Ladies Night

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by tiff86, Dec 15, 2007.

1. tiff86

tiff86 New Member

Hey I saw on TV today some people are suing some bars in New York over ladies night, saying it discriminates against guys cuz they have to pay and girls don't. My bf mentioned something about this awhile ago where he thinks ladies night is totally unfair and you couldn't do a guys night like that cuz people would say it's discrimination. I actually sorta agree w/him. Anybody have thoughts?

2. Biggie77

Biggie77 New Member

It's not criminal discrimination. They do it to bring in more females so the bar isn't a sausage fest. Still, I'm not a fan of it either.

3. Sinnerly

Sinnerly Member

I agree 100%. Women deserve no special treatment. No more than their anatomy requires.

4. tiff86

tiff86 New Member

I didn't know it matters the reason for the discrimination but I don't know all the legal rules so hmm. I just figured you shouldn't be able to make 2 diff. prices for guys and girls. I mean it's kinda lame in general how guys are still supposed to sorta pay for dates a lot of times when women are all wanting equality. I dunno I just think everybody should get treated equal.
    Oh this is funny last yr I went to this bar w/my bf and 2 of my gfs and they had this thing where girls are free but guys are $10 but then if you're a guy every girl you bring in you get $2 off, so he had to pay $10 but then they gave him $6 back. Weird.

5. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    It's "special offers" to entice business. Has nothing to do with discrimination. Discrimination would be letting ONLY men or women in -- and even then, somethings that's appropriate.

6. Sinnerly

Sinnerly Member

letting only men or only women in is more tolerable to me than one for free. but i say let everyone mingle.

There is a bathhouse in chicago and it's men only i hear. I don't think women want to go there cause the guys are all gay... but I say let them in... who cares?

segregated bathrooms are arguably wasteful too, in my opinion.

7. tiff86

tiff86 New Member

K, so it's OK to charge diff. prices? I dunno that sounds weird. I mean if a bar wanted to attract more white people no way could they do it that way.

8. Principessa

Gold Member

It's a marketing ploy nothing less, nothing more. That said, as long as women are only earning 70 cents for every dollar a man makes for doing the exact same work, I say keep ladies night, and f&*k anybody that doesn't like it. They don't have to participate. :cool:

FYI - A gay man in NJ took a bar to court a few years ago because of the "free drinks to ladies on ladies night" He actually won the case. :eek: :aargh4: Unfortunately the patrons both male and female who enjoyed the old way stopped frequenting the bar; and they closed within the next 14 months.

9. tiff86

tiff86 New Member

Ummm, hooooooold on therrrrrre....

10. Sinnerly

Sinnerly Member

i'm so glad someone else broke the raceial ice. No race deserves special treatment, like no sex does. It makes me sick when i see "minoirties" use their "minor" status as a crutch. Fuck them. Step up and be a person... uhg..

11. Sinnerly

Sinnerly Member

well, really, who cares if you a. poop next to a man or woman or b. then wash your hands next to same person? any uncomfort we have i think is probably learned from whole lives of seperation.

12. tiff86

tiff86 New Member

But if we say it's OK to discriminate against guys doesn't that totally mess up our argument wanting women to make the same as men? I mean I'm not super political but I think people are equal and it seems weird to say I'm equal to you but until you agree then you're not equal to me. I dunno that just sounds unfair. I mean businesses could just say we're gonna pay men more than women and fuck anybody who doesn't like it they don't have to participate. I mean I totally think we should get paid as much as men but it seems to me you can't have it both ways :confused:

13. Sinnerly

Sinnerly Member

wait.. ( i have a crappy low pay job and we all make less than min. wage)

wait... (i live on tips)

wait....

women don't get paid the same as men for the same job? What year is this? Why did the women stop fighting before thy got what they wanted?

is it corporations that keep us down? (us being people, as i'm not a woman)

14. tiff86

tiff86 New Member

Now I know why you seem so angry ! :smile::rolleyes: I hope stuff gets better for you :smile:

15. Flashy

Gold Member

well it is sort of like discounts for kids and senior citizens, at every type of entertainment venue. (movies, sporting events, etc.)

totally annoying.

older people are nice and all, but let's face it...we have trillions of dollars in national debt because of people over the age of 60 who are so invested in the system and their own benefits, and whose lack of fiscal discipline in the government has put us in hoc... that this generation and others to come are essentially screwed...

so why the hell should they get to see a movie for half of what i pay? :mad:

and kids...pfffffft...get a job, junior.

16. Sinnerly

Sinnerly Member

i make, in my tips, the same as a front desk agent at a very large hotel.. and i get his benefits, so i'm not angry because of money.. i'm angry because human beings are so multifaceted.. which leads to me having a great time being angry.. levels and layers...

duality...

we should strive for understanding and acceptance... and hatred of bigots... ;)

17. Sinnerly

Sinnerly Member

i just realized, and tha whole non-smoking bull shit ties into this too: a private company or business should be able to do what they want.. if a bar want to give free nights to women or brown eyed people or what, they should be able to.. but then how can the govt. say no smoking?

when does what a private business lose it's rights to let people do what they want?

i suppose there are no national parks that give free ladie's nights... hmm..

if I owned a bar, i'd have free men's nights... lol!

18. tiff86

tiff86 New Member

K :smile: Well I guess I agree w/that!

19. D_Geffarde Phartsmeller

I'm not convinced ladies night is an effective way to combat the pay discrepancy between men and women. But I agree, it's not so much discrimination as it is a marketing ploy. The bars want to attract more women to prevent a sausage-fest. Crude description but accurate. If anything, women should be angered by ladies night because it's clearly an attempt to fill the bars with women for the pleasure of men. Luring you with promises of cheap alcohol so that guys will come and take advantage of you while you're drunk. Ladies night was probably thought up by a guy. Think of what would happen without it. Ladies would avoid the bars on various nights at various times and the guys would be left with...well, each other haha. While I don't like the hit my wallet takes, I'll gladly sacrifice a few extra dollars if it means a greater selection of attractive girls. It's a double-edged sword

20. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

Women like free drinks - men like drunk women

Where is the problem?

Draft saved Draft deleted