Ladies, what's your favorite scent on a man?

roosevelt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
benderten,

Yes, it seems that apparently some men in my generation may well be re-appying scents throughout the day before meeting clients, customers or perspectives in general, I discovered this when riding with a friend who had no less than 8 different bottles of cologne in his car, he explained theat each bottle was for meeting different people, and that some scents masked sweat and body odor better than others.

I was stunned. I admit my friend claims to be "metro" and therefore into fashion (something I'm not so much into) and keeping up with the times etc....

perhaps I should simply stick with my old stuff, and hope that it's good enough.

I did get complimented on my smell at a lunch date today, so....

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can't wear colognes anymore, whatever they make it with really messes with my sinus and lymphatic system, even skin that has been shaven. I like the scent and softness though of those fabric softener sheets that are used to dry your clothes with, but that's on the fabric and don't react adversley with me.

Drakkar, Polo, Old Spice, Grey Flannel and Jovan "Man" (from the late 70's/early 80's) were some of those bought and tried. Now adays I go with a clean soap that gets the body oils off, very clean scent. If I use the cologne, rather than spray on the skin, I'll spritz the clothes in key areas.

Bryan_Lyte2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Keep in mind it's not what we as guys like to wear, It's what the ladies like, and aparently they love the smell of a gormet chef, ether that or a guy wo like to wear his salad. Either way, the ladies seem to like the natural scents, (or are trying to mess with as many guys heads as possible) but not the natural look, go figure.
:cool:

capcraz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My girlfriend has recommended several different scents, Tommy (original), Candy's for men, and Polo Blue. I don't mind them, but I think they're better when worn down a bit, they can be somewhat strong at first. But I get compliments at work all the time from ladies about smelling good, and I work retail so I see a lot of people. I personally hate all that woodsy stuff, it makes me feel like I'm wearing one of those evergreen tree car things around my neck all day. :rolleyes:

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dolce and Gabanna BY
Channel Platinum
Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
and good old fashioned Kouros

I have recently been experimenting by wearing more than one - BY and Le Male together smell fantastic.

Pirate Wench

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Stronzo !!

I Soo agree with you !! .....
Egoiste original is awesome....some sort of a hint of a pipe tobacco store.
Egoiste Platinum shouldn't exist....they ruined it.

I also love "Individuel" (their spelling) by Montblanc.
They should have named that one "Just Do Me".
:wink:

Also love the smell of leather and burning wood.

roosevelt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, I was shopping with a nice young lady today, and as we walked by the cologne counter, she pointed and said; "Mmm, that one smells soooo good"

She was unaware of my current plight to find a suitable scent, so I bought it on the spot.

It was "Cool Water"

I'm having dinner tonight with the same young woman... so we'll see how it all goes...

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Bryan_Lyte2 said:
Keep in mind it's not what we as guys like to wear, It's what the ladies like, and aparently they love the smell of a gormet chef, ether that or a guy wo like to wear his salad. Either way, the ladies seem to like the natural scents, (or are trying to mess with as many guys heads as possible) but not the natural look, go figure.
:cool:

Agreed, like I said, I go with no scent, what was thrown out and tried was a fragrance suggested by a woman at that particular time. I won't even buy that crap, what I have are gifts from women that wanted to scent me down. Maybe they were trying to mark their territory that way. Make me wear whatever it was they wanted to smell.

The other day I was talking with a woman who didn't think her feet smelled, well, they do, but wth, everyone's feet smell funky, I don't mind that stench, she's a hottie. Some can get away with it, others, well, it's just another reason to disqualify them from the mating game.

davidistoobig

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Acqua Di Gio (sp?)

Coolwater

He (by Armani)

Axe bodyspray (probably my favorite)

Old Spice

I like cologne because it smells like MAN.

I hate when men smell like leather, beer, b.o. or (worst of all) speedstick deodorant.

Gekko

Just Browsing
Media
For scent impaired:

Nothing with citrus tones. Depending on your body chemistry that citrus tone can turn a bit off and smell more like Ben-gay than sexy. So unless you have the chemistry to pull it off, STAY AWAY!

Florals are bit silly on men, but a hint of floral in a complex blend can balance out a fragrance. Just avoid blatently floral scents.

Spices, musks, moss, are classics. Sub-conciously they invoke a sense of "manliness". Just be careful with them, they are very strong scents and can easily overpower you, the room, the city block you are currently on. These scents blend with the man's natual smell quite nicely and ultimately every man will smell just a bit different, making a scent their very own.

Synthetic fragrances have gained quite the popularity these days, things that make you think of the ocean or breezy mountaintops. They have a clean crisp scent that most women find appealing. Synthetic oils do tend to stay "truer" on the body not lending themselves to blending with the person's natural scent. If the combination is right, WOW! If the body oil and scent oil are not a good match, it's enough to make one's eyes water.

Interestingly enough, most women gravitate to the smell of "clean" man and the smell of a guy who has just come in from breaking a light sweat. Great article from a grad student at UAB. The #1 scent picked by women was (drum roll please), Irish Spring soap. No kidding! Second was plain old guy smell, third was Old Spice. They studied 100 different perfumes and smells, and the top three were the classics.

WhiteAnacondar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've heard AXE mentioned a few times by the ladies...which AXE do you like? KILO is my favorite.

I've been using Dolce & Gabana cologne...anyone have experience with this? Thanks!

WildHoney

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Suzie you got my vote too I LOVE angel for men ...yummy...as is Jean Paul Gautier ( sc) and cool water. I love men who smell nice !

:smile:
WildHoney

dolf250

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
roosevelt said:
Old spice? really? damn.... never would have seen that one coming
I was happy to hear that. I am still somewhat “old fashioned” and do not really care to keep up with the trends. When I shave I still use soap and a brush, so I just add a drop or two of old spice to the leather. It is very subtle and I do not reek afterward (read I can be in an elevator without others dropping passed out at my feet overcome by cologne.) I have been tempted to try “bay rum” aftershave.

Lonely Girl

Just Browsing
Media
My Boyfreind has a large Cologne collection,my favs are "New West" and "Polo Black"
we have had women come up and ask what he is wearing a few times. when he wears the New West,and also Kenneth cole.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
I threw on some cologne just to see what would happen. I got no fewer than 6 compliments on how nice I smelled.

I recommend you boys try BOSS, by Hugo Boss:rolleyes: It has a pretty decent sucess rate with me, today.

I think it was daverock who mentioned it... If you can get a partner whose smell combines with yours... you are set.:rolleyes: