LADIES (and gentlemen too) what guy/girl do you desire?

What kind of partner would you like to have?

• I'm female and I want a partner who's my complete opposite

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I'm female and I want a partner who's pretty much like me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm female and I don't have any specific preferences

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm male and I want a partner who's my complete opposite

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • I'm male and I want a partner who's pretty much like me

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • I'm male and I don't have any specific preferences

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

Joseph

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I thought if I put this into Women's issues it'd get little responses and I was curious about how guys approach this subject, hence the 2 gender version.

There's 2 school of thought.
1) My partner should be my complete opposite, one of us is gentle and the other one is dominant.
2) I want my partner to be quite like me.

I was curious about what which gender prefers, cause a friend of mine said that women prefer guys who are like them... which for me would be very nice, but I thought I'd ask to see how much this is grounded in truth.

I'm quite feminine, so I was hoping I could have an easier time hooking up...

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I hate to burst your bubble but I doubt very much there is a male / female measureable stat on 'opposites attract' (or don't). Different people like different things - sometimes people don't even know what they want til they find it. Sometimes people will tell you they are looking for a person with x, y and z qualities and then you find they live happily ever after with someone who doesn't fit the pattern at all.

Generally, I have found that 'having a type', either physical or personality wise, is counter productive and/or pointless.

Joseph

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Oh...... well, Touché, guess you do have a point there.... but I already made the poll, so what the heck! I'm still curious about the results

V12hcmf

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not me... I'm enigmatic, aloof, internally narcissistic, dominant and mildly conceited; I got a reason... haha, I certainly don't want any woman like that. I prefer a woman that's my personality opp, but she HAS TO BE; Trustworthy, honest, and respectful; as am I. Only one of us will be dominant, there can never be 2 dom's or else it's a constant power/respect struggle... I treat women by the golden rule; I give what I expect to get; trust, honestly and respect... hard to find that in a very attractive, curvy city woman...
Girls that are really nice and kind and sweet, they tend to be too emotionally sensitive for my sharp edged commentary (mostly satirical) and wit... I'm not an asshole, but I sure can come off as one on the surface.

But with women, like the wind, very unpredictable... I advise caution. Women these days ain't Donna Reed... More like Ms. Don Juans out there playin suckers for dates and dinners... NOT ME. :tongue:

D

deleted627832

If, I wanted someone like me.....I would live alone.

eddyphobia

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I would prefer someone who complement my traits rather than being totally different.

For instance, I am very impulsive and spontaneous in certain situations and my partner's the one who is calmer and more calculated. He keeps me levelheaded and that's what I like about him. :smile: