LADIES (and gentlemen too) what guy/girl do you desire?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Joseph, Oct 13, 2011.

?

What kind of partner would you like to have?

1. I'm female and I want a partner who's my complete opposite

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. I'm female and I want a partner who's pretty much like me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'm female and I don't have any specific preferences

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'm male and I want a partner who's my complete opposite

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  5. I'm male and I want a partner who's pretty much like me

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  6. I'm male and I don't have any specific preferences

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. Joseph

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I thought if I put this into Women's issues it'd get little responses and I was curious about how guys approach this subject, hence the 2 gender version.

There's 2 school of thought.
    1) My partner should be my complete opposite, one of us is gentle and the other one is dominant.
    2) I want my partner to be quite like me.

I was curious about what which gender prefers, cause a friend of mine said that women prefer guys who are like them... which for me would be very nice, but I thought I'd ask to see how much this is grounded in truth.

I'm quite feminine, so I was hoping I could have an easier time hooking up...

2. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

I hate to burst your bubble but I doubt very much there is a male / female measureable stat on 'opposites attract' (or don't). Different people like different things - sometimes people don't even know what they want til they find it. Sometimes people will tell you they are looking for a person with x, y and z qualities and then you find they live happily ever after with someone who doesn't fit the pattern at all.

Generally, I have found that 'having a type', either physical or personality wise, is counter productive and/or pointless.

3. Joseph

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Oh...... well, Touché, guess you do have a point there.... but I already made the poll, so what the heck! I'm still curious about the results

4. V12hcmf

V12hcmf New Member

Not me... I'm enigmatic, aloof, internally narcissistic, dominant and mildly conceited; I got a reason... haha, I certainly don't want any woman like that. I prefer a woman that's my personality opp, but she HAS TO BE; Trustworthy, honest, and respectful; as am I. Only one of us will be dominant, there can never be 2 dom's or else it's a constant power/respect struggle... I treat women by the golden rule; I give what I expect to get; trust, honestly and respect... hard to find that in a very attractive, curvy city woman...
    Girls that are really nice and kind and sweet, they tend to be too emotionally sensitive for my sharp edged commentary (mostly satirical) and wit... I'm not an asshole, but I sure can come off as one on the surface.

But with women, like the wind, very unpredictable... I advise caution. Women these days ain't Donna Reed... More like Ms. Don Juans out there playin suckers for dates and dinners... NOT ME. :tongue:

5. B_Nia88

B_Nia88 New Member

I want to the opposite of me. I want my partner to be strong, dominant, macho,

6. phndoc

phndoc Member

If, I wanted someone like me.....I would live alone.

7. Joseph

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Again Touché .... Somehow I see sense in that statement

8. eddyphobia

eddyphobia New Member

I would prefer someone who complement my traits rather than being totally different.

For instance, I am very impulsive and spontaneous in certain situations and my partner's the one who is calmer and more calculated. He keeps me levelheaded and that's what I like about him. :smile:

Draft saved Draft deleted