ladies, it'a about your shoes...

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OK, I'm going to hurry and answer before hubby does... When my daughter moved out I took over her closet. It's where I keep my shoes. There, I said it. Yes, I have that many. And about half are heels. Yes, I know, Darling, that I'll probably never wear three-quarters of them ever again, but if I ever have to they're there!

I love shoes. It's my kryptonite, as Cap says. I cannot pass a store window in the mall with cute shoes. I have to try on at least three pair a week. OK, a day. Anyway, I do love them, and I love wearing heels. I love the way heels make me look and walk. I do not buy uncomfortable shoes, and I guess I've been walking in heels so long that I don't have discomfort in them.

I do wear sandals during the day when I'm not working, and I guess I'll come right out and say it, I have two pairs of Crocs - one for the yard and one for standing in the kitchen. Come on, they're comfortable, now!

I had a pair of Birkenstocks in college. Can I still unite?

1kmb1

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
true.

if you've ever run barefoot you'll notice that you run on the balls of your feet...same as most mammals. running on heels is pretty unique to shoe wearing humans.

running on your toes reduces the pavement slamming feeling to practically nothing.

im a mid foot runner, running on your heels is just bad, its inefficient, and causes knee problems. but toes isnt much better, its good for sprinters, but over longer distances it can cause shin splints or achilles tendinitis.

although everyone is different, heels or toes probably works for some people.

D

deleted432219

I love wearing heels! 75% of my shoes have at least a 2.5 inch heel on them. Most of my heels range from 4 inches to 5.25 inches though. I find it hard to wear flat shoes for a long period of time. I prefer wedge heels over any other style, but when I go out I definitely wear stilettos and platform pumps.

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I worked in a shoe shop as part of my 'work experience'. You would be surprised at how badly shoes are treated in the back-room. Even expensive shoes were thrown around and pierced with tags. Damage was done, but they still sold them at full price. "What the eye doesn't see - the salesman gets away with." Someone should set-up a charity, dedicated to ill-treated footwear.

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
or long words.
like... frustration!
For many years, the MenofThunder have been making shoes. It's the family business (excluding me). I'm not a shoe-fanatic, but I understand the work and effort involved in making even one pair. Seeing them get needlessly damaged was, indeed...frustrating. (Hope you enjoyed the history lesson. :tongue:)

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
And, I'm just pointing out that it could have been accomplished without the whiff of homophobia.

(NOT SAYING YOU ARE HOMOPHOBIC!)
no actually i could not post irritated about the bigoted stereotyping of any woman who is anti-heels without saying what those bigoted stereotypes are.

i can picture your shoes. velcro fastenings.