Ladies, post your pets

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Today Lil Dude took upon himself to claim both of the jumbo dog beds for himself. How did he plant his so called flag? He peed on both beds. :mad:

Now, none of the dogs can sleep in their beds. So all the dogs are sleeping on us.

Oh, and not to be left out the cats want in on the action. I am being smothered in house pets.

I am so unbelievably itchy. Aaauuggghh
I'm allergic to my pets too. My ex has extra blankets and pillows out in his room so the animals shed on those, and not his sleeping linens. If I go hang out with him, I sometimes leave with a rash. I think it's the newer cat. Sometimes when I pick him up, my eyes burn. It's worth it though. He's so sweet.

Reactions: Enid

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
My cats don't seem to like the new food I'm trying out. It came highly recommend, Stella & Chewy's freeze dried cat food. I'm getting the death stare from Bob, and Ari just looks at me pitifully. I feel so bad, but it's supposed to be better than Crave which is what I have been feeding them because they go nutso for it (I give them a wet food portion in the AM and 4-5 oz dry in PM). I thought with this food, I dont have to buy both wet and dry food anymore. Am I supposed to heat it up or something? It's refrigerated...maybe that is why.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The more expensive the, and better for them, a food is the less your animal will be willing to eat it.

I got lucky with all of my dogs loving Royal Canin Large Breed. It breaks the most expensive rule. But I went through a million other expensive foods to find one they liked.

Reactions: AlteredEgo and Enid

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I think I have to go back to Crave for now. They have wet and dry varieties. I guess at least it's grain free. They just don't want this damn Stella raw food. I've tried 3 times now, this is it. I know if Ari won't eat it then it's a no go because usually, she'll eat anything.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Only the little black kitty will not eat his fancy, expensive, grain free, senior cats food. His previous owners fed Purina, which is a dirty word in my house. So, that what he eats. Kinda. My mean white kitty has been stealing his food, and gotten fat!

As for who gets all the love? I do. When my plump white kitty offers her belly, I am allowed to rub it. The little black cat taps my leg to be lifted so he can headbutt me. The dogs make a ruckus and lose their collective shit. They wail when I leave the house. No one else gets this treatment to this degree.

Reactions: Enid
D

deleted924715

The more expensive the, and better for them, a food is the less your animal will be willing to eat it.

I got lucky with all of my dogs loving Royal Canin Large Breed. It breaks the most expensive rule. But I went through a million other expensive foods to find one they liked.

I buy my fur baby the (vet recommended) royal canin gastro low fat canned food, because she's old now and suffers lots with her tummy. It ain't cheap.

She walks away from it 50% of the time, but it's a better success rate than their kibble which I bought a huge bag of and she turned her nose up at 100% of the time :sob:

The little madam only wants roast chicken

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I
I buy my fur baby the (vet recommended) royal canin gastro low fat canned food, because she's old now and suffers lots with her tummy. It ain't cheap.

She walks away from it 50% of the time, but it's a better success rate than their kibble which I bought a huge bag of and she turned her nose up at 100% of the time :sob:

The little madam only wants roast chicken

Royal Canin Recovery is cat crack. Temptations on a can. Super calorie dense and loaded with good stuff. If you mix a tablespoon of Recovery into anything and your cat will eat it.

It's only available at the vet but ya current doc shouldn't have any problem ordering you a couple cans to try.

Reactions: AlteredEgo

Still can't bring myself to get another fur baby after Shithead's death.

I'm still in mourning.

Reactions: AlteredEgo
D

deleted924715

I

Royal Canin Recovery is cat crack. Temptations on a can. Super calorie dense and loaded with good stuff. If you mix a tablespoon of Recovery into anything and your cat will eat it.

It's only available at the vet but ya current doc shouldn't have any problem ordering you a couple cans to try.

Oh sorry she's a dog! Well she thinks she's a person, but still.

She's 15... and has pancreatitis. She can't tolerate the fat content in the other blends unfortunately. I suspect whatever they replace the fat with is what's making it unappetising for her. It has an oddly sweet smell after the air has hit it.

I know I don't have her for much longer, it's heartbreaking. She was a rescue at 6 weeks old and she's family. She's the reason I could sleep soundly at night as a young single mum. I can't imagine her not being here.

She couldn't jump up on the sofa yesterday for the first time :worried:

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Oh sorry she's a dog! Well she thinks she's a person, but still.

She's 15... and has pancreatitis. She can't tolerate the fat content in the other blends unfortunately. I suspect whatever they replace the fat with is what's making it unappetising for her. It has an oddly sweet smell after the air has hit it.

I know I don't have her for much longer, it's heartbreaking. She was a rescue at 6 weeks old and she's family. She's the reason I could sleep soundly at night as a young single mum. I can't imagine her not being here.

She couldn't jump up on the sofa yesterday for the first time :worried:

When Bogart passed I couldn't get over coming home and not hearing him scream and howl with the most happiness I've ever seen in another creature. I still had Samson, and he would greet me too, but nothing like my Boogie-Bear. It took years to get used to.

Then Sammy passed 5 years later, and I couldn't get used to not hearing him walking around the house at night... Hardwood floors, we could always hear him sneaking around trying to not disturb the rest of us. I'm still not used to that either, really. I still wake up expecting to see him sometimes, laying next to me on the floor waiting patiently for me to wake up.

I love my girls, they are my heart... But I still miss my boys, years later.

My titty-kitty is getting old too... he turns 13 this year. We just don't get enough time with them :emoji_cry:

D

deleted924715

When Bogart passed I couldn't get over coming home and not hearing him scream and howl with the most happiness I've ever seen in another creature. I still had Samson, and he would greet me too, but nothing like my Boogie-Bear. It took years to get used to.

Then Sammy passed 5 years later, and I couldn't get used to not hearing him walking around the house at night... Hardwood floors, we could always hear him sneaking around trying to not disturb the rest of us. I'm still not used to that either, really. I still wake up expecting to see him sometimes, laying next to me on the floor waiting patiently for me to wake up.

I love my girls, they are my heart... But I still miss my boys, years later.

My titty-kitty is getting old too... he turns 13 this year. We just don't get enough time with them :emoji_cry:

Wow this is making me emotional :heart:

Reactions: LaFemme and Bonfire

Mule

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Still can't bring myself to get another fur baby after Shithead's death.

I'm still in mourning.

I'm sorry. :( It's the hardest thing. All you can do is hold onto those memories and be grateful that you got to share their journey.

My sweet, sweet bulldog girl is 10 1/2 years old. She beat the odds making it to double digits so I cooked her a steak for that birthday. I treasure every day with her because I know she doesn't have many left.

I know that this is Ladies, Post Your Pets but I felt a real reaction and connection to @Bonfire that I simply had to respond to. Sorry.