace, pearl earrings and cream slips (shoes) with a small heel.

Simple and understated make-up job. Foundation. A bit of mascara. Peach lipstick. A bit of blush.

I think the colored stars were a bit too much.

If I were her wardrobist, she would've had a simple cream dress with royal blue accents. A simple pearl necklace, pearl earrings and cream slips (shoes) with a small heel.

Simple and understated make-up job. Foundation. A bit of mascara. Peach lipstick. A bit of blush.

I thought that too. Yeah it's a YSL, but more of a party ensemble than something to go to the palace to represent your country.

I'd go with a tasteful cream dress of the same length but with delicately embroidered pastel golden wattle flowers, opal earrings, and matching basic open-toed pumps instead of those hooker-heel sandals. We know you're short Kylie. It's OK.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I thought that too. Yeah it's a YSL, but more of a party ensemble than something to go to the palace to represent your country.

I'd go with a tasteful cream dress of the same length but with delicately embroidered pastel golden wattle flowers, opal earrings, and matching basic open-toed pumps instead of those hooker-heel sandals. We know you're short Kylie. It's OK.

You know those colored glitter stars on that dress? They remind me of those metallic colored star stickers I got in kindergarten for progress reports and for graded papers and projects. Except those on the dress are bigger versions...WAY bigger versions. :smile:

Last edited: