Ladies, tell me about height.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've always wondered why that is? It's not like people really care if the girl looks taller...

I don't understand that either. Hell, I've towered over some of the guys I've dated and it never bothered me. As we've seen, it's a small portion of women who absolutely need a man taller than them-- most women are a little more flexible about it. I wonder sometimes if it's nothing else but vanity and rigidity when both men and women get hung up on which gender must be taller, make more money, etc. Functionally and practically none of these things really make very much difference in a relationship.

Darpon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have a friend who only dates Jewish guys under 5'10" preferably skinny with glasses. No, she is not Jewish, she is Methodist.:rolleyes: She swears she has never met a Jewish guy with less than an 8 inch dick. :biggrin1: No wonder y'all are the chosen people. :tongue:

This makes me feel all fuzzy inside. Do I look like I have 8 inches, though? One guy kept telling me on PM that my dick looked the same size as his, and that since he was 8 inches, I ought to be 8 inches as well. He never stopped saying that I should be more than 7.

Whenever I measure (I've only measured once recently, but still), my cock comes up as 7 inches. Would you say I look 8 inches, though? Your friend has a very awesome theory, and I'd really hate to be the one to break it. It wouldn't be lying! Depending on the way you measure, dick length can vary an inch or two. Or, to some of the 10" members here, it can vary up through 3 inches! :tongue:

Oh dear, it seems I made a post talking about nothing but my cock size.

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I see couples like your sister and her hubby I have to admit I get a little miffed. I'm 5'9", she doesn't need a man that tall I do. :12:

That's hysterical, though I'd be pissed about not having a decent wedding video.

Where are you getting this info?:confused: The height of the average American male is 5'10" The average American female is 5'4". Therefore any male over the average is tall, ditto women. The only time 6'2" isn't tall for a man is if he plays for the Arizona Suns. :tongue:

Do you want me to fly into Hobby or DFW?

I have a friend who only dates Jewish guys under 5'10" preferably skinny with glasses. No, she is not Jewish, she is Methodist.:rolleyes: She swears she has never met a Jewish guy with less than an 8 inch dick. :biggrin1: No wonder y'all are the chosen people. :tongue:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news hungdavid but I think your problem is your personality and not your height. Your shorter friends have probably learned that they need to be nice and charming and have a pleasant personality. Whereas you appear to be walking around thinking "I'm tall, handsome; and have a big dick. Line up to love me ladies." :tongue:

It's not crap. I am 5'9" and men under 6' have to be exceptional in looks to even be a blip on my radar. It's not being rude. I like to wear high heels, I literally don't even see men that are shorter than me. :redface::tongue:

At 5'3" my mom is the shortest of her 5 siblings. She once turned down a marriage proposal in college because the guy was too short at 5'10". :rolleyes: Since my mom is just under average height for a female clearly this preference has to do with eugenics and future offspring. Her first husband was 6'1" and my dad is 6'2". At 5'7" and 5'9" both of her daughters are tall, for girls.

I once dated a man who was 5'10" but I was still a teen and was only 5'7" at the time. :wink: I just feel more relaxed and less like the Jolly Green Giant if I am with a man taller than me. Especially if I am wearing heels.

To me 6-2 is tall but not that tall .6-2 isn't standing out tall like guys that are 6-4 and over . You got it right . My problem is my personality but is actually the opposite of what you said . I'm actually a nice guy and treat woman well with respect and my friends are the typical jerk bad guys . They really treat woman like crap I have seen that myself.

LACJohn

Experimental Member
Media
To me 6-2 is tall but not that tall .6-2 isn't standing out tall like guys that are 6-4 and over . You got it right . My problem is my personality but is actually the opposite of what you said . I'm actually a nice guy and treat woman well with respect and my friends are the typical jerk bad guys . They really treat woman like crap I have seen that myself.

Unfortunately the nice guy always loses out with girls, contrary to what the girls in this forum would say.

Asking what a girl wants is one of the most futile things a man could ever do with himself. Its stupid to ask about height, and its pretty stupid to ask about penis size too, but that's relevant to this forum.

Besides the the honest girls in this thread like njqt466, what a woman says is not what she really wants.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Unfortunately the nice guy always loses out with girls, contrary to what the girls in this forum would say.

Asking what a girl wants is one of the most futile things a man could ever do with himself. Its stupid to ask about height, and its pretty stupid to ask about penis size too, but that's relevant to this forum.

Besides the the honest girls in this thread like njqt466, what a woman says is not what she really wants.

Who the hell are you to tell me what I want?

pavement

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't understand that either. Hell, I've towered over some of the guys I've dated and it never bothered me. As we've seen, it's a small portion of women who absolutely need a man taller than them-- most women are a little more flexible about it. I wonder sometimes if it's nothing else but vanity and rigidity when both men and women get hung up on which gender must be taller, make more money, etc. Functionally and practically none of these things really make very much difference in a relationship.

But how often does logic reason and fairness come into it ?

Draconis71

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well, being male you might have a different look, but height isn't that important to me when choosing a BF. Personality and humour are more than 90% of the equation - looks, height, weight, penile size (Oops, said it) is important but on a completely different scale.
Damnit!!! Weight-isim!!!!

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Tripod's post from three days ago is weird to me. I know I've said this before: I'm a tall woman, and I do not date short men for any reason. I'm not attracted to them, and so I think they can do better than to date me, a woman who might find them fun and sweet, (and sometimes even attractive) but almost never sexy. I pass the short guys on to my short friends. I prefer men over 6'2", and will not seriously consider a man below 5'11. This isn't DNA or hormones dictating these choices, but rather experiences that have impacted my own sexuality. I'm just not sexually attracted to short men, even very good looking ones. On the other hand, most of my friends (who all claim to agree with me) date and in some cases even marry short men. I think my friends really just don't want to date men shorter than they are. Most of my friends are about 5'3" or shorter. I'm the giantess among them at nearly (but not quite) 5'9".

Anyway, I used to date short guys, and when I did I liked them. Most of the women I know, even the ones who claim to prefer tall men, really just seem to prefer men taller than they are, and will happily date and shag short guys.

LACJohn

Experimental Member
Media
Who the hell are you to tell me what I want?

You aren't a female so your comment is irrelevant to the thread, dumbass.

The thread is called "Ladies, tell me about height." And thats what I was discussing.

No offense to homosexuals, I respect them and all, but I don't give a shit about a gay mans opinion on other males' height and neither does the OP as far as I see it. he did ask about FEMALE opinion, didn't he?

Plus, I never said what you wanted. I don't know what you want, and I couldn't care less asshole.

B_DEATHbyCARROT

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just like penis size I find that women think what is average is relative to their expectations, not what is statistically average. I have noticed that tall girls will sometimes refer to me as short, but never average or short girls. I'm 5'10". Exactly average...

jlr080281

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

The thread is called "Ladies, tell me about height." And thats what I was discussing.

No offense to homosexuals, I respect them and all, but I don't give a shit about a gay mans opinion on other males' height and neither does the OP as far as I see it. he did ask about FEMALE opinion, didn't he?

Plus, I never said what you wanted. I don't know what you want, and I couldn't care less asshole.

It's not really your fault since Snoozan's gender is listed as male, but Snoozan is actually a woman :tongue:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Not only is Snoozan female (how long have you been here already and you don't know that?) but I agree with her. How hypocritical to say that a gay man's opinion on height is irrelevant, but then go on to insist that hands down, across the board all women speak contrarily to their desires all the time. How do you think a woman feels when she reads that? Especially a woman like me who has a nice guy for a partner, whose friends all have nice guys for partners, and who has never dated the so-called "bad boy" type ever in her life. I have to say my first thoughts when I read your post were, "Really? Fuck you, Buddy!" Not that I was going to publish those thoughts or anything, just that that was my initial, internal reaction. Clearly Snoozan feels the same way.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
God good welcome to the great cosmic fucking joke of the century Fuckwad..now go crawl back under your rock until you are called for.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not only is Snoozan female (how long have you been here already and you don't know that?) but I agree with her. How hypocritical to say that a gay man's opinion on height is irrelevant, but then go on to insist that hands down, across the board all women speak contrarily to their desires all the time. How do you think a woman feels when she reads that? Especially a woman like me who has a nice guy for a partner, whose friends all have nice guys for partners, and who has never dated the so-called "bad boy" type ever in her life. I have to say my first thoughts when I read your post were, "Really? Fuck you, Buddy!" Not that I was going to publish those thoughts or anything, just that that was my initial, internal reaction. Clearly Snoozan feels the same way.

Agreed!!!

As for me and height, I'm short (like you wouldn't guess from my avatar :biggrin1:) at 5'3" rounding up. I have a catch-phrase regarding men and height:

Height isn't as important as length and girth. :biggrin1::biggrin1:

johnlucas-1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Male & female views on height are illogical and contradictory.
If taller was better at all costs then why do any short people still exist?

What often happens is a cancelling out. Women are biased predominately for taller men yet men are biased predominately for shorter women.

Go to Yahoo Answers and hear the tall women complain about the tall guys passing them over for short women.
A child is a product of both parents and much like with the penis size the genetic coding is a result of both parents together.

If you expect tall boys then don't date short women. And if you expect short girls then don't date tall men. What people fail to realize is if taller men and shorter women continue to mate then you're just as likely to get tall girls and short boys as you would with tall boys and short girls because the girl can take after the father and the boy can take after the mother.

I knew one instance of this happening with a co-worker of mine long ago. We used to call him "Wolverine" because he was short, stocky, and hairy like the Marvel Comics character. He used to lament his genetic inheritance from time to time. He said his sister got the good genes. He was dark haired, wore thick glasses, was chubby and hairy; she was blonde, slim and tall with no glasses.

I went to their house one time after work. The blondish sister obviously took after her father with his sun-exposed brownish blondish hair and his upper medium height. Then my co-worker's mother came into the room. She was like the female version of my co-worker! Short, stout, dark haired, with thick glasses and you could tell by her eyebrows with disposition for hirsuteness. There was no mistaking that she was my co-worker's mother. They could have been twins 20 years removed. Incidentally there wasn't as strong as resemblance of my co-worker to his father appearance-wise anyway.

Taller blonder slimmer 20/20 vision father; taller blonder slimmer 20/20 vision mother. Shorter, black-haired, fatter, thick-eyeglassed, hirsute mother; shorter, black-haired, fatter, thick-eyeglassed, hirsute son.

It's not so simple as to say whatever the father looks like the son will look like too and whatever the mother looks like the daughter will look like too. Sometimes a child takes more after one or the other or is a in-between composite of both.

Same with penis size. Penis sizes large, medium, and small can come all from the mother not necessarily the father. Sons who end up smaller in genitals than the father might be able to attribute their inheritance to the mother who while vocally denouncing smaller-sized men passed on those very genes to her offspring. Chris Rock said it best. Watch out who you put down. That type of person is most likely already in your family.

These biases are less about genetic fitness and more about ego and some unknown variables in the dominance/submissive spectrum. If something is wholly undesirable it should never be selected. But yet these so-called undesirable types of people keep popping up. Something's not adding up. Maybe people should recognize the limitations of these illogical biases and broaden their perspectives.

I have a theory that men's biases for shorter women is to make his penis look bigger in the sex act by proportional difference. It's to "reaffirm his masculinity". To seem to feel like "the bigger man". Dominance.
Women's biases for taller men is to make her feel conquered sexually and submissive. Women hate to be "large" at least in predominately patriarchal societies. This is why most usually downplay their weights, breast size if large, heights.

Supposedly it's unmasculine to be short and small and unfeminine to be tall and large. But that is not true at all. I think the incoherence and schizophrenia about gender and gender roles is because there is a lot of overlap and sexuality and anatomical formation is on a continuum. There is the masculine pole and the feminine pole but in reality both men and women simultaneously carry feminine and masculine traits. There is a bit of girl and boy in each of us. Because of this people have to consciously reinforce gender roles because if not then the genders would not be quite as distinct.

It's like a green branch that somebody tried to break. It splits, sure, but it never fully separates. A broken green branch is held together even both of its ends point in opposing directions. I mentioned it in an old thread about women who wear makeup. Without makeup many women at a glance can resemble men. If the anatomy is not telltale like overgrown breasts or exaggerated hips then without the superficial distinguishing rituals it'd be hard to tell the two apart without looking closer. When people age it is said that men become more feminine and women become more masculine. People don't really realize how though males and females have their exclusive distinctions there is a lot of overlap. The sects (sexes) didn't fully split apart that green branch.

I get comments sometimes that I have "girl hands" but my voice is bass-baritone. I've seen very feminine women with catcher's mitts for hands way bigger than mine.

Many men are intimidated by tall women because they have fear of their masculinity being diminished. It must not be that strong a masculinity if a little height can diminish it. Many women turn their noses up at short men because they feel awkward being larger than their man. They have fear of their femininity being diminished but it can't be that strong a femininity if a little height can diminish it.

Human beings strive to be logical because we are illogical creatures. A lot of the things we do don't make sense yet we continue to do them anyway. I don't believe anymore that evolution necessarily improves the species; I believe it merely differentiates it. Because if it was inclined for improvement then perfection would be seen or close to being seen. Many times nature sets into our being self-defeating contradictory impulses which prevents the species as a whole from truly becoming a success.

You can't stop other people's prejudices but you can stop your own. I say both short men and tall women need a better chance for dating opportunity. Both need to get over their hangups and recognize the worth within themselves. If tall height was all powerful then everybody would be tall. But they're not so maybe it's not all it's cracked up to be. It's one of many forms of value with its own strengths and weaknesses.

The Sudanese created a tall society yet the people called the Pygmies are all short. Both get along fine. There is a need for slender forms as well as fat forms as well as muscular forms. A need for thinkers and a need for doers. If you look at the world less in a competitive fashion and more in a cooperative fashion then all these differences don't seem so threatening. Viewing the world in a Mosaic point of view than a Footrace point of view.

If you begin to do away with your illogical biases your attitude may spread to other people and eventually the bias may disappear. Most never think of that. One way to change the discrimination is to support and celebrate the variety through media. Short people need to celebrate themselves in magazines and TV and movies through ownership. A countermedia is how you undo a systemic discrimination. Blacks have done it and are still doing it. It works.

When you realize your inherent value, you WILL get someone in your life.
John Lucas