Ladies" would you marry a gay guy ?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by D_Relentless Original, May 2, 2008.

1. D_Relentless Original

Albums:
    Question for the ladies
    Would you marry a gay guy ? reason i am asking is a girl whom i work with is marrying her partner, they have a daughter but he is openly gay also, just wondering what the census would be.
    Also my cool mate who is female has asked me why she cannot find a straight version of me, she has also suggested that we get together and have our own sex partners, what are your views ?

2. Principessa

Gold Member

3. D_Relentless Original

Albums:

4. Principessa

Gold Member

5. No_Strings

Gold Member

What if a homosexual man and a heterosexual woman love each other and intend to be together forever?

6. DGirl

Gold Member

Hell, Star Jones did..I now she HAD to know that he was GAY!! Hell, her friends and the WHOLE world KNEW but she did NOT? :eek:
    So did Terry McMillan, but she had no clue that he was gay.

7. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I suppose they had an idea but never looked at themselves or the guy and asked the question. Many people marry not just for love, but for hope.

8. D_Relentless Original

Albums:

9. Principessa

Gold Member

That is the same question the OP asked and my answer would still be, 'no.' I don't believe in open marriages. I don't believe the union, which he or you suggest would be satisfying to both parties in the long term. :redface:

10. Ms.Teacher

Ms.Teacher New Member

I wouldn't see any point in marrying a gay man. Your friends had a daughter together. It doesn't mean they have to be married. They can be best friends and co-parents.

I don't see the point of you two getting together only to have other sex partners. She may be one of those women who thinks since you have so much in common together, you would be willing to change your desire for men into a desire for her. This has been going on a lot lately with women who are frustrated with straight men.

11. D_Relentless Original

Albums:

12. D_Relentless Original

Albums:
    Good Point

13. snoozan

Gold Member

There's one member I'd love to see weigh in on this because he actually has experience with what the OP is asking about. I don't know that it would be something many people could do because of the various emotional and practical concerns of being primarily sexually attracted to people other than your spouse. It just sounds like a logistical and emotional nightmare. N_S, I appreciate your point about wanting to be together forever and loving each other, but since that's the intention and not the result for over 50% of married couples, I take a more pragmatic view. Obviously, it's up to the couple to do as they see fit, but I think it would present challenges harder than a traditional relationship and I'm a little skeptical.

14. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Could be better than some straight unions. We tend to think that if a crack whore and a pimp get together and have children, which then feed themselves out of the trash can, that's okay because that is a nature intended.

In my never humble opinion it's all relative.

15. D_Ivana Dickenside

D_Ivana Dickenside New Member

i honestly don't believe marrying a gay man would work out for me. hypothetically speaking, if i can't have sex with my husband what's the point in being married to him? if i ever get married i only want to get married once and that's it.

16. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

I'm not sure, maybe not 100% gay - depends on the situation and person. But, if I could live like a modern day Vita Sackville-West, sure.

When and if I get married, it will be for life. So, I am open to desires changing over that period, and an open marriage is a definite possibility. Although, I’m not certain I want it to begin under that condition.

17. PCRNerd

PCRNerd New Member

YAY for having my post cherry being popped!!!! Anyway, I think that people also need to take into account that sexuality exists on a very long continuum. So to say that someone is entirely gay or entirely straight is, not to say wrong, but misguided.

Honestly, there are a lot of girls that I find attractive. AND there are a lot of guys that I find attractive. Wether I end up with one or the other is anyones guess. I just think that people are over simplifying the complexities of human sexuality in order to find a definitive "yes" or "no" answer when one doesn't exist for every situation.

So, to actually answer the question, I think that it depends on the situation. If there is absolutely no sexual attraction there I don't think that they would be in that particular situation, or even be entertaining that thought of getting married. If they are doing it for their daughter to grow up in as normal a household as possible, then great for them and they already have my vote for best parent ever.

18. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

I'd marry a gay man in a heartbeat.

19. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

I dont see the point in it. In the long run you would both be denying yourselves the chances of true happiness of love for the easy option.

20. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

I don't either, just saying for some people it could work. Could be much better than some of the horrific straight relationships that we all accept as par for the course.

Draft saved Draft deleted