lady sustains eye injury from thong

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Now I have heard it all. On the today show this lady who was pretty big was suing Victoria Secrets for injuries she sustain from what they call a defective product. A decorative heart which was on the side strap of the thong broke off and flew into her eye. I say she didn't belong wearing the thing she look to be like 200 pounds. but was sitting behind a desk. The lawyer doing the talking on the show kept calling it a defective product but to hold back this womens stress on it you'd need a wire cable or something more then a fine piece of jewerly and a clasp. Talk about being responsible for your own actions. Its a wonder it didn't fly thru the wall and hit an innocent bystander.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If they sell it in her size, it is their fault it broke. Now, I didn't see her, so I can't know if they sell clothes in her size. However, I'm nearly 5'9", and when I was over 200 pounds the thongs certainly came in my size. In fact, they came in sizes larger than mine.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm only guessing her weight but this metal part looked pretty skimpy. She had the accident a year ago and only started this law suit in May. I think it unwise to go on tv and discuss a lawsuit when Victoria Secret has not even been served with it yet. Clearly there trying to push Victoria Secret into an out of court settlement which isnt' fair. I think its just another lawsuit which clogs up our court systems and costs taxpayers millions and millions of dollars a year.

oh yeah, I did see a pic of the thong and it didn't look that big, and you can't say she was the same size a year ago either.

Last edited:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I just saw a video of her. You have grossly exaggerated. She's not that big. If she's short, she's wearing a size 16, if she's tall, she's probably in a 14. Victoria's Secret size XL will comfortably fit a size 18, and their low-rise v-strings go that high up in size. Also, I doubt you saw a picture of the thong in question. They don't sell things that long out of season, so you can't go to their website for a photo, and her attorney is refusing to show ANYONE the offending undergarment. He won't show it to Victoria's Secret representatives, and he won't show it to the media.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Woman Sues Victoria's Secret Over Alleged Thong Injury - Crime & Courts : People.com

This is the video I saw - they do show the item in this video (see video for details - he would not give them the thong - says here he was happy to show it) - But I agree with Altered on the size issue - Why on earth would you accuse that woman of being too big to wear a thong - or that thong. You are basically saying she snapped it stretching it over her fat ass.

If it was in her size it should not have snapped - even if it wasn't it should not have sent a staple flying into her eye! Dunno bout the lawsuit - but it isn't her fault for being 'fat' (she's not that bloody big anyway!).

jlr080281

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
oh yeah, I did see a pic of the thong and it didn't look that big, and you can't say she was the same size a year ago either.

That's what I'm thinking. If the incident happened a year ago, she may have gone to a lawyer right away and her lawyer might have advised her that she would have a better chance of winning the case if she slimmed down.

If the court sees a slimmer women, they'll be more likely to believe that it was problem with the actual thong instead of just some fat-ass stretching the fuck out of it :tongue:

jlr080281

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Her story certainly reeks of bullshit but considering that all of our members aren't a size 2, it would be very considerate to end all the fat jokes and remarks.

lol?

Not everyone here has huge wangs either, does that stop people from making remarks about small ones? Or that they prefer bigger ones?

And my comment wasn't meant to be deragotory. I like big asses, little asses and everything in between. It's just possible that her thong broke because she had a fat ass, that's all :p

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
lol?

Not everyone here has huge wangs either, does that stop people from making remarks about small ones? Or that they prefer bigger ones?

And my comment wasn't meant to be deragotory. I like big asses, little asses and everything in between. It's just possible that her thong broke because she had a fat ass, that's all :p

I don't think "they do it too" has ever worked in any courtroom. Are you going to use other people's deragatory comments to justify yours? If that's the case, let's all call each other every name in the book since someone else is doing it.

All I'm saying is remember that after you post it, someone's going to read it. Imagine being a size 18 or 20 and reading a thread where people are constantly dogging someone who's a size 14 or 16 about their weight. Her lawsuit is bullshit but that doesn't have anything to do with her size.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks ManlyBanisters for the link. I had seen a completely different interview they'd done. I think her lawyer is not ready for a case of this magnitude. He's nervous as hell in front of a national audience, speaking to a famous interviewer. I wonder how the Today show got him to film the evidence. He'd flat-out refused to have the other show take video footage of the thong.

Having seen it now, I'm going to agree that she lost weight. The thong is significantly larger than what she would wear now. You can't tell from the Today show, but you could see her much better on this other program. The bottom line is, if they made it in her size, it should not have broken when she put it on. End of story.

(Oh, and since the men here don't seem to know squat about the fit of clothing: A woman who wears a size 14/16 or 16/18 in US sizes wears a size 7 or Large in underwear. The ones on the show appeared to be a size 8 or XL, a woman who wears sizes 16/18 or 18/20 would wear those. if you pass a mall or the Gap or something, go have a look.)

Last edited:

jlr080281

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think "they do it too" has ever worked in any courtroom. Are you going to use other people's deragatory comments to justify yours? If that's the case, let's all call each other every name in the book since someone else is doing it.

All I'm saying is remember that after you post it, someone's going to read it. Imagine being a size 18 or 20 and reading a thread where people are constantly dogging someone who's a size 14 or 16 about their weight. Her lawsuit is bullshit but that doesn't have anything to do with her size.

I'm not trying to justify anything, because nothing I said was derogatory. And who said fat asses are a bad thing? :p They're only bad when you try to stuff them in clothes that are too small.

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
If you lose an arm because your snowblower malfunctioned, go ahead and sue somebody.

If you can't even tell your wearing a thong because your various body parts covers the hole thing including the waistband and you get injured, you may just want to move to grammy panties.

It's like that moron getting paid for spilling hot coffee on themselves. And people say companies are greedy :rolleyes:

They need to make people pay fines constantly that bring up frivolous lawsuits, that would start slowing this bullshit down.

D

deleted3782

Ouch! I stubbed my toe!

Exwhysee sues door manufacturer.