Ladies, are you romantic?

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
An old female friend told me last night that she didn't think that women were romantic, but liked to be romanced or rather as she said, spoiled.

Do you agree?

Are you as romantic ten years down the road as duirng the first few years?

I think she has a point which I find a bit sad.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
An old female friend told me last night that she didn't think that women were romantic, but liked to be romanced or rather as she said, spoiled.

Do you agree?

Yeah, that's right Drifter - let's assume that all women behave in exactly the same way and that they just don't put the effort in and the marriage and long term relationship are pointless.

:rolleyes:

Seriously, my friend - change the fucking record.

And what do you mean by romantic anyway? Taking him out for a candle-lit dinner or sucking his cock? Or sucking his cock over dinner? (Mind the candles!! :eek::biggrin1:) Each couple has their own definition of romance, or their own practise of it, if you'd rather.

Anecdote is kind of pointless but I'll give you one anyway: my grandmother used to leave my granddad's favourite sweets semi-hidden in random places in his greenhouse because he liked a sweet while he was gardening but would never bring them out with him. That was about 50 years into the relationship. I think that's romantic.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
romance is the fancy icing that gets thrown over the top of a relationship cake. often grand gestures are there to disguise the ugly maggots beneath. i'd much prefer a guy to work on the things that matter.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
^ what would be the things that matter to you?
the every day consideration to each other's feelings. doing things to make the other's life easier and happier. basic good manners.

how many times have you seen couples who have stopped saying please and thank you to each other? far too often, in my experience, people often give less respect and courtesy to partners than they do to complete strangers.

feeling appreciated and respected is, imo, extremely important for a partner's emotional well being.

Ramsey

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
feeling appreciated and respected is, imo, extremely important for a partner's emotional well being.

+999,999
When I broke up with my girlfriend recently, this was one of the issues I had. Felt completely taken for granted and unappreciated. I'd mow her lawn, do her dishes, give her plenty of backrubs/massages and rarely got a thank you, let alone a truly genuine one that made me feel good and appreciated and respected.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
+999,999
When I broke up with my girlfriend recently, this was one of the issues I had. Felt completely taken for granted and unappreciated. I'd mow her lawn, do her dishes, give her plenty of backrubs/massages and rarely got a thank you, let alone a truly genuine one that made me feel good and appreciated and respected.
it's slow soul poison.

even if it's his allocated task to take the trash out, a smile and a thank you take no effort. even if it was her turn to cook, a kiss on the cheek and a word of appreciation cost nothing.

expensive jewelry is, in comparison, plain cheap.

Last edited:

Ramsey

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I always said thank you even when it's something that is "expected". I always try and show my love and appreciation but somehow seem to keep attracting women who don't appreciate it and take it for granted/advantage of it. So the common denominator must be me. Trying to figure out what the heck I'm doing wrong.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
watch for the early warnings. it's easy to ignore red flags when excited by fresh romance. it's not petty to end a relationship two weeks in if you start to notice things that will likely escalate.

for me, a guy who doesn't thank the waitress will never get second date. i see the chances of that ill mannered sense of entitlement becoming an issue and end it right there.

SprinkleMe69

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response

Do you agree?

Well let your friend speak only for herself as I will speak only for myself. I've always been romantic toward my guys. I have no problem buying a man flowers or writing a personal poem for him. I will always be romantic. :smile:

Solvejg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well let your friend speak only for herself as I will speak only for myself. I've always been romantic toward my guys. I have no problem buying a man flowers or writing a personal poem for him. I will always be romantic. :smile:

I am like this also. Most people tell me to stop and i am not allowed to be but my current guy likes it so i written notes to him and sent him a chocolate heart when he was sick to show how much i miss him and care for him even if i couldn't be there. I have something small planned for our 6 month anniversary in a few weeks just to let him know how much i appreciate him. :tongue:

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
At the risk of being stabbed to death with a typographic seriph :)eek:), let me say that I disagree with the opening post.

Women are just romantic as men, which means to say that it's completely hit and miss.

Ramsey

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am like this also. Most people tell me to stop and i am not allowed to be but my current guy likes it so i written notes to him and sent him a chocolate heart when he was sick to show how much i miss him and care for him even if i couldn't be there. I have something small planned for our 6 month anniversary in a few weeks just to let him know how much i appreciate him. :tongue:

Too bad so many people get mismatched because I love ladies like you, just haven't met any yet.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
At the risk of being stabbed to death with a typographic seriph :)eek:), let me say that I disagree with the opening post.

:swordfight:

Women are just as romantic as men, which means to say that it's completely hit and miss.

I think she was saying that she felt that women had become less romantic. Maybe men have also.

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like to think I am. My guy loves candles...so I lite tons of them for him. I love to dress for sex and do it for myself but I know that he likes that as well.

Back when I was married, I made sack lunches for my husband to take to work and I would include little notes telling him how much I loved him along with some kind of little homemade goody...cookies or cupcakes.

Scented sheets, body rub, massage...sometimes, I leave notes on his car at work. On Valentines Day, I put window cling kisses all over his car...

Reactions: octopod