Ladies, is there really a such thing as him going too deep?

jaap_stam

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Can't edit my post.

Wanted to add that, from a male perspective, if there isn't a strong bond of sexual/romantic intimacy I'm not sure the long term viability of a relationship under your kind of stress even with a 5-star cis-hetero man. Even if he stays through thick and thin, the chemical reward (oxytocin) isn't there to reinforce that emotional bond. What you have left, I don't think would be very emotionally fulfilling for either of you.

I don't disagree with you on this in general, but it's not always a problem. My husband and I are extremely compatible. Extremely. I think he's gay; he's certainly not palpably attracted to me, and we're both seeing other men now. If the sex was just okay, I'd probably keep him. If it was terrible, but he was trying, I'd keep him. Why? Because I can count on him. He has my back in ways I'm not sure anyone else would.

For example, while I was out of the house for two hours yesterday, my grandmother made an improper transfer from her armchair to her bed, which meant she left her walker inaccessible from the bed. Because she wasn't meant to be in bed, there was no bed pad on top of her sheets. While in the bed, she urinated and defecated. The urine soiled the sheets, and the other stuff got on the bkankets. Then she got up, and because she lacked her walker, she fell. Again she toileted on herself, and the carpet, and her bathrobe. When we got home, I needed to treat all of our pets, furniture, carpets, etc for ticks because I'd been out having a stubborn tick removed from my shoulder and had no idea where I'd picked it up. He discovered Grandma on the floor, filthy, and afraid. He didn't even call to me. He picked her up, and by the time I came to check on her, he'd stripped her, the bed, sent her toward the bathroom and had filled the sink with soapy water for me. His only question was whether I preferred him to bathe her, or do her laundry. His immediate assumption was that he should share in this mess with me because he knew I'd found her in even worse condition when I got her out of bed that morning (Poo everywhere! Including in ears!) and would be frustrated that she was all jacked up again.

This story perfectly illustrates several things. We both have the same kind of family values. She's a handful. She's violent, mean, insane from dimensia, and shits all over my house. Would another man make me choose between caring for her and being with him? Could another man afford to have me put my career on hold again to be with her, or would I have to entrust her care to strangers and go back to work? Would another man recognize my physical and emotional exhaustion and just step in? He's gentle with her, even when she's covered in disgusting filth and biting, scratching and kicking him. Would another man hurt her? On days when I can't keep from internalizing the horrible things she says to me, would another man do his best to pick me back up, or would he be sick of me being irrationally upset by the words of a senile old bat? Would another man share my moral stance on euthanasia and assisted suicide? He knows me so well. Would another man know exactly when I need a lovely surprise and provide me with it?

My life is really, really hard right now. The wrong man would only make it harder, no matter how great the sexual connection. If my husband was actually attracted to me, I know I would keep him, even if he was absolutely the worst lay in the world, and I'd do whatever it took to keep him because he's a good man. As it stands, I am leaving him because he's gay, and I figured I'd be better off back on the market while I'm young, healthy, optimistic and pretty, rather than older, sicker, going blind, and angry because he's finally decided he has to be true to himself. Even so, it took me a very long time to make that decision, a decision most of my friends encourage me to un-make. They too would keep a quality man who was sexually unsatisfactory. I would. I really would. But there's a difference between bad sex and complete sexual rejection.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
You know how I know my husband and I love each other very much? We don't need to cuddle to feel amorous towards one another. When I wake up on a wintry morning and he scraped the ice off of my windshield in the dark before he left for work. It's little things like that, helping one another. Being understanding to one another. Trying to out do one another. Sex isn't a part of that at all.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Definitely a ton of mutual respect in your relationship with your husband! Caring for an elder in that state can put a huge strain on things. And cheers to both of you for not taking the route of darkness in the stressful times you have.

I agree that there is a difference between outright rejection, and bad sex. But you yourself stated that you planned on leaving your husband because he was gay - and really for a woman who prefers men, a romantic relationship with a man who prefers men isn't viable.

As for your friends who would take a sexually unsatisfactory, quality man...I'm curious about their ages and where they are in life where they would be happy with that as their primary relationship. You can't have romance without the sex. I'm not saying your friends are wrong in that stated preference. I'm just saying that if they're ok with an asexual marriage/relationship, they're not looking for a romantic partner, but a loyal roomate. In which case, what TG and I both said still holds true.
No. What I have is a loyal roommate. But what has really been discussed in this thread is not an asexual marriage like mine, but one where there is sex, and it's just bad sex, or not mutually satisfying. My asexual marriage has been very romantic, loving and sweet, so I know one that's just unsatisfying could be too. Romance is romance, and sex is sex.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Can't edit my post.

Wanted to add that, from a male perspective, if there isn't a strong bond of sexual/romantic intimacy I'm not sure the long term viability of a relationship under your kind of stress even with a 5-star cis-hetero man. Even if he stays through thick and thin, the chemical reward (oxytocin) isn't there to reinforce that emotional bond. What you have left, I don't think would be very emotionally fulfilling for either of you.
He's my best friend. I am his best friend. I just nursed him through an illness he caught nursing me through a weaker version of the same illness. One of the highlights of my day is when we sit down to supper together. He looks forward to calling me as soon as he gets off work and telling me all about his day. We get the same oxytocin response any other close friends have.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
He's my best friend. I am his best friend. I just nursed him through an illness he caught nursing me through a weaker version of the same illness. One of the highlights of my day is when we sit down to supper together. He looks forward to calling me as soon as he gets off work and telling me all about his day. We get the same oxytocin response any other close friends have.
Omg. Just for a second I read your post wrong and thought you got the same OxyContin together! I was all set to do an intervention! Then I blinked and got it right. *whew*

Carry on.

Reactions: AlteredEgo

zenapussy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
WOW! That's crazy. I never knew that. I've had pain but as I said I like it so I just figured that was the pain being referenced but clearly I've never had any pains like that. That sounds awful. I experience what some people consider cervical orgasms and they are absolutely great.
I love deep penetration hitting my cervix with each thrust as I try to clamp his cock tight with my pussy muscles. It does not actually lead to pain, rather to a sweet ache filling my abdomen that lingers for sometime after reaching orgasms.