Ladies, tell me about height.

10inchtim

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am not a lady, however one of my undergraduate minor was in forensic anthropology. Here is my opinion, take it for what it's worth:

I believe strongly, that in the modern era, the once desirable trait of of physical prowess, is dying if not dead. We are in a time which values wealth and social standing far beyond physical strength and size. Our sex symbols have gone from Tall Dark and Handsome to small odd and quirky (See: Johnny Depp, Bradd Pitt, Tom Cruse, James Blunt...etc).

Generally speaking it is women who chose the genetic material of the next generation of humans. (As males will just pass it on to just about anything) As the playing feild is equalized, modern females (as a whole), for the first time in recorded history, are beginning to chose smaller softer and more effiminate mates to pass on their genetic material.

If anyone needs to be afraid, it is the large in stature who are being driven out of a society which no longer requires their traits. We have reached the pinnacle of overconsumption which has driven our increase in physical size. As the world begins to become more competitive for food, space, and other resources, the smaller more efficent body will begin to take precidence. It is likely that, over a long time, it will become more difficult for a large person to survive on the limited resources.

Basically, I am saying, don't worry about your size you are quite possibly the next step forward in what women desire!

Calcium

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Skipping all the lovely anthropological hullabaloo, I'd like to provide an anecdote. I was at a party and my ex-girlfriend happened to also be there. She's maybe half an inch shorter than I am, but she was wearing heels, pushing her up. We got to talking (the, "how's it going, good, good" type thing) and she paused and asked, "Isn't this awkward for you?" I respond with, "What, that we used to go out?" and she says, "No, aren't you uncomfortable that I'm taller than you are right now?"

I don't really know what that story means, because I have not cracked the nebulous female's code, but take that as you will.

Marlboro woman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I would feel awkward going out with a man who was much shorter than me. I am six feet tall so a man of average height is going to be an inch or two shorter than me, although I always wear high heels so I appear much taller. My boyfriend is 5'11' so the difference is negligible. I prefer taller men, but tall muscular men, I am not really attracted to men who are tall and thin.

Allisondd14

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Agreed!!!

As for me and height, I'm short (like you wouldn't guess from my avatar :biggrin1:) at 5'3" rounding up. I have a catch-phrase regarding men and height:

Height isn't as important as length and girth. :biggrin1::biggrin1:

I agree! I'm in the 5'2" - 5'3" range and I just prefer a guy who's taller than me. Oh, and I lean towards the girth part! :wink:

Sarista

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For my experience it’s more of trying to avoid uncomfortable situations. I dated a guy who was slightly shorter than me and he was so self-conscious about me wearing heels. About the long strides I take, about the attention I get from other taller men. I kept trying to make him aware that I was with him and only him. Finally, I couldn’t take it anymore and left him. It’s a lot easier to be with a taller man. You don’t have to worry about so much.
On a biological and primitive level, women look for those who are more prone to survive and produce healthy, attractive, children. Survival of the species and all. We are mammals and when you look at mammals in the wild, the females of the mammals always gravitate toward the biggest and strongest. In other words, the ones most likely to survive.
I’m not trying to be mean, but honest.
From honest woman to inquisitive man, put on some muscle and deepen your voice. This will improve your experience with women by 25%-40%. Pronouncing your words clearly and having great posture will add an additional 5%-15% on that.
Don’t wear pants that are a shade lighter than your shirts. Never wear white pants. They make you look stumpy, making your body appear to be closer to the ground equaling shorter. Never wear white shoes, makes your feet look like flaps. Think like a tree, the bark is dark and at the bottom and the leaves are shaded light and at the top. Makes people look up. Think about it. Tell me how it works for you.

StateofMind

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

From honest woman to inquisitive man, put on some muscle and deepen your voice. This will improve your experience with women by 25%-40%. Pronouncing your words clearly and having great posture will add an additional 5%-15% on that.
Don’t wear pants that are a shade lighter than your shirts. Never wear white pants. They make you look stumpy, making your body appear to be closer to the ground equaling shorter. Never wear white shoes, makes your feet look like flaps. Think like a tree, the bark is dark and at the bottom and the leaves are shaded light and at the top. Makes people look up. Think about it. Tell me how it works for you.

Thank you!

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
On a biological and primitive level, women look for those who are more prone to survive and produce healthy, attractive, children. Survival of the species and all. We are mammals and when you look at mammals in the wild, the females of the mammals always gravitate toward the biggest and strongest. In other words, the ones most likely to survive.

Great post!! :biggrin1:

StateofMind

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Great post!! :biggrin1:

I agree with that part on some levels, but I think there's a definite disconnect between humans and other mammals. The biggest humans are not the most likely to survive at all, and survival for man has always come down to much more than physical attributes. In the modern world, it's all but meaningless. However, I do believe that primitive level of attraction is hardwired into our brains. Which is why it sucks to be short!

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I believe strongly, that in the modern era, the once desirable trait of of physical prowess, is dying if not dead. We are in a time which values wealth and social standing far beyond physical strength and size. Our sex symbols have gone from Tall Dark and Handsome to small odd and quirky (See: Johnny Depp, Bradd Pitt, Tom Cruse, James Blunt...etc).
Do you think the trait of physical prowess itself is dying or the desire for that trait is dying?

You make it seem like tall and strong men can't also be wealthy and have high social standing. If women had the choice I think they'd take all of the above.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do you think the trait of physical prowess itself is dying or the desire for that trait is dying?
I thought he meant the desire for that trait is dying. I blame that on the fashion industry. They recently decided the ideal male model should be 6'1" and 140 lbs. :yikes: I'm not for portly men but, that is just too damned skinny!

You make it seem like tall and strong men can't also be wealthy and have high social standing. If women had the choice I think they'd take all of the above.
I know I would, but those men are few and far between. I guess at this point I am willing to settle, for tall, strong, smart and not a jackass. :tongue:

B_Bette

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
My main question is, what things can I do to make up for my short stature?

Nothing. I ignore short guys. Just being honest. Everyone has personal preferences, we can call them shallow and superficial, but...WE ALL HAVE THEM. It's only shallow and superficial when we are personally being shunned for a physical trait, but when we're doing it to others it's ok, right?! LOL

StateofMind

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nothing. I ignore short guys. Just being honest. Everyone has personal preferences, we can call them shallow and superficial, but...WE ALL HAVE THEM. It's only shallow and superficial when we are personally being shunned for a physical trait, but when we're doing it to others it's ok, right?! LOL

Well you suck, but you've got a point! What I'm really curious about is how many women share your mindset.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I realize I'm not quite as short at 5'9", but from my experience, at this height most women, even those a bit taller than me, are not put off. Personality can make up for a lot, I guess!

Plus, I just like to think my height makes my cock look even bigger. ;)

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well you suck, but you've got a point! What I'm really curious about is how many women share your mindset.

Does it really matter? Are you trying to be the desire of every woman in the world? If you are, be prepared for disappointment. No man will ever achieve that. If not, chat up every girl who strikes you as hot. Many will bite, many will not. So what if Bette and I wouldn't be interested. (For the record, I do not ignore polite men, and would make you laugh and feel welcome at my table if you were nice and approached my group in a bar/lounge. But I wouldn't try to make a connection to you, and I wouldn't be attracted. Some of my friends would be though, if you're cute.) Learn to sort, and forget the ones who sort you out. You aren't looking for us anyway!

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I realize I'm not quite as short at 5'9", but from my experience, at this height most women, even those a bit taller than me, are not put off. Personality can make up for a lot, I guess!

Plus, I just like to think my height makes my cock look even bigger. ;)

I'd hit it, shorty.