Labels

Discussion in 'Fictitious Stories' started by 420funny69, Sep 7, 2010.

1. 420funny69

420funny69 Member

I know that someone had a thread about creating different sections for straight and gay stories that I think was shot down.

Is it possible to require people to put labels in the titles of what to expect in the story? Possibly have a Mod or a volounteer go and label the existing stories?

It would make it much easier when deciding which stories I want to click on, and which I want to avoid.

2. floopypoo22

floopypoo22 Active Member

It was I who made the suggestion to separate straight/gay stories , and it should be noted that more people voted yes than no. I was eventually convinced, however, that maybe it wasn't the best idea, but I still agree wholeheartedly that there should be required labels (as is done with pretty much every other worthwhile website that hosts user stories). This was suggested by more than a few in the original post as well, but the moderators have seemingly decided to ignore this (which, if you ask me, is unquestionably detrimental to the user experience). Maybe it was too much of a technical challenge?

If there were labels, the convenience factor would go up immeasurably for myself, as all I would have to do is check to see if a story has my required labels of m/f, sci-fi/fantasy, and mpg (male penis growth specifically, which I've seen called "pe" and "gr" elsewhere), and none of the stuff that does nothing for me like m/m, tg, viol, rape, snuff, fetish, and bdsm.

#2 floopypoo22, Sep 7, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  3. MrDuuude69

MrDuuude69 Member

Albums:
    Labels would be great!

4. Narcisse

Narcisse Member

5. Elro

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    labels would be SO useful !

6. wej20

wej20 Member

I'm all for it

7. jjsuperbird

jjsuperbird Member

I have posted both gay and straight fiction on this site. I enjoy writing erotic fiction and I welcome feedback from fellow LPSG members.

I vote in support of creating gay and straight fiction sections just like we have gay and straight adult sections.

At the very least we writers should try to label our stories for readers. I will try to do so in the future.

Cheers
    JJ

8. B_RedDude

B_RedDude New Member

If you want to "avoid" gay stuff, maybe you shouldn't be on this site at all.

Some writers already include "M/M" in the thread title if it's a gay story, but, really, please take your very thinly veiled heterosexism somewhere else.

#8 B_RedDude, Sep 9, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  9. B_RedDude

B_RedDude New Member

Then shouldn't we have a separate forum for bisexual stories, too?

10. hairyversmuscle

hairyversmuscle Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Thats just what we need in life, more labels and segregate out those gay stories! (If you can't tell, that was supposed to be sarcastic!) I think it is fine having all the stories together I enjoy reading both and maybe both sides might learn something from the other. This is a site about dick and how to best honour and worship it and everyone can do that!

11. floopypoo22

floopypoo22 Active Member

I'm sorry, this anti-labeling sentiment is retarded. I don't read these stories to learn something, I read them to get off, and gay stories don't do that for me. Anyone who does enjoy reading gay stories is either gay or bi (or gay/bi-curious), and I'm pretty sure there's not even a single straight person reading gay stories in an attempt to learn anything (other than to discover that they really are gay or bi, thus again proving the validity of this sentence). I could see how straight people might gain insight from reading posts by bi and gay men in other areas of this website, but not in fictitious stories.

Also we are not calling for segregation, just mandatory labeling. If you like reading stories targeted at both persuasions, then maybe labels will just give you a better idea of what to expect before you start reading, what's wrong with that? More information is always good, why resist?

12. yoyocherrypop

yoyocherrypop New Member

I agree with the guy above me: Its retarded. I don't think it was to create segregation. I am all for the labels. I am gay and sometimes enjoy a straight story, they entertain me. But I ralso use them to get off as well and its kinda hard when I walk into a straight story ,it just doesnt work for me. So you have a vote from me.

Draft saved Draft deleted