Ladies, hair on men or not?

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
I just read on msn.com, 82% of women want their men clean shaven or with stubble. 90% of women want their men totally hair free i.e. face, chest, back, abs and pubes. Is this what ya'll really like? Most girls tell me they like their men with some facial hair, beards are good but not gnome beards. They also say they love hairy chests too.

What do you say?

I have a hairy chest and a short beard and mustache.

Tell the truth

paigexox

Sexy Member
Media
Hair is cool with me so long as he doesn't look like he has superglued raccoon pelts all over his body. In other words: do not look like a mountain man who has been wandering the woods for eight years (or Zangief, if you play Street Fighter). :biggrin1:

Man hair > metrosexual

Edit: Shaven all over is alright with me too, it just has to suit the man sporting the look.

Last edited:

mistabobdobalina

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I just read on msn.com, 82% of women want their men clean shaven or with stubble. 90% of women want their men totally hair free i.e. face, chest, back, abs and pubes.

Just read this on msn.com, did you?

Because I swung by there and couldn't find any such article. Instead I found some blog posts about the hidden benefits of beards and such.

_yayme

Experimental Member
Media
Hair is cool with me so long as he doesn't look like he has superglued raccoon pelts all over his body. In other words: do not look like a mountain man who has been wandering the woods for eight years (or Zangief, if you play Street Fighter). :biggrin1:

Man hair > metrosexual

Edit: Shaven all over is alright with me too, it just has to suit the man sporting the look.

What I always assumed that ladies always love the way steroided mow hawk rocking video game character looked

mistabobdobalina

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Rather I should have said "saw on msn.com".

Here is the link to the video:

What do women want? - Bing Videos

It was featured on my msn homepage but it is a bing thing.

The video lists the sources for the numbers it gives in tiny-ass print.

The "92% of women prefer their men clean shaven" is listed as coming from Esquire magazine. Yet that same magazine has articles up that say that women prefer light stubble to clean shaven (Women Prefer Stubble - Best Facial Hair to Attact Women - Esquire)

That study comes from here (The Shave She Thinks Is Sexiest | Men's Health News) which mentions it's based on a study from "Northumbria university". Digging around finds some more details about that study here (Women prefer men with stubble for love, sex and marriage - Telegraph) and some useful context.

"Faces with full beards were judged to be the most masculine, aggressive, and socially mature. They were also thought to look five years older.

They were rated the least attractive and the worse choice for a short-term relationship. Men with light beards were considered the most dominant. Those with light stubble were rated the most attractive and as the ideal romantic partner for the short or long term. Clean-shaven men finished bottom for masculinity, dominance, aggression, and social maturity, and were the least favoured choice as a long-term partner. They came second-to-last for attractiveness."

That last bolded part is the really important bit because somehow Esquire took a study which says that women think that on the basis of looks, are least likely to be interested in a clean shaven man, and turn around and say 92% of men prefer their men clean shaven.

*cough* *bullshit* *cough* THey combined the clean shaven result with the stubble result, but it's clear that clean shaven ranks at the bottom in near every category.

It's also important to note the distinction between full beard (let's call this desert nomad / biker style) and a light beard (what any respectable guy wears which is a nice, neatly groomed display of facial hair). There are two types of beard in that study, one of which fares poorly for questions about short/long term relationships (but still better than clean shaven), but one other beard style which rates much higher.

But anyways, if you want to treat this study as gospel, and are interested in blindly maximizing your dating opportunities rather than wearing what you think looks & feels best on you, then go for stubble, not clean shaven.

The figures about % of women who prefer a hairless chest comes from a University in Slovakia. There's some more details about that study here (Why Women Don't Fall for Hairy Guys Remains a Scientific Mystery | LiveScience), but the important bit comes at the end:

"Earlier studies suggested women's hair preferences do differ by country and even U.S. state, with women in the African nation of Cameroon, for example, preferring hairier guys, while women in China, New Zealand and California went for a bare look. "

Which is to say, these preferences are tied to local culture, and unless you're planning to date women in Slovakia, if you want to maximize your dating opportunities you should find out what the local preference is rather than somewhere across the Ocean.

You may ask yourself why I took so much time to refute this stupid Bing video, and to that, all I can say is this:

http://xkcd.com/386/

Man hair > metrosexual

Hey, Zangief's hair looks manly as hell! Oh wait I'm straight lol. I guess I can make an exception for Zangief.

mistabobdobalina

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I love guys that are totally shaved/waxed. Smooth chest and no pubes is a must.

You exclusively date men who are over 45, but they have to shave their chests?

Doesn't that look wierd on men that age?

I can certainly get that some women prefer a hairless look on younger guys, but on more mature men too? To me that would be the body-hair equivalent of a comb-over...

B_KnotTBrooke

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
You exclusively date men who are over 45, but they have to shave their chests?

Doesn't that look wierd on men that age?

I can certainly get that some women prefer a hairless look on younger guys, but on more mature men too? To me that would be the body-hair equivalent of a comb-over...

Well my current guy is 56 and totally waxed and looks hot as hell. He is tan, heavily tattooed (high quality, not jailhouse), pierced nipples, Prince Albert, cut cock, and all kinds of hotness.

I think every guy looks better shaved.

Thundergasm

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well....I shave everything. An old GF got me started. She loves completely smooth everything and after I did it a few times I had to agree with her. My current GF also loves the smooth look. I did stop for a while to let her see what I looked like when not shaved. Wasn't long before she strongly hinted I go back to shaving.

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I like hairy motherf$#@s...man fur is hot. Obviously there is a grooming required, most people (men and women) I think appreciate shaved balls as they're going in your mouth. Hairy backs are not cool, but other than that I like lots of lots of hair. Guys who are shaved and waxed look like mannequens to me. If a guy happens to lack hair in certain areas thats fine too but just dont shave it off. It gets all prickely and rashy. In general I prefer NATURAL. As far as facial hair it really depends on the guy, how it looks with his face and how annoying it is to my skin, but the mountain man can be hot too.

Ron Wilson

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, I'm naturally still completely hairless. And i love it. At one point I wanted hair but currently, I dread it. Part of it is because fitness is my passion and it's rewarding to see my hard work. I couldn't sporting a sweater vest.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Well, I'm naturally still completely hairless. And i love it. At one point I wanted hair but currently, I dread it. Part of it is because fitness is my passion and it's rewarding to see my hard work. I couldn't sporting a sweater vest.

How old are you? If you're in your 20's and you don't have a lot of body hair, you're probably not going to sprout any (there are exceptions as always)

I don't like beards or mustaches very much. Especially mustaches. Goatee type things are ok, depending on the guy. Some hair on the body is fine, but I'm not a huge fan of back hair, and if you look like a wookie... Eurgh. As for down below, some pubic hair is perfectly ok, so long as it's not a freaking jungle and is kept clean. As someone with an oral fixation, I am appreciative if guys keep the shaft and balls hair free.