Lab Rat for Hire, Would You Be One?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Principessa, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Principessa

Gold Member

Would you be a lab rat for hire?

By Joy Johnston | Monday, December 15, 2008, 06:23 AM

Desperate times call for desperate measures, at least for some people looking to pay their bills. A recent CNN article discussed unique, yet legal ways to earn a living. One is by being a professional lab rat, that is, to participate in medical studies. One gentleman who writes a blog about his experience states he earns a modest annual income by volunteering for medical studies. The potential drawbacks are that not everyone can qualify to be a medical study participant, and of course, the impact it can have on your health, especially for those studies involving medication.

Another way that people are earning money is by selling their hair. Unlike the sell of internal body parts, this is perfectly legal and at least hair grows back. People buy hair to make everything from wigs to art. While most tresses garner in the range of a few to several hundred dollars, those with exceptionally long and beautiful locks can potentially earn a thousand or more dollars. But you may be out of luck if you process your hair by coloring or perming, as the healthiest hair possible is what is most sought after.

So would you be a lab rat in order to pay the bills? What about cutting off your hair? Have you come up with any creative and legal ways to earn money in these tough economic times?

2. SpoLLe

Gold Member

My cousins fiance can get $6,000 for her hair but she is too attached to it to cut it off. If it were me it would be gone once someone told me that.

3. Penis Aficionado

Gold Member

I went to college with the movie director Robert Rodriguez, and he earned the money to make his first film as a lab rat.

4. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    I wouldn't be a lab rat. In university I sold my blood to make ends meet.

5. whatireallywant

Gold Member

I've thought about doing this (I need the money!) but you have to go off ALL medicines for some time beforehand, including over the counter allergy medicine that I need to take or my nose will be stuffy and I'll have a splitting headache.

So we'll see... I may have to risk that anyway, but right now I have jobs (yes, two of them) although they don't pay much.

I can't sell my blood or plasma. My veins are too small and they won't even try to do that with me.

6. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have a friend that's a writer. He makes mst of his money doing clinical trials and tests. He seems to like it. I won't comment any further, :D

Draft saved Draft deleted