Lügenpresse

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When a video of two Donald Trump supporters shouting “Lügenpresse” (lying press) started to circulate Sunday, viewers from Germany soon noted its explosive nature. The defamatory word was most frequently used in Nazi Germany. Today, it is a common slogan among those branded as representing the “ugly Germany”: members of xenophobic, right-wing groups.

Its use across the Atlantic Ocean at a Trump rally has worried Germans who know about its origins all too well. Both the Nazi regime and the East German government made use of it, turning it into an anti-democracy slogan.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...uted-at-a-trump-rally/?utm_term=.4548150825bc

Senator John McCain, defending the media against the latest attack by President Donald Trump, warned that suppressing the free press was "how dictators get started".

The Arizona Republican, a frequent critic of Trump, was responding to a tweet in which Trump accused the media of being “the enemy of the American people”.

The international order established after World War Two was built in part on a free press, McCain said in an excerpt of an interview with NBC's "Meet the Press" that was released in advance of the full Sunday morning broadcast.

"I hate the press. I hate you especially," he told interviewer Chuck Todd from an international security conference in Munich. "But the fact is we need you. We need a free press. We must have it. It's vital."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-mccain-idUSKBN15Y07R

"Trump's attacks on the American press as enemies of the American people are more treacherous than Richard Nixon's," Bernstein told CNN's Brian Stelter on "Reliable Sources" on Sunday. Bernstein is a CNN political commentator.
http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/19/media/carl-bernstein-trump-nixon-reliable-sources/index.html

#resist

nickinoo

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
He is never going to get the press on his side with his attitude, and he needs it. I don't know what his game is but it seems completely foolish.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The Left's brown shirts ...

Why so violent liberals?

Fucking Nazis.
The topic was Trump and the press, why the need to deflect so quickly? You haven't even addressed the topic. You threw up a strawman instead. This thread has nothing to do with violence that erupted around the appearance of Milo Y. Try and stick to the topic.

Mercurygirl

Superior Member
Media
The topic was Trump and the press, why the need to deflect so quickly? You haven't even addressed the topic. You threw up a strawman instead. This thread has nothing to do with violence that erupted around the appearance of Milo Y. Try and stick to the topic.

The topic is a non story, fake news.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Liberal Nazis:

Liberal gestapo physical assault against freedom of speech:

Who are the fascists?

The rise of the Nazi Left.
you still haven't addressed the topic which is Mr Trump's relationship with the press. This is the second time you've used the strawman of violence regarding the appearance of Milo Y. If you can't stick to the topic, start a new one.

Mercurygirl

Superior Member
Media
you still haven't addressed the topic which is Mr Trump's relationship with the press. This is the second time you've used the strawman of violence regarding the appearance of Milo Y. If you can't stick to the topic, start a new one.

I'll leave you to your propaganda thread. I was simply making a point on how you insist on using hyperbole. Yet another vain attempt to link your absurd Hitler narrative to Trump. Just disgraceful and disrespectful for you to use the death of millions as one of your shameless leftist political props.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'll leave you to your propaganda thread. I was simply making a point on how you insist on using hyperbole. Yet another vain attempt to link your absurd Hitler narrative to Trump. Just disgraceful and disrespectful for you to use the death of millions as one of your shameless leftist political props.
I used no hyperbole. In fact my voice is silent in the OP. I linked to three separate articles from three different news sources. Exaggeration was unneccessary.

Reactions: ActionBuddy

canuck_pa

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Every time anything negative is reported about Trump the usual posters come out from under their rocks and scream "fake news". All very convenient but it gets old fast. With so much negativity surrounding Trump and his administration a rational person has to know some if it has to be true. Even some well respected Republications are questioning Trump.

Reactions: nickinoo

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
“I think that we've gotten to a place, John, where the media is willing to run with unnamed sources, apparently false leaked documents,” the chief of staff said. “We deal with one after the next. I think the media should stop with this unnamed-source stuff. Put names on a piece of paper and print it. If people aren't willing to put their name next to a quote, then the quote shouldn't be listed, period,” said Reince Priebus.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ebus-says-he-meant-it/?utm_term=.a6b3f8b114ff
The media has always used unnamed sources. Journalists protecting their sources is a long standing tradition in the USA. Why does Mr Trump need "special" rules?

Mercurygirl

Superior Member
Media
Really? I know you're a fan of using a youtube clip of a single person to represent a group, so here you go:

So what part of the Topic is fake?

What's fake is how you're inflating a non story and implying Trump sanctioned it all.

Btw, that clip isn't helping your argument. That one guy clearly has no idea what he's even saying, he even says, "I don't know if I said it right?", and is being language coached and encouraged into saying it.

Seriously, where's the fucking story? What, two guys at a rally talking shit equates to Trump being Hitler? Whaaa??? You're really reaching here. I suppose I shouldn't be at all surprised considering you liberals are in the midst of a complete public mental breakdown.

Anyway, sorry to cut this short but I'm due back on the planet Earth. Enjoy your mass hysteria and try to avoid running into traffic or falling down a well chasing after your phantom Trump Nazis.

One more thing, curious, why are you liberals so violent and fear free speech?

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What's fake is how you're inflating a non story and implying Trump sanctioned it all.

Btw, that clip isn't helping your argument. That one guy clearly has no idea what he's even saying, he even says, "I don't know if I said it right?", and is being language coached and encouraged into saying it.

Seriously, where's the fucking story? What, two guys at a rally talking shit equates to Trump being Hitler? Whaaa??? You're really reaching here. I suppose I shouldn't be at all surprised considering you liberal are in the midst of a complete public mental breakdown.

Anyway, sorry to cut this short but I'm due back on the planet Earth. Enjoy your mass hysteria and try to avoid running into traffic or falling down a well chasing after your phantom Trump Nazis.

One more thing, curious, why are you liberals so violent and fear free speech?
It's painfully clear that you didn't read the three articles from the OP. If you did you might have something salient to say. I won't hold my breath.