Lady Gaga on SNL

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like her work, talented people shouldn't work with Kanye West. Was a smart move to divest herself from him after what he pulled. What a career killer to go on tour with that guy ?

Media
Jay Leno flat out asked him: "What do you think your mother would have thought about what you did?" He sat momentarily with his mouth half open in shock before he answered.

I don't care for him and after listening to his last CD, I deleted it. I did not care for it.

breeze

Experimental Member
Media
I hope lady gaga , kate perry and talyor swift are around for a long time. I think they're great talents but its very difficult to keep turning out hit after hit. Most singers just fade away. Its funny but i never bothered to buy a converter box or a new television after the change from analog to digital. I was left with only one station { in the san francisco area } and that was mtvtres or channel 40 which is the spanish mtv station. It blew me away. They play spanish and american music videos. They have lots of lady gaga , kate perry , rihanna etc and the spanish artists like nelly furtado and others. The nature of the spanish language and the beat of spanish music makes spanish music videos intoxicating. And there are duets between spanish and american pop singers such as rihanna and alicia keyes {looking for paradise with a.s} which i'm not sure have ever been seen here ? { just a side note justasking the medjugorje data had been published in a , i beleive , french scientific journal }

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
They play spanish and american music videos. They have lots of lady gaga , kate perry , rihanna etc and the spanish artists like nelly furtado and others.
Nelly Furtado is Portuguese-Canadian. Sorry, had to correct that, her and I share that in common.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Who says you have to be gay to figure these things out :wink:....

Yeah, I know. I guess I started wondering about that after that really funny moment on Will & Grace when Jack runs into Cher (the real Cher) in a restaurant. He thinks she is a drag queen doing a Cher act, and he tries to demonstrate to her how to do Cher properly. After his demo, she looks at him for a moment, slaps his face, and says, "Snap out of it!", and walks away. A great moment in TV comedy.

Edit: No wait. It was even better than I described. Video

I just can't support Kanye anymore. He's such a douche.

Roger that. What a DB. Talk about a CLM (career limiting maneuver).

Last edited:

breeze

Experimental Member
Media
Nelly Furtado is Portuguese-Canadian. Sorry, had to correct that, her and I share that in common.
Mtvtres and the spanish world has sort of , i guess , adopted nelly furtado as one of their own. Her lastest song tops the mtvtres top 20 passing loba. And she's hosting a new mtvtres show on thursday nights with calle 13. You got to see the video she does with calle 13. Are these seen here ? And the video she does with juanes { i think that's the artist } you got to see that too.

B_hungprepjock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Perhaps, Lady Gaga could go on tour with Taylor Swift.

As much as Kanye West's church-going fans could have used the lesson in tolerance if not love she might have taught them about gay people, Taylor Swift's natural audience seems as benighted to me in similar ways...

No offence, just speaking hyperbolically.

Media
I saw Rosie O'Donnell and Gloria Estefan on Kathy Griffin's D list recently. They both talked about fame and how elusive it is.

Rosie and Gloria both mentioned that you can scratch and claw you way up to get it, only to find that the real battles begins. To maintain it and that doesn't always work.

I found that to be both honest and insightful, something that needed to be said by industry veterans like those two.

It is rare that an artist is blessed with the kind of fame that seemingly requires little or no effort and by simply being themselves makes the public adore them even more. This is all fleeting of course and not always the case.

As Gloria and Rosie both said: "Fame is just a by-product of what we do."

Kanye committed career suicide by acting a "nut" like that. There is something to be said for being genuine and gracious, both were lacking in that stunt he pulled.

Last edited:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I found some Joey Arias videos on youtube and now I see what you mean. Cher, Gaga, Bette Midler, etc, have a drag queen component to their style. Cher's seems more innate, but Midler and Gaga make it seem more like a performance. Lots of costumery with them all, though, and a keen sense of performance art for its own sake.

Bette Midler got her first break off-Broadway singing at the Continental Baths to a bunch of men sitting around in towels, cooling down between sexual encounters. Without gay men, Bette Midler simply would never have found any audience at all.

She had the help of Bruce Vilanch in crafting her Clams on the Halfshell Tour and in her work in Divine Madness, such as Delores Delago, the Toast of Chicago, a bittier, hammy mermaid in a motorized wheelchair doing cheesy lounge acts. I doubt that anything more camp has ever been conceived of before or since.

All that work predates The Rose and her movie career by many years.