Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hi everybody,
So, I'm pretty sure I have read people talking about L-Arginine but for some reason I just can't find that thread. Thus, I decided to make my own and ask y'all about this product. I know it's good for muscle building, protein synthesis, and production of nitric oxide which is good for blood flow, especially down south :) but my question is, how many milligrams is it safe to take? I went to Whole Foods today and I saw a bottle of 1000mg and 750mg which I think is wayyyyy to much! and what other side effects if any are you presenting while taking it?
thanks!

farmdog

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I read that in order for the L-Arginine to be effective, you need to take 3500 mg a day. I take that every other day, and have had no ill affects. I do notice that I have a more tumescent dick as a result. It is also effective per clinical trials I have read in the treatment of peripheral neuropathy, at the dose I just mentioned. I have been taking it for nearly 2 years with no side effects. I get mine at Walmart where it is sold very cheaply and comes in 500 mg capsules. I take 7 at a time, generally in the evening, along with 120 mg zinc.
Good luck. I am not a physician. .

Reactions: Cool_guy_99

JockVamp

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I take two 1000mg tablets a day once every 12 hours more or less, seems to work pretty good for me overall. I don't have much of a semi hard-on 24/7 as has been heard but at age 50 it does definately help me get harder longer again.

Cool_guy_99

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I read that in order for the L-Arginine to be effective, you need to take 3500 mg a day. I take that every other day, and have had no ill affects. I do notice that I have a more tumescent dick as a result. It is also effective per clinical trials I have read in the treatment of peripheral neuropathy, at the dose I just mentioned. I have been taking it for nearly 2 years with no side effects. I get mine at Walmart where it is sold very cheaply and comes in 500 mg capsules. I take 7 at a time, generally in the evening, along with 120 mg zinc.
thanks man! 3500mg/day! wow! that's a crazy huge dosage. but thanks for your input bud

Cool_guy_99

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I take two 1000mg tablets a day once every 12 hours more or less, seems to work pretty good for me overall. I don't have much of a semi hard-on 24/7 as has been heard but at age 50 it does definately help me get harder longer again.
Good! yes, I was thinking about getting the 1000mg. I have been hitting the gym more frequent so I know I need an additional supplement such as this one. I think i'm just going to start with 1 tab/day and then i'll increase it to twice per day.

Reactions: JockVamp

JockVamp

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
F W I W: I take Amazing Formula brand, one 1000mg, every 12 hours, 120 tablets. So basically a 60 day supply. I get it from Amazon. There are a lot of dosages and amounts out there so I'm sure there a lot of ways to take this. Good luck with it and let me know how you do. :)

Cool_guy_99

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
F W I W: I take Amazing Formula brand, one 1000mg, every 12 hours, 120 tablets. So basically a 60 day supply. I get it from Amazon. There are a lot of dosages and amounts out there so I'm sure there a lot of ways to take this. Good luck with it and let me know how you do. :)
will do man! :)

Reactions: JockVamp

XL_Lingam

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I started taking L-Arginine, along with Vitamin E, several years ago to counteract the sexual side effects of an SSRI. I'm no longer on the SSRI but I still take 1600mg of L-Arginine. Although after reading this thread I may try upping the dosage. It does seem to help, and I've had no side effects.

bigbucky

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
at one time, I took 3000 mg daily for about 2 weeks. I got sores in my mouth, and diarrhea. so I quit for awhile and take just 1000mg daily now. no problems.

circedbychoice

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It might be of interest for some of you to google L Arginine and read the side effects. Upon reading them L Arginine is not recommended for me to use because of the blood pressure medication I use. It could be very dangerous for me to use it. Check it out.

Heat

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
1000mg is only a gram

start off on a low dose like 1000mg then up it if it doesn't work - no need to go in high and waste money if you'll get results off a lower dose

I use 3000mg 30mins before training

Once you start, your body will let you know what's good for it. And don't forget that a lot of supplements are pissed out, so start with a low dosage and see how your body reacts. 100 mg may be perfect for you. Zinc and Vitamin E are also great, as is Worm Seed.

Reactions: drambone2001

muscleman1965

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
what brand do you order off amazon?

muscleman1965

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
How long have you been taken 3500m? How long before you noticed it working?

farmdog

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How long have you been taken 3500m? How long before you noticed it working?
I've been taking it for more than 3 years. It started working almost immediately. If I do happen to miss a few days or a week even, I notice that I lose the chub to my dick, and erections are not as strong.

Reactions: Summershorts

Be sure to look into L-Citrulline. It's processed by your body differently, stays in your system longer and is converted by your kidneys into L-arginine.

After 1-2 weeks of taking 2250 mg every morning (3x750mg caps in my case), erection quality is through the roof, and my flaccid length is about double what it normally is (because of increased blood circulation it's just 'fuller' all the time). If I take it in the evening, I basically knock my alarm clock straight through the wall with the ensuing morning wood. (no but seriously, you get HARD.)

L-Citrulline is primarily found in watermelon (it's what citrulline means in Latin). I have noticed no side effects and I've read about people taking far greater dosages, but as always, gently build up the dosage. Everybody's different.

My girlfriend, who didn't know I was taking it, mentioned multiple times during sex that i felt "really big".

Look it up!

drambone2001

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Be sure to look into L-Citrulline. It's processed by your body differently, stays in your system longer and is converted by your kidneys into L-arginine.

After 1-2 weeks of taking 2250 mg every morning (3x750mg caps in my case), erection quality is through the roof, and my flaccid length is about double what it normally is (because of increased blood circulation it's just 'fuller' all the time). If I take it in the evening, I basically knock my alarm clock straight through the wall with the ensuing morning wood. (no but seriously, you get HARD.)

L-Citrulline is primarily found in watermelon (it's what citrulline means in Latin). I have noticed no side effects and I've read about people taking far greater dosages, but as always, gently build up the dosage. Everybody's different.

My girlfriend, who didn't know I was taking it, mentioned multiple times during sex that i felt "really big".

Look it up!
Great commentary from your girlfriend! Thanks for the post.