Sexuality
Unsure

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
This a recent Bobcat pic proving how he can be seen from Google earth

This is the bottom of my bed. My bed is a full size bed so this is him taking up pretty much the majority of the width of a full bed all stretched out

FZXpiiC.jpg

sizehungry

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
View attachment 1326601

She has a regal stance. But she knew I was taking her picture. That's her "Oh, you're there" pose.
Worthy of being the wallpaper on ones computer . She sure is big for her age . Beautiful cat , and she knows it .

Reactions: lms28 and MickeyLee

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Ok you guys i have a question about cat litter. Simply put, what do you use and recommend?

I am at my wit's end here. First off, I would highly recommend World's Best Cat Litter hands down (corn-based). I LOVE that litter. But I can't use it anymore because Dexter started eating it constantly. Like, all day cat litter buffet. Obviously, it was coming out in his poop and this was becoming a big health problem. Potential bowel obstruction, etc.

I tried a door strap thingie that was supposed to let the cats in and out but keep him away. Nope, didn't work, he's like 10 lb slimmer than Bob anyways. My sister begged me to move the box in my room instead of bathroom. The bedrooms are the only carpeted areas plus where she wanted it was my reading nook and hell no to that.

So i tried from there some off brand corn litter and no I didn't think it worked as well plus he was still trying to get at the box so he could have carte blanche with the litter.

Then I moved to platinum slide (nope, shitty clumping), and 2 different varieties of a Purina brand. One was called 24/7 and the other 4-in-1. Nope, nope. Mind, Dexter was not eating these various clay litters (slide is not clay, but he still immediately lost interest after i gave up my attachment to corn). So that was good. But they definitely did not perform well IMO.

Now I'm finally at Dr Eisley cat litter. Really wanted to like this one but it's the WORST YET!! Bob's pee is radioactive or something because cleaning up the pee "clumps" is awful...like wet, gross sand. Ugh!

I'm considering non clumping litter now. Like, such as Skoon. It seems pricey but has anyone tried it?

Also considering this one. Has anyone tried it? Does anyone even like non clumping litter? I just am so tired of scraping and scraping, and having to turbo clean my scoop twice a week. Plus the box, the sandy crumbly bits from hell take forever to clean out! Then I gotta dump everything once a week into a bin while I scrub the damn box. I'm. So. Tired!!

Ok7o6lj.jpg

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My doggos also see the cat litter boxes as thier own personal Templeton moment..

I went with a different style litter box. A top entry box for the chonky/lazy cats*. The other two boxes are up out of reach from doggos.

On the litter rec side, myself and my kittehs have had luck with pine-based litters. Cedarific Natural Cat Litter and Feline Pine. Both are great at stank control and are easy keepers. Also huge ass bag for not much monies.

*there is a post about the doggos trying to whack a mole the cats at first. Dexter is of diminutive stature?

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
My doggos also see the cat litter boxes as thier own personal Templeton moment..

I went with a different style litter box. A top entry box for the chonky/lazy cats*. The other two boxes are up out of reach from doggos.

On the litter rec side, myself and my kittehs have had luck with pine-based litters. Cedarific Natural Cat Litter and Feline Pine. Both are great at stank control and are easy keepers. Also huge ass bag for not much monies.

*there is a post about the doggos trying to whack a mole the cats at first. Dexter is of diminutive stature?

Oh my god, thank you for the new litter recs! I hadn't even thought of pine. I am going to check these out. With non clumping litter I assume it's like when I tried crystals years ago. Liked it, but was sorta pricey, and down towards the end you just have to dump whatever is left. It becomes too used. Still, a more appealing sitch than scraping loosely packed pee sand. And i HATE scrubbing the box once a week but I am obsessive about keeping it clean. :(

I have gone with a triangular shaped ginormous box with a lid but front, not top, entry. It's marketed for XL cats. I may consider a top entry though if I choose to go back to my World's Best...

But first I try Cedarific. I'll consider the non clumping litter too but Imma go with the pine first.

And Dex is a small dog 13-14 lb perhaps. Cookie is even tinier, 5 lb, but she could not be less interested in cat litter. The door strap thing didn't work at alllll.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

I use pine based litters, too. It really seems to eliminate scents and is really easy to change.

Reactions: Enid