Ladies, when you're in public...

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by LemacST, Apr 20, 2008.

1. LemacST

Gold Member

and you see an attractive guy check you out, what exactly do you do to show mutual interest?

Also, odd exceptions aside (for example, you have a boyfriend with you, you're on your way to something and can't talk, etc.), how would you want to be approached (if you'd even want to)? What do you think would be a good ice breaker?

I am asking for all men here. It seems we're either too shy (the weird, gawking type), or too strong (the hollerin' type). What would be the "perfect" way to be approached?

If I get answers here before I leave the house today, I will even try to put them into affect once I'm out lol.

Guys, feel free to share your own experiences on what works too.

2. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

There is no perfect way to be approached.

It is, I guess, the cheesiest answer in the world, but it happens to be true - the best way to be approached is naturally. If a guy is awkward and clearly trying to impress that's a turn off. If a guy is brash and appears to consider himself impressive that's a turn off. If a guy talks to me like a human being then he is at least worthy of consideration.

All of this is academic for me as I have someone and don't intend to go elsewhere, but it is still nice to be seen as attractive by other people. If I am talking to a man or woman and I see them glancing at my, um, attributes :wink: I quite like that. Staring is bad of course - but being subtly checked out while being conversed with as an equal is what I consider as the best way someone could approach me. And that's what I do with others - that and open body language. If I really like someone I make sure I turn towards them, don't cross my hands / arms across my body, don't fidget, etc. - and I think I respond well to that too.

3. teaseme76

teaseme76 Member

If you want a guy to apprach you, it's very simple: SMILE.

4. StraightCock4Her

StraightCock4Her New Member

Smile & look a few times, maybe stare wantingly.

Maybe just rip off all your clothes and get one off while staring at his eyes.

Maybe that last one is a bit off the mark but you get what I'm saying. Most guys are pussies. They won't approach a girl if they don't show them at least a clear sign they are approachable.

5. Mongo

Mongo Active Member

Maybe slightly off topic, but I recently read about some scientific study that showed that men often are bad at intepreting signals from women; we tend to think they are flirting when they are just being 'friendly', and we tend to think they are just being friendly when they are actually flirting..

I often wonder what that little smile and eyecontact from girls I'm just passing by etc means.. (Not saying it happens all the time, btw) But I like to intepret it as 'I like you' for my self esteem's sake. :wink:

6. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

This is very true.
    I do smile, seem friendly and guys do approach me.

However, not all do so in a "good" way. I think the best way is to be genuine. Show an actual interest in whatever you're talking about and engage her in the conversation. Easiest thing, if reading, ask what she's likes about the book. Or cell phones, I have so many conversations about PDAs and shared problems. :smile:

Just seem comfortable with talking, be yourself (the real you is good!), smile, ask open ended questions and respect her personal space. Most importantly, if there's a connection, give her your number and have it ready to give, don't ask for hers. Also, know when to end the conversation and don't linger unless she asks.

Good luck!

7. PakiHotWife

PakiHotWife New Member

Smiling and maybe a little eye contact too, followed by some funny flirting if we can strike up a conversation. If a guy still can't figure out that I am interested in him, then i dont think he ever will.

8. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't drop subtle hints. If I'm interested, I'll go for him. I'd rather approach him, even at the risk of rejection. I don't like it as much if he approaches me. On occasion, a man has approached me, and the minute one of his friends distracts him, I disappear. I feel very nervous and out of my element if a man hits on me, though very, very flattered.

Draft saved Draft deleted