Ladies, what is more important in a relationship?

vibratingfinger

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I'm not talking about one nighters. In a serious relationship must both of these conditions be met in order to have a healthy sex life? Are both necessary? Is one more important than the other?

Needing him to satisfy your desires
and/or
Feeling needed and desired by him

guys can respond too.

WildHoney

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For me feeling needed and desired makes me feel sexy, which then makes me feel like sex. So I would say that, feeling needed and desired is a priority for me -

Then you better satisfy my sexual appetite and desires, or I'll boot your arse outta bed.

xx

Honey

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Actually yes, both are important to me. But if I were 'forced' to choose one or the other, it would be to be needed and desired by him. I can satisfy myself if I have to, and had done for a very long time til recently.
In a very long committed relationship, I think satisfying the needs of the partner becomes more of a priority than our own pleasure, just part of a natural progression of agape love. Thats how I see it anyway. :tongue:

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It's like relationship Yin and Yang. One goes with the other.

I'd like to add on to this and also ask...

Do you think waiting to have sex builds a stronger long term relationship?

waiting till....?
I think getting to know someone before having sex makes a difference to the relationship dynamics, and a more informed choice about sex CAN lead to a stronger long term relationship, as it is based less on lust/infatuation and more on things that produce stronger relationships, such as trust and respect and liking each other's company, yeah?
That said, there are many examples, including some among the members here, of folks who jumped right in to sex, and 20 or 30 years later are still happy together. IMO, they got really lucky, and/or they have worked hard together to make their relationship strong and long lasting. :smile: