Ladies would a guy having alopecia stop you from dating him

Jojo51623

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If he doesn't have eyebrows or underarm hair she's gonna wonder.

I have eyebrows actually. I use to not but they started to come up about a year ago. I also had my eye lashes grow in at about 18 years old. Arm pit hair I do have a little bit of, but not as much as most guys get. I have no arm, leg or chest hair at all. I could probably get away without telling people I have as I have in the past with friends and girls. However I feel better being honest with them and showing confidence about the condition. One girl I met knew me for almost 6 months before telling her. She asked if I shaved my arms so I was just honest with her and told her about my condition. She didn't care at all. In fact she started flirting with me more after she found out.

Last edited:

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
This may help you.

I was in a serious relationship with a woman who had alopecia totalis. This means no hair at all on her head, sparse hair elsewhere (though like you she did have pubic hair and thin eyebrows and very sparse underarm hair).

I was always physically attracted to her. When we first dated I figured out she was wearing a wig. Eventually she was comfortable not wearing it around me, which actually showed me she trusted me deeply.

Unfortunately the alopecia caused body image insecurity of the deepest and saddest kind. It manifested as anorexia, which is what eventually led to our seperating. I tried to help her, but it just didn't happen.

My point is that the alopecia itself did not affect my attraction to her negatively. Moreover it actually made us a bit closer. However, her body image issues, which in part stemmed from the alopecia, did negatively impact us.

Jojo51623

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This may help you.

I was in a serious relationship with a woman who had alopecia totalis. This means no hair at all on her head, sparse hair elsewhere (though like you she did have pubic hair and thin eyebrows and very sparse underarm hair).

I was always physically attracted to her. When we first dated I figured out she was wearing a wig. Eventually she was comfortable not wearing it around me, which actually showed me she trusted me deeply.

Unfortunately the alopecia caused body image insecurity of the deepest and saddest kind. It manifested as anorexia, which is what eventually led to our seperating. I tried to help her, but it just didn't happen.

My point is that the alopecia itself did not affect my attraction to her negatively. Moreover it actually made us a bit closer. However, her body image issues, which in part stemmed from the alopecia, did negatively impact us.

Makes sense. Very interesting story man. The thing about alopecia is, it's said that it does hurt your confidence which a lot of people don't know. If you read up on it, it says the people with it have a harder time being confident but that is really the key I guess. I have learned not to mention it the first day I meet a girl which I use to often do being afraid that she would wonder why I shaved my head and not like my appearance.

I have been more confident as of late and I can tell it's helping and doing wonders for me. While I am still single I notice a lot more women taking a liking to me once they get to know me and I also notice more women checking me out in public.