Ladies, what contraception you use and why?

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Condoms and the pill. The pill is great for me. I take a very low dose and it makes all of my other female issues pretty much non-existent. I did have to search for one that didn't make me feel like a crazed she devil. Once I went on a low dose it was back to normal. Well as normal as I have ever been.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
wasn't that taken of the market? :rofl:

heehee, remember this?

the today sponge is what i use actually.

hormonal birth control throws my body out of whack. my libido goes bye bye.

condoms are good in the beginning, but after we commit to monogamy & go get tested together i prefer the sponge.

SweetLovesVick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I now use the Home Page Mirena IUD and it is the best money I ever spent. FDA first said you could only get it after you had one baby.

But now thats changed and the FDA approved Mirena for everyone w/without a baby because it helps with heavy periods like nothing else can. My OBGYN loved this ruling as they have been telling teenagers who have not even had sex yet that this could help their period problems almost totally go away. Now they are putting them in women under 19.

I would of killed for this when I was a teenager. I was so sick a hugged my toilet 2 days a month since the age of thirteen. It would of made a huge difference in my life for sure. So I urge everyone to try it. Almost all the insurance plans are paying for it. I only had to pay a $50 co-pay. If I had this as a teenager I would of saved hundreds of dollars on BC pills. Plus you also save money on not buying pads/Tampax.

The two girls next door are like me sick and craps so bad they pass out in school. The IUD took all that away for them, neither have ever had sex. They love it that they are not in pain every month and their mood swings are gone.

I only had periods the first year then they went completely away during year two till now. Mirena is good for five full years then they replace it.

Once they take it out at any time that you want you can get pregnant in as little as 6 weeks from removal. No more crazed she-devil days for me and my husband is so happy.

I loved it when he looked at my doctor and shouted where the hell was this while we dated? (my period ruined every single vacation we ever went on, even when we plotted our trips around my period it still came early and bit us in the ass).

londonhanger

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
contraceptive sponge

I've never come across these before. Their web advertising states 90% effective which is scary.

I had a sperm count of 470 million / ml (long story), and would be concerned about a partner choosing this method. I can understand the advantages of not messing with your bodies chemistry though.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Just noticed the 'and why'.

When I first started thinking about contraception at the age of 16, I knew I wanted to use something I would have a fair amount of control over. I felt uncomfortable relying on condoms alone, as they break way too often, and being a bit of a pisshead (at that time) I was worried that I would forget to use one when drunk (or not care enough to use one). Other hormonal forms of contraception weren't widely used yet, so I went straight to the pill and have never looked back.

I use condoms for casual sex, not just to protect against STDs, but also to make doubly sure I don't get pregnant. In a serious relationship the idea of getting pregnant isn't as scary, so I don't need the extra form of protection (and of course STDs become less of a problem).

I wish there was a pill for STDs as well as for contraception.

TheEqu

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I always carry a condom with me, just in case. Even if she says "im on the pill/coil/implant" I still want to use a condom. All my hook up have used (something)+condom. Last one had the implant in her arm, and it made her hormones crazy, and would burst out crying randomly. Was very offputting.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yep. It made me very tired, paranoid, cranky, emotional, but all of those to the extent that it threatened my relationships with friends and family. It caused embarrassing emotional displays in public. Anyway, that's slowly getting behind me.

I plan to chart my basal temperature daily starting with the end of my next period, so that I'll know when I ovulate, even during cycles when I can't feel it. I plan to add a sponge as birth control during my most fertile days. Because my husband has phobias associated with impregnating a woman, he needs for me to be proactive about prevention, even though he always wears a condom.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yep. It made me very tired, paranoid, cranky, emotional, but all of those to the extent that it threatened my relationships with friends and family. It caused embarrassing emotional displays in public. Anyway, that's slowly getting behind me.

I plan to chart my basal temperature daily starting with the end of my next period, so that I'll know when I ovulate, even during cycles when I can't feel it. I plan to add a sponge as birth control during my most fertile days. Because my husband has phobias associated with impregnating a woman, he needs for me to be proactive about prevention, even though he always wears a condom.
My friend had a similar problem with pills. She used to get too emotional sometimes. Mood swings and all. She cried than she laughed. But her doctor told her not to stop using the pill. He was like that`s normal when you start. And it stopped. She has no sideaffects now.

And AE I have seen you signature, same thing happens to me.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I used the copper 7 IUD and got a pelvic infection. Then I used a diaphragm and spermicide for a bit until I went on the pill to stop my insane endo symptoms. The pill dried up my periods to manageable but eventually I got high blood pressure and had to stop them. Now it's spermicide and condoms. But monogamy is a big assist with that because my partners do not insist on vaginal orgasm all that often.

Soon I will no longer be fertile!