Ladies what height do you prefer in guys ?

favorite height of guys

• 5-0 and under

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • 5-2 to 5-4

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • 5-6 to 5-8

Votes: 18 12.0%
  • 5-9 to 5-11

Votes: 24 16.0%
  • 6-0 to 6-2

Votes: 61 40.7%
  • 6-3 to 6-6

Votes: 30 20.0%
  • 6-7 to 6-10

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • 6-11 and plus

Votes: 8 5.3%

• Total voters

Runco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
There should be a short people rights movement to date whomever they want

Are you kidding? Who is stopping short people from dating much less saying who they can and can't date? Let me tell you: YOU ARE. Why? Because some short people (almost always male) are bitter and twisted about their lack of height - like you are. It is clear to me that you have a real chip on your shoulder about being short. You need to get over it because it isn't something you can change. But you know the real 'joke'? Your height has little to do with why taller women won't date you. The problem is your attitude. I am a tall woman - 6 ft in my heels. I make no apologies for it. Far from viewing short men as 'inferior' I have dated short men and I have dated tall men. BUT more than 20 years of dating has taught me to only date short men who are comfortable in their skin. I would therefore NEVER date a guy like you because you are too angry and wrapped up in your bitterness about your height. You would resent me for being tall. Somehow it would be my fault that you are shorter than me. You would be the guy who would make me wear flats, make me hunch over, stop me wearing makeup and make me dress like a frump all to stop some taller guy 'running off with me'. And all the time you would be too wrapped up in the silliness to realise it is the demands to do these things that would drive me away. Not the taller guy.

You talk about societal pressure playing a role and dictating who a woman dates. That is crap! EVOLUTION plays a far bigger role. Women are programmed to find taller men attractive. But we can overrule our programming (and frequently do) when the right guy comes along. That is why you see countless short celeb men dating tall women. Tall celeb women dating short non-celeb men. Beautiful women dating ugly guys and vice versa. What is the attraction? CONFIDENCE. Yeah, these guys are short/ugly/whatever but they don't give a fuck about that. That's attractive to a woman. The same qualities in reverse are attractive to a man. No man or woman I know would be attracted to a guy who sweepingly calls their children 'bastard offspring' because you just know this is a man who would punish the children just because their father happened to be tall. As though it were their fault that they were spawned from the loins of a tall guy.

I think you are outrageous to make the comments that you do about the kids. First, you don't know that those children are "bastards". I have a child and I was married to his father. My son is therefore no "bastard". Second, relationships break down for all sorts of reasons so do not assume that "tall men spread their seed then abandon their kids" (I have never heard such tosh. For a start, short men do it too). Third, you do not know that those children have been abandoned by their fathers. When relationships break down, most of the time it is because the man and the woman cannot live together. It rarely has anything to do with the children. When a woman comes to you she is not necessarily looking for a 'sucker' to take on her 'brats'. She is looking for companionship. You turn it into some sort of contest by comparing yourself unfavorably to her previous mate on something as irrelevant as height. I bet you when the woman comes to you, height is not on HER list of things to discuss. That is because the height thing is your issue. It isn't hers and it isn't the child's.

If you want to snare a taller woman you really need to check your bitterness and attitude at the door. No way would I want to check into the darkseid hotel any time soon (read: never) because I can just hear the anger and bitterness in your posts. And that is so NOT attractive.

D_lkjhgfdsa1234

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Are you kidding? Who is stopping short people from dating much less saying who they can and can't date? Let me tell you: YOU ARE. Why? Because some short people (almost always male) are bitter and twisted about their lack of height - like you are.

Yes, and for good reason. Your preferences have become a prejudice and short males are treated like dirt in this society.

It is clear to me that you have a real chip on your shoulder about being short. You need to get over it because it isn't something you can change. But you know the real 'joke'? Your height has little to do with why taller women won't date you. The problem is your attitude.

Not always, in a group of girls, I find that there is always a leader in the group that pulls the girl I have an interest in away from me even if she wants to continue a conversation with me and then points out that I am too short. As I stated before, it is not that individual girl's problem, it is peer pressure and societal brainwashing. I know women are individuals as much as men are and do find exceptions to the rule but most give into peer pressure.

I am a tall woman - 6 ft in my heels. I make no apologies for it. Far from viewing short men as 'inferior' I have dated short men and I have dated tall men. BUT more than 20 years of dating has taught me to only date short men who are comfortable in their skin.

More power to you as not too many women think the way you do about shorter men.

I would therefore NEVER date a guy like you because you are too angry and wrapped up in your bitterness about your height.

No, I am happy about my height and have approached women with confidence. I don't feel resentment toward anyone, nor myself but I only speak my opinion on things and I speak my mind, maybe too much. But I speak from my own life experience.

You would resent me for being tall. Somehow it would be my fault that you are shorter than me. You would be the guy who would make me wear flats, make me hunch over, stop me wearing makeup and make me dress like a frump all to stop some taller guy 'running off with me'. And all the time you would be too wrapped up in the silliness to realise it is the demands to do these things that would drive me away. Not the taller guy.

I would not resent you for being taller than me nor will I make you hunch over. In fact when I was dating the taller woman, I felt I have put one over on society and even thumbed my nose at starers but I felt the resentment when her friends and family asked her what she was doing with such a short guy like myself. Even if this is jokingly, it is still offensive. It was not I that felt self-conscious, it was she. She broke up with me and dated a 6'2" dude, although still shorter than she who is 6'10" with heels or 6'4" without, he was at least 6' tall. If she dated someone in the 5 foot range then I know that the height wasn't an issue but she found someone who was 6 feet!!
If you were dating me, by all means wear your heels, stand up straight, and be proud to be tall just as I am proud of being short. I don't want humped back woman with future back problems anyway. And what is this fear of having to give in? Not all short men feel this way. I just don't want the preference to become a prejudice.

You talk about societal pressure playing a role and dictating who a woman dates. That is crap! EVOLUTION plays a far bigger role. Women are programmed to find taller men attractive.

You are right, women are programmed- BRAINWASHED that is by society!!! If I were a moose who fought a bigger moose and had much more experience in fighting and won, I would be the one with the female. It is not the bigger moose that wins the girl but the better one.

But we can overrule our programming (and frequently do) when the right guy comes along. That is why you see countless short celeb men dating tall women. Tall celeb women dating short non-celeb men. Beautiful women dating ugly guys and vice versa. What is the attraction? CONFIDENCE. Yeah, these guys are short/ugly/whatever but they don't give a fuck about that. That's attractive to a woman.

What is this, I must become a celebrity to snag a tall woman? That shouldn't be a requirement of women. Be careful of setting standards too high my friend, or you'll get yourself in a messy situation.

The same qualities in reverse are attractive to a man. No man or woman I know would be attracted to a guy who sweepingly calls their children 'bastard offspring' because you just know this is a man who would punish the children just because their father happened to be tall. As though it were their fault that they were spawned from the loins of a tall guy.

I know I seem like a jerk for this but I nor some guys are not ready to jump into fatherhood, especially with kids from taller (or shorter which is rarer), guys loins just because you decided to mate with one but couldn't get the dude to be a father.

I think you are outrageous to make the comments that you do about the kids. First, you don't know that those children are "bastards". I have a child and I was married to his father. My son is therefore no "bastard". Second, relationships break down for all sorts of reasons so do not assume that "tall men spread their seed then abandon their kids" (I have never heard such tosh. For a start, short men do it too). Third, you do not know that those children have been abandoned by their fathers. When relationships break down, most of the time it is because the man and the woman cannot live together. It rarely has anything to do with the children. When a woman comes to you she is not necessarily looking for a 'sucker' to take on her 'brats'. She is looking for companionship. You turn it into some sort of contest by comparing yourself unfavorably to her previous mate on something as irrelevant as height. I bet you when the woman comes to you, height is not on HER list of things to discuss. That is because the height thing is your issue. It isn't hers and it isn't the child's.

You got me on this one, but please don't answer ads of guys that aren't ready for fatherhood if they clearly state it or that can be mistaken as an alterior motive. I would suggest dating other single dads for companionship or asking if he minds having "extra" kids. Remember also that there are other guys like me and if you keep the kid, you narrow your choices of men. Of course it will weed out "bitter, short, non-dads" like myself. I want kids but I want to take care of my own and I do blame the deadbeat dad for this but he should be the one taking responsibility for his own.

If you want to snare a taller woman you really need to check your bitterness and attitude at the door. No way would I want to check into the darkseid hotel any time soon (read: never) because I can just hear the anger and bitterness in your posts. And that is so NOT attractive.

Most short guys do not speak their minds because they bottle it up inside and are silenced by society. But I come forward and speak what is on my mind and bluntly. I do not like to bottle up my emotions and give into societal pressures but I like to speak up against them if I know they are wrong. And shortness as a non-preference is as bad as being Black or Asian as a non-preference. It is especially prejudice if this sentiment is shared by almost all women and that's what makes it wrong.
My bluntness in general is unattractive and I do tend to piss people off but I have no problems speaking my mind and also I speak for those who I talked with that feels the same way but don't have the courage to say it. If I don't say the truth then who would? Let's just say I have big balls and that even got me fired from a job because I told the boss that she was a poor manager that didn't know the job and I told her boss that he had no experience supervising people and that he was just a spoiled brat that came straight out of college while I and my colleagues worked our way up. Everyone else in the office hated the supervisors and felt the same way but the only difference is that I spoke up for them and I fould a new job also. If I had not the bluntness, I would not speak up for people. Yes, I am angry and bitter but I am angry and bitter for all shorter male people. I bet if you were to be in my shoes, you would feel the same way too.
As far as companionship, I was piss off that I couldn't enjoy the companionship with the offspring in the way. There are certain things I want to do before the step of fatherhood that should be accomplished in courtship. You should look at it from the guys' perspective in that it isn't fair that he has to support a child that is not form his loins and the ones that do step up to the plate deserves more credit than he gets from society.

Last edited:

D_lkjhgfdsa1234

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I just need some high heels then

With heels, we would be the same height. But remember, with me, I don't discriminate with height so if you like heels, by all means wear them, but if you think they are uncomfortable, wear non-heeled. I am all about choice and free thinking and speech and I have exercised my free speech in my lengthy posts.

Runco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Not always, in a group of girls, I find that there is always a leader in the group that pulls the girl I have an interest in away from me even if she wants to continue a conversation with me and then points out that I am too short. As I stated before, it is not that individual girl's problem, it is peer pressure and societal brainwashing. I know women are individuals as much as men are and do find exceptions to the rule but most give into peer pressure.
Not being rude but I wonder how young these women are! As a grown woman I would never tell a friend not to go with a man just because he is short. I might tell her not to go with him because he is a shit or an asshole but not because he is short. If a girl really likes you, I doubt she would even listen to something this silly. If a girl allows herself to be swayed away from you, it has happened because she wanted to be swayed, not because her friend told her anything.
I don't feel resentment toward anyone, nor myself but I only speak my opinion on things and I speak my mind, maybe too much. But I speak from my own life experience.
Actually, you seem to resent the fact that tall men tend to get the girls! But I find your attitude very 'glass half empty' instead of 'glass half full'. There are still plenty of girls out there, some of whom will be interested in a shorter guy! I tend to speak my mind too and what I will say here is there is speaking your mind and there is being a complete ass about an issue. Or, should I say, a non-issue. You are the first person I have come across with this huge resentment towards women who prefer tall guys or who have had kids with taller guys (thus creating the 'family' that you do not want). And you talk about the kids in a disgusting way.
What is this, I must become a celebrity to snag a tall woman? That shouldn't be a requirement of women.
If you read what I said, I talked about short non-celeb men hooking up with tall celeb women and various permutations of that. In no way did I say you have to be a celeb to hook a tall woman. But I do think you need a better attitude.
I know I seem like a jerk for this but I nor some guys are not ready to jump into fatherhood, especially with kids from taller (or shorter which is rarer), guys loins just because you decided to mate with one but couldn't get the dude to be a father.
Oh please! There are plenty of shorter guys out there who are deadbeat dads. It isn't a height issue! The issue is about feckless men in general but you seem to be confusing two issues here. And funnily enough, you don't hear taller guys bitching about taking on the offspring of shorter guys when this happens (as it does). I wonder why? They don't bitch because they know it is not a height issue.
You should look at it from the guys' perspective in that it isn't fair that he has to support a child that is not form his loins and the ones that do step up to the plate deserves more credit than he gets from society.
You got me on this one, but please don't answer ads of guys that aren't ready for fatherhood if they clearly state it or that can be mistaken as an alterior motive. I would suggest dating other single dads for companionship or asking if he minds having "extra" kids.
Given your age, if you are going for women in their thirties (or even in their late twenties), there is a better than even chance that the woman is going to have a child (or even kids) in tow. If this is an issue, surely the easy thing to do is to just tell the woman you are not interested and walk away? Why does there have to be this big drama of resentment-filled posts about it? I accept that if I hook up with a guy now, there is a good chance that he will have children. I would be happy to accept that. If you want the man, what can you do about it? The kids are part of the package.

If you wanted a woman without kids, you should have married earlier - or you can choose a very young woman with very little exposure to life and men to marry in the future. If you want the woman and she happens to have kids, you are agreeing to have the kids too - and that might include supporting them or playing the role of daddy. This isn't a case of the 'short man filling the deadbeat tall guy's shoes'. The issue is not one of height. Millions of men the world over - tall and short - take on kids that are not theirs all the time. You don't hear them bitching about the absent father's height! And he could be tall or short and no, a short absent father is not 'rare'. Not at all.

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
With heels, we would be the same height. But remember, with me, I don't discriminate with height so if you like heels, by all means wear them, but if you think they are uncomfortable, wear non-heeled. I am all about choice and free thinking and speech and I have exercised my free speech in my lengthy posts.

Well, anything but nude makes me uncomfortable :tongue:

D_lkjhgfdsa1234

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Not being rude but I wonder how young these women are! As a grown woman I would never tell a friend not to go with a man just because he is short. I might tell her not to go with him because he is a shit or an asshole but not because he is short. If a girl really likes you, I doubt she would even listen to something this silly. If a girl allows herself to be swayed away from you, it has happened because she wanted to be swayed, not because her friend told her anything.

Given your age, if you are going for women in their thirties (or even in their late twenties), there is a better than even chance that the woman is going to have a child (or even kids) in tow. If this is an issue, surely the easy thing to do is to just tell the woman you are not interested and walk away? Why does there have to be this big drama of resentment-filled posts about it? I accept that if I hook up with a guy now, there is a good chance that he will have children. I would be happy to accept that. If you want the man, what can you do about it? The kids are part of the package.

If you wanted a woman without kids, you should have married earlier - or you can choose a very young woman with very little exposure to life and men to marry in the future. If you want the woman and she happens to have kids, you are agreeing to have the kids too - and that might include supporting them or playing the role of daddy. This isn't a case of the 'short man filling the deadbeat tall guy's shoes'. The issue is not one of height. Millions of men the world over - tall and short - take on kids that are not theirs all the time. You don't hear them bitching about the absent father's height! And he could be tall or short and no, a short absent father is not 'rare'. Not at all.

Actually this is a catch 22. I am trying to find a woman without kids in their 20s yet the 20 year olds want taller guys and do hold these prejudices. I have not had a chance at marriage because women want the "bigger, better, deal". Bigger also meant taller which was unfortunate for me.

Actually, you seem to resent the fact that tall men tend to get the girls! But I find your attitude very 'glass half empty' instead of 'glass half full'. There are still plenty of girls out there, some of whom will be interested in a shorter guy! I tend to speak my mind too and what I will say here is there is speaking your mind and there is being a complete ass about an issue. Or, should I say, a non-issue. You are the first person I have come across with this huge resentment towards women who prefer tall guys or who have had kids with taller guys (thus creating the 'family' that you do not want). And you talk about the kids in a disgusting way.

It is half empty if what I hear from height queens are insults from the group leader. Yes, I do hear these immature insults from even 40 year olds. I do not retract what I say about height queens and since you are not one of them and have dated shorter men, this does not apply to you. I do speak of the peer and family pressure to date tall men.

Oh please! There are plenty of shorter guys out there who are deadbeat dads. It isn't a height issue! The issue is about feckless men in general but you seem to be confusing two issues here. And funnily enough, you don't hear taller guys bitching about taking on the offspring of shorter guys when this happens (as it does). I wonder why? They don't bitch because they know it is not a height issue.

Then again, most dudes are taller than 5'5" and there would be more dudes I deem tall because now 5'6" is tall in my eyes. Of course there may be guys who are 4' who are deadbeat arses also and I blame them as much as the tall dudes that took away my fiancees. I am prejudice against tall dudes from my life experience and that doesn't make it right but being prejudice against short dudes just because they are short and they've done nothing wrong is worse prejudice. Now I don't hate all tall guys because not all of them did what these other taller guys did to me. I think any deadbeat dad is wrong, tall or short. But most of them are taller than me at least.

Runco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Then again, most dudes are taller than 5'5" and there would be more dudes I deem tall because now 5'6" is tall in my eyes.
If 5ft 6in is tall in your eyes, how tall are you?

Runco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

I don't live in Brooklyn so I don't know how things stand over there. What I will say is I know shorter guys get taller women over here in England (where I live) and in the West Indies (where my family hails from). It has happened a lot in my family. I am very tall compared to all the other women in my family and almost all the men. No one knows why but I am a good 10 inches taller than my mother and my sisters and I was three inches taller than my late father. My issue is I feel like a carthorse next to other women and I tower over most of the men around me, particularly at work. I see them looking at me from head to toe and and back again and I can almost hear them commenting on how tall I am! As though to be tall is unfeminine. This thing works both ways. A lot of tall men want their women to be shorter and feminine looking so taller women can sometimes have a hard time dating taller men too.