Ladies, how big are your.. hands.

D_Crystallized Ginger

Sexy Member
Media
I measured as the OP suggested. I placed the ruler on top of the roundish bone on the TOP of my wrist and stretched it to the tip of my middle finger. Again on the top of my hand, not the underside as shown in the photo above.

well if you not measure the underside you won't get a reliable result... what point do you use to decide where the finger starts ??

Last edited:

ArtofDesire

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Okay, I just measured the underside using a metal tape measure and get 7.5" length from the tip of my middle finger to the joint where the wrist bends.

As to the middle finger measuring on the underside my hand from the tip of the finger to the webbing of skin between fingers I get 3.375 length. Measuring the length of the finger from the top of the knuckle (on the top of the hand) when the finger bends to the end of the finger I get 4" length so obviously it depends on how one measures.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
no alteredgo it was intended to show the underside of palm, I dont include my wrist... do you measure on the palm too?
The photo shows the ruler overlapping to the wrist. I measure from the indentation in the center of the distal row, the bones just inferior to the radius and ulna. I know you sometimes have trouble with understanding English, so please let me know if that's not clear. Just to be sure, in this context, when speaking of anatomy, "inferior" means below, when the body is prone (lying face down) or supine (lying face up). I am not trying to be condescending. I'm trying to be really clear. Please let me know if I'm failing. :biggrin1:

And I use a vinyl tape measure.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Last edited:

drabman

Expert Member
Media
Ms. Altered, don't ya know that women can't measure, don't really know their own orgasm and that we all lie just to make men feel better?

i think the horrible measurement reporting has something to do with the female inability to read maps.

:tongue1::rolleyes::smile:

I think I can understand how annoying it must be for women to be demeaned by sexist assumptions like this. However as far as the specific issue of penis size is concerned (which I assume is at the heart of a lot of the comments you're alluding to) I can kind of understand why many of us men do a double take at some of the claims we read from female members. I can't be the only one who is totally perplexed at the sheer number of women here, on the web and occasionally in real life, who claim to have slept with 8+ long and 6+ thick penises and so on, when every reputable survey ever conducted suggests that these kinds of sizes are very rare - let alone freakishly big sizes like 10" x7. Often I read such things as "oh,my husband/boyfriend is ONLY" 7", my last two boyfriends were 8" and 9" ".

The chances of the average woman experiencing this combination of partners is extremely small. I accept that SOME women will genuinely have come across this combination of partners, but SOME women will win thousands of pounds on the lottery - I'm pretty sure if people were fairly routinely regaling us with tales of their huge wins, instead of their partners' huge penises, we'd be questioning their ability to count properly.

Of course it is possible that people aren't measuring in the most commonly used method in surveys - i.e directly along the top, standing-up straight (measuring not that far off centre, or sitting down can add 1/2 an inch or more) and without pressure for non-bone pressed, digging to the pubic bone for bone-pressed. After all judging by some of the measuring threads on here there are enough men who measure in the most favourable way possible, so it's not strictly a gender thing.

I don't know the history of Altered Ego and Wolf's interaction on this board, so there might be something I'm missing, but I took Wolf's comments in a similar vein - i.e surprise at the size of Altered Ego's hands. I think she's something like 93rd percentile for a woman (assuming she is a woman). IIRC that's a similar percentile to a 7-7.5 inch (bone pressed) penis, so her hands certainly ain't small. On that basis I assumed he was simply saying "wow, are you sure you measured right?". That doesn't seem particularly offensive, although as I say, there may be something in the past that I'm unaware of.

Last edited:

drabman

Expert Member
Media
I dunno, Mystic. Until I met my husband, who I think has fairly small hands and feet for his frame, all men I dated had hands significantly bigger than mine...

Your hands seem very big to me - lengthwise at least. In my experience, most men don't have hands 8" long and above. These charts tend to support that.

myArmoury.com - View topic - Original tangs length versus modern ones

(Scroll to bottom of page. It does say the source is wiki, but I've seen similar figures elsewhere)

http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA101070&Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.pdf

drabman

Expert Member
Media
Haha Crackoff, I never heard that one before.. I don't know why but I always found those long slim hands/fingers to look very feminine.

Tell me about it, I wear Size 15 shoes, it sucks having to pick shoes after what they have available in your size, rather than just the ones you like best!

I nearly fell off my chair - until I realised that US sizes are about 2 steps bigger! Still, UK size 13 is still pretty huge. I can't imagine that, having quite dainty size 9 1/2 feet (dainty for a 6'2" tall bloke anyway).

MysticWolf:
I somehow doubt that the longest hands would be 10"? I've actually met and shook hands with Amar'e stoudemire and a couple of the other players from the New York knicks and he definitely had both longer and wider hands than me by a margin.

Well, being a brit, I'm not too keen on basketball - too much scoring ( :wink: ) (although I like baseball) so I'm no expert. However I'd be surprised if they had THAT much bigger hands than yours. I've had autographs signed by some pretty big cricketers - a guy called Joel Garner was about 6'8"/6'9" - and while their hands were massive, I doubt they were over 10". You don't have to go far beyond 10" before you get into foot long territory. Looking at a 12" ruler, it would seem pretty freaky for someone to have hands that size.

drabman

Expert Member
Media
I believe there's not that much of a difference between men and women as far as hand length goes whereas the big difference usually is the width of the hand...

I think they're proportionally smaller in all dimensions. IIRC it's one of the initial clues used to determine the sex of human remains.

D_Crystallized Ginger

Sexy Member
Media
Actually hands sizes come in not a wide range like foot sizes do for example .. also it seems to be not strongly realted with heigth and sex... 8 inches hands are large by every standards ..I know people taller than me almopst 2 meter tall with hands a bit longer than mine and most of 6'3'' have the same hand length as me...

curious_angel

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Mystic Wolf, you're always asking for statistics from members. What do you do with the information? Do you keep an LPSG spreadsheet? Have you found any interesting correlations between.....well, anything really?

My hands are 7.1" long and my middle finger is 3.1".

D_Crystallized Ginger

Sexy Member
Media
Mystic Wolf, you're always asking for statistics from members. What do you do with the information? Do you keep an LPSG spreadsheet? Have you found any interesting correlations between.....well, anything really?

My hands are 7.1" long and my middle finger is 3.1".

you are right I am kinda obsessed with measurements .. maybe they make me feel like I can understand better what Beauty is, it could be an attempt to "quantify" the beauty standards... also I'm very prone to a scientific view of things and like to find correlation between everything as you said... last but not least ..knowing that a girl has long thin fingers makes me get horny as hell...

drabman

Expert Member
Media
Actually hands sizes come in not a wide range like foot sizes do for example .. also it seems to be not strongly realted with heigth and sex..

No - it is strongly related with sex (Women tend to be smaller obviously). As I say it's one of the ways police make an initial determination of the sex of an unidentified decomposed corpse/skeleton - at least in the UK.