ladies, when dating how much do you feel the guy should pay....

blacktightfit

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would say that if you asked her out, you should pay for the first date. You don't have to break the bank, but I would be offended if someone invited me to dinner and then decided to tell me I was paying for my own. I would assume they were turned off by me. I would say meet for coffee or do a picnic as a low cost way to have a first date without offending your date. I can't imagine women calling you back after that. Now if you guys have been going out for a while, that is different. Sometimes you should pay, sometimes she should pay, but if you ask, you pay.

for dinner/dates etc........
when i first start dating i like to do 50/50 to make sure the girl isnt sticking around as a gold digger. ive notice it tends to scare a few women off.......i dont know if this is good or bad, but my guest is if i shelled out money to a couple of women they would of stuck around to use me....

am i being cheap, can i be losing good women by doing 50/50?

ladies what is fair?

blacktightfit

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Where are you going to dinner where $25 pays for two people. You can't even do that at Chili's can you? No girl expects expensive dinners at each and every date, but if money is that tight that $25 is a lot of money to you, maybe you should focus on budgeting or obtaining a better job, not dating.

The fact that you can even think this way is actually the problem with society in general.

I would NEVER pay $50 or more for a dinner, let alone a first date or even a 10th date. I would never pay more than $25 for dinner and 80%+ of men can't even afford this type of continuous expense in the first place.

The phrase: "Gold digger" comes to mind but the reality of the situation is that you're more of a "spoiled and immature child" than a gold digger. No wonder you complain about how you can't get a man on the forum. Grow up and stop expecting things to just be provided for you.

For the gold diggers of the group: search "date a millionaire"

ranredd

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In a society that says the man asks the woman on the date, the argument cannot be made whoever does the asking does the paying.

Just sayin.

It seems like this point was over-looked the most.....

1. The odds are stacked in the fact that the guy has to pay because the guy also is expected to ask. Obviously the female isn't the one asking for the date (very seldom this happens... i'm talking 5-10% tops)

2. For women to expect this is just out of hand. I had this conversation at a diner just last night. Women want to get paid equal the way a man does. But on the otherhand, a woman EXPECTS a man to make more money. Those two views can NEVER co-exist.

3. For members of BOTH sexes, when you call up your friends and say "wanna go get something to eat" how often do you pick up the WHOLE tab? Occasionally I do (similar to buying rounds of drinks) but occasionally and when I feel like it. Women do the same with their friends (or even less, because most just split the bill) You don't call them cheap, and you certainly don't think they think less of you as a friend. But somehow the dynamic changes when you get into dating/relationships.

Somewhere along the lines, I agree with one post where it was a spoiled aspect. Nothing says spoiled like wanting your cake and eating it too, which is exactly what goes on everyday.

P.S. Let's try to keep this debate subject oriented and not name-calling and cheap and crap like that.

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Call me old fashioned... no woman in my company has ever paid for anything. She's my guest on our adventure together.

Last edited:

ranredd

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Call me old fashioned... no woman in my company has ever paid for anything.

Aka, spoiling.......

Now I wouldn't mind the spoiling aspect of things either, if AGAIN it was reciprocated. We spoil in terms of money, and they spoil in other ways. But that doesn't happen either. The typical attitude towards it all is, "well you should do it because you want to (although i'm expecting it)" and then when it comes to men it's "I'll do what I feel like when I feel like" lol All hypocrisy if you ask me. (which nobody did)

Amber1

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Well,

I like chivalry....I think it's right and proper.

I think men should treat women like ladies, take them out nice places etc,etc.

However, I also think it's relevant to how much money each person is earning....I mean if a guy was making a fortune and a girl didn't you could hardly expect the girl to pay or 'go dutch' could you??

And I have heard about quite a few situations where a woman who earns well is willing to pay for an man who doesn't.

Which brings me to the recent rise of the 'SugarMommy' with their Sugarbabyboys (if u like), not a situation that I would ever be comfortable with
but......

Oh lastly I dnt think it is tasteful to make nasty remarks about a womans vagina when arguing over whether boys/girls should pay for dinner by the way....Standards!!???

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Aka, spoiling.......

Now I wouldn't mind the spoiling aspect of things either, if AGAIN it was reciprocated. We spoil in terms of money, and they spoil in other ways. But that doesn't happen either. The typical attitude towards it all is, "well you should do it because you want to (although i'm expecting it)" and then when it comes to men it's "I'll do what I feel like when I feel like" lol All hypocrisy if you ask me. (which nobody did)

I don't view it as spoiling, really. It's more of a "role" for me. It comes from my old South upbringing of what a man is. Our mothers in the South raised us to treat our women like they were treated and so on. Its a long, proud tradition that our grandmothers called, courting.

Men demonstrate during this courting that they are willing and able to provide for them. Likewise, women demonstrate that they're good southern women and consummate caregivers. Its quite an interesting spectacle to behold, really.

Now, more modern women may be put off by this type of courtship and want to break the traditions before them, but if they really reflect back on it, how's that been working for them? I don't think there is anything wrong with the traditional southern approach. It doesn't work for everyone, but for the women I am attracted to, its a great starting point.

ranredd

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well,

I like chivalry....I think it's right and proper.

I think men should treat women like ladies, take them out nice places etc,etc. (But don't think women should treat men like men? if there is such a thing anymore?)

However, I also think it's relevant to how much money each person is earning....I mean if a guy was making a fortune and a girl didn't you could hardly expect the girl to pay or 'go dutch' could you?? (i 100% agree with you)

And I have heard about quite a few situations where a woman who earns well is willing to pay for an man who doesn't.

Which brings me to the recent rise of the 'SugarMommy' with their Sugarbabyboys (if u like), not a situation that I would ever be comfortable with (lol but you're comfortable with the other way around? there's that hypocrisy thing again)
but......

Oh lastly I dnt think it is tasteful to make nasty remarks about a womans vagina when arguing over whether boys/girls should pay for dinner by the way....Standards!!??? (Yeah it's completely irrelevant and makes for poor debating)

I just want to get to the bottom of this arguement. I have yet to speak to ANYONE that has come up with why it should be the way it is. Until then..........DUTCHIES FOR EVERYONE!!! LOL

Amber1

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

R.E: Treating Men like men.

On the contrary I've no problems with treating a man like a man!! ;-)

R.E: SugarMommies/Daddies

To be honest I wouldn't want a MUCH older man!! I like guys arond my own age...there is a margin, but I'm NO hypocrite....well at least not a MAJOR one!! lol :)