Lady Gaga on SNL

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Dolores Del Largo! I literally almost died laughing when Bette did her at the London Paladium in the early 80s. I lost control of my diaphragm and my limbs, fell out of my seat onto the floor with my arms somehow entangled in the armrests and had serious difficulty getting any air into my lungs. Every time I began to regained my senses there'd be a cheeky flick of the joystick and she'd hurtle across the stage again, palm tree swaying and coconuts wobbling and I'd collapse like a hysterical jelly. Then they lowered the 45-degree mirror over the stage, she slid out of the wheelchair and did a Busby Berkely routine live!

Apart from Grace Jones, the campest thing I've ever seen.

But back to Gaga. I'd always hoped there was something beyond the slightly Britneyesque pop videos. It would seem there is. Those accoustic performances were amazing. That woman has talent as well as chutspah and a twisted (in a good way) fashion sense. The device she was wearing on SNL (you can't really call that a costume) was staggering. And she managed to sit at a piano in it!

Last edited:

B_am12388

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
But back to Gaga. I'd always hoped there was something beyond the slightly Britneyesque pop videos. It would seem there is. Those accoustic performances were amazing. That woman has talent as well as chutspah and a twisted (in a good way) fashion sense. The device she was wearing on SNL (you can't really call that a costume) was staggering. And she managed to sit at a piano in it!

That orbit device was awesome! Where can I get one ?!?? :biggrin1:

And yes, she's very talented.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Haha, I love these stories. Thanks for giving me this perspective. Yes I do remember Delores Del Lago.

I also loved Gaga's gimbal ring costume. Watch the video again and notice how much of a trooper she is in working it. It is obvious she experimented with it to make it spin apart and then come together.

But what is more endearing is that it looks to me like it was riding a little lower than it was supposed to so it was hitting her in the head at times. So because she is such a kick ass performer with such self-deprecating moves, she just rolled with it anyway. Then the sitting down at the piano with the wacky thing on. Simply priceless.

B_am12388

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Haha, I love these stories. Thanks for giving me this perspective. Yes I do remember Delores Del Lago.

I also loved Gaga's gimbal ring costume. Watch the video again and notice how much of a trooper she is in working it. It is obvious she experimented with it to make it spin apart and then come together.

But what is more endearing is that it looks to me like it was riding a little lower than it was supposed to so it was hitting her in the head at times. So because she is such a kick ass performer with such self-deprecating moves, she just rolled with it anyway. Then the sitting down at the piano with the wacky thing on. Simply priceless.

I know, isn't she awesome ?!?!

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know, isn't she awesome ?!?!

Oh, and I forgot to mention here flirting with the camera through the wacky rings during the piano medley. It was positively charming, although who would even think something like that would work but for the fact that she is a really good performance artist.

Media
I found this and thought it would be nice to share with my LPSG pals.

No you didn't drop the Dale Bozzio! I love her and that article is right! Dale was working the fierce drag a lawng time ago. Lady GaGa just freshened it up a bit and made retro current again. (Too bad about the animal cruelty charges for Dale though. Poor cats.)

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
No you didn't drop the Dale Bozzio! I love her and that article is right! Dale was working the fierce drag a lawng time ago. Lady GaGa just freshened it up a bit and made retro current again. (Too bad about the animal cruelty charges for Dale though. Poor cats.)

There's homage and then there's larceny :rolleyes:

I'll refrain from all discussions about cats except to say that, even in a white wine/mustard and mushroom sauce you know they aren't rabbits.