Ladies, Ever Have Leg Pain After Being in Stirrups?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Have any of you ever had muscle soreness after a gynecological exam or procedure because of the placement of the stirrups being wrong for you?

I have long legs. I'm only 5'8"; but I have a 34" inseam which means half my body is literally legs. Occassionally this is an issue when I have a gynecological exam. I have learned that as soon as I put on that paper robe. I have to fully extend the stirrups otherwise I risk major leg cramping or even a charlie horse. :irked:

As y'all know I had a second hysteroscopic myomectomy last Tuesday. After surgery I was shocked and annoyed to find I was in pain. LOTS of PAIN! Not just on the inside where they had scraped away the fibroid fragments that had been lodged in my uterus but my upper inner thighs were incredibly sore as well. Took me a few minutes then I realized why my legs hurt. Today, a new leg pain in my right calf appeared. Grrrrr. I hate to be a nudge but I am gonna mention this at my post-op appointment with my surgeon. They need to know that when they don't consider patient leg length and adjust the stirrups accordingly, they hamper the healing process.

The pain in my legs has been so intense I have really not been able to walk much, even within our small house. Sitting down hurts because of being propped open for 3 hours with a speculum. :mad: I expected that though. I did not expect to feel like I had ridden a horse for 3 hours and then been trampled by it. :irked:

Last edited:

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

Account Disabled
Media
When you first mentioned stirrups... Yeah... Well I'm glad you mentioned horseback riding even once. Ouch that sucks really bad though! The "nowhere is comfortable" world. I've never had leg pain from an exam but then again they're nowhere near as long as what you went through.

My first exam, I remember putting my feet up and thinking "this isn't so bad" and then they had me scooch my arse closer to the edge of the table, bending my legs more, and they didn't lengthen the stirrups. First time though, and I was expecting great discomfort.

Smartalk

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It sounds like you have developed a Sacro-Iliac problem due to the stirrups not being ajusted properly. I would suggest that you visit a chiropractor, s/he will be able to sort it out fairly quickly

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
never used them.
in the uk, unless it's something major, they just have you rest your feet together & drop your knees apart.
easy & comfy & WAY less scary.

...your poor, poor parts!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Is the fact that this woman has long legs a woman's issue?
Go away kid you bother me.:mad: Besides which you are not a lady, and should therefore not even have thought of answering this question. :rolleyes: :duh: It's posts like yours that piss women off and make some want to ban men from posting in this forum at all. :irked.

never used them.
in the uk, unless it's something major, they just have you rest your feet together & drop your knees apart.
easy & comfy & WAY less scary.

...your poor, poor parts!
Okay, are you lying flat on your back or is your torso on an up incline? I'm a tad bit puzzled as to how your feet don't get in the way when they go to do a pap smear? :confused:

When I was in grad school I went for my annual pap at the George Washington University Hospital and they were trying out a new product in the OB/GYN area. The doctors and residents (all men) were so excited! :rolleyes: It looked like a blue vinyl, coated birthing chair, but to do the exam it had a mechanism which made it raise up, and then tilt your torso back so that your vaginal area was at the doctors eye level as he sat on a stool in front of you. Your legs were supported and splayed apart. However, and this is the part that made me dizzy and which I complained about This 'exam chair' had a separation so that from the waist down it lowered. Thereby putting my head and torso at an angle below my butt! :eek: Aside from being uncomfortable and making me dizzy it also made me feel oddly vulnerable.:frown1:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
laying flat.
and here the doc/nurse has to get off their arse and move!
lol
they just kinda work around your position, rather than trussing you up for display.
that's for routine paps etc. obviously they'd need to do the medical bondage thing for some things.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
laying flat.
and here the doc/nurse has to get off their arse and move!
lol
they just kinda work around your position, rather than trussing you up for display.
that's for routine paps etc. obviously they'd need to do the medical bondage thing for some things.
:eek:mfg: They don't sit on a little rolling stool, so that their eyes are level with your va-jay-jay? They actually get up and move about? :confused: What a bizarre concept. :eek:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:eek:mfg: They don't sit on a little rolling stool, so that their eyes are level with your va-jay-jay? They actually get up and move about? :confused: What a bizarre concept. :eek:
i know. it's freaky.
it's as though they actually want me to feel comfortable!

lickme69

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nope. Never had this problem. I am 5'8" and get regular checkups with stirrups. I have no pain afterwards except for minor spotting and the feeling of being violated!!! I do however get leg cramps frequently. My doctor suspected lack of potassium, but a quick blood test ruled that out. We tried calcium supplements and it cleared it right up.