Lady Gaga vs. SB1070

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_VinylBoy, Aug 3, 2010.

1. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Looks like Lady Gaga's comments at her recent tour stop in Arizona may have resonated with some people. And it's guaranteed to piss some people off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1-1Nt5qgqk

If this has been posted someplace else on the board, then I apologize.

2. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    In all honesty, Lady Gaga is the last person I want to hear commentary from on the constitutionality of states superseding federal law....and Lady Gaga concert-goers probably arent the sharpest political tools in the shed....Dont get me wrong, I agree with the sentiments....I just dont think she knows enough about it to spout an informed opinion.

3. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

I'm not going to argue as to whether or not Lady Gaga is smart enough to provide her opinion on the subject matter. She's not my favorite singer or act by any means either. But what she said was right (IMO), and sometimes we just need to hear the message from a source that people can connect with. Some things in life don't really need too much analysis, scholastic insight or even a college degree to figure out.

Also you have to admit, we have much dumber people in Congress than anyone attending a Lady Gaga concert. Michelle Bachmann? Joe "You Lie" Wilson? Sharron Angle? Charles Rangel? :rolleyes: :biggrin1:

4. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ok, well, I guess that means I'm qualified....but I sure as hell wouldn't vote for myself...I'm off my rocker! :eek::biggrin1:

5. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Personally I think she's hot, and I like her music.

As VBoy pointed out, sometimes who the "message" comes from can be just as important as the message itself. Why? Because it can be delivered to people who might not be as receptive were it coming from someone else.

For too long music without message (or with the wrong messages - just look around) have been a staple of our youth. Some would point out Gaga's music itself may not carry all that much by way of positive social commentary either.

But that she would use her celebrity to take on an issue that she'd be better off ignoring is commendable, imo.

6. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Crazy is good. Besides, with a booty like yours you'll always get my vote. :redface: :biggrin1:

7. dreamer20

Gold Member

Ms. Angle had served as a member of the Nevada Assembly 1998-2005, but has yet to be elected to Congress. The poor woman cannot cope with a media that dares to ask her questions which she has not scripted. In which case she should brush up on Russian, forgo the 2010 U.S. election entirely and fill a seat in the Kremlin.:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TrIKQagJPs

#7 dreamer20, Aug 9, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
Draft saved Draft deleted