L-Arginine and Herpes

bi69male

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
OK... Gonna post something that will probably result in my receiving great ridicule, but it needs to be said.....

If you have herpes, limit your intake of L-Arginine to 1500 mg per day or less. Mega dosing of it can cause an outbreak.

I know this from personal experience.... I contracted the herp from my ex-wife (nice way to find out she is fucking around, huh?:mad:). Haven't had an outbreak in over 5 years. Started mega-dosing on L-Arginine to try to generate "drowner" cum shots. After about a week, started getting that itch..... next day, full blown outbreak.

I know that herpes is another tabboo, and there probably isn't another guy on here that will admit to having it, but in the US, statistics say that 1 in 10 has it. If you do, (and I don't expect anyone else to admit to it here, it's your business) then use L-Arginine carefully.

On a side note, I make sure that: A) I am honest with folks. I let them know up front that I have the herp and then let them decide if they still want to "play" with me... so far, only been turned down once and people seem to appreciate my honesty, and B) I never, EVER play unprotected. I could never do to another person what my ex did to me....

So for you haters out there, go ahead and take your best shot... not gonna bother me.... for the rest of you, just wanted to give you the heads up.....

Bogatyr

Just Browsing
Media
No...you're dead on. No need to apologize. L-arginine is a definite no-no if you're dealing with a herpes outbreak. On the flip side, L-lysine is great to supplement with in this case as well.

javyn

Experimental Member
Media
You can in fact take L-Arginine, but just make sure your L-lysine intake is higher as to counter it.