LAEyeworks

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have finally gotten to the point where i now wear glasses. Hooray! Not having needed them before I am now exuberantly collecting my wardrobe of frames. I have alway admired LAEyeworks. Does anyone else here collect frames,or specifically collected any of LAEyeworks more creative endeavors?

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My eyewear all comes from Cohen's. They aren't exactly big into fashion and style.

Collect? In a manner of speaking, as I have every pair of glasses I've ever owned. Someone once told me that the vision shifts as we age and my eyesight would improve on distances, so I figured I might as well hold on to them. So far, it's been a waste.

Nekoman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
LAEyeworks....great style, the coolest looking frames I ever owned or wore. Also, the most easily broken. She saleswoman warned me, "they're not for everyday use" but I ignored her, wore them daily. They broke after a few months. Costly repairs, neither the store, nor the manufacturer would cover. They look great, but take heed.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LAEyeworks....great style, the coolest looking frames I ever owned or wore. Also, the most easily broken. She saleswoman warned me, "they're not for everyday use" but I ignored her, wore them daily. They broke after a few months. Costly repairs, neither the store, nor the manufacturer would cover. They look great, but take heed.

Thanks. I think the more outrageous ones are works of art. I have found some of the ones i coveted and have a list that I am still looking to find. I also have a THEO frame wish list as well.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've worn corrective lenses since first grade and despise glasses. The are heavy, ugly and give a poor peripheral range.

Contacts rock.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've worn corrective lenses since first grade and despise glasses. The are heavy, ugly and give a poor peripheral range.

Contacts rock.

Most people who wore them from an early age feel that way. I am just now as a serious adult getting them so i suppose my attitude is a bit different.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Most people who wore them from an early age feel that way. I am just now as a serious adult getting them so i suppose my attitude is a bit different.

I was like you about eyeglasses at first too. I only needed them for reading and was into some seriously trashy Euro frames. But after 15 years of using them and now needing them for distance as well, I'm done. In the new year I'm getting them lasered!

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm sort of in the Bbucko camp, I have worn glasses since I was very young and now wear contact lenses most of the time. I have two pair, one nice pair for sitting around in the company of others and another really beat up pair for when I'm alone and don't worry if I fall asleep reading while wearing them. I wish I was a good candidate for laser but alas I will have to wait for further advances in the technique.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm sort of in the Bbucko camp, I have worn glasses since I was very young and now wear contact lenses most of the time. I have two pair, one nice pair for sitting around in the company of others and another really beat up pair for when I'm alone and don't worry if I fall asleep reading while wearing them. I wish I was a good candidate for laser but alas I will have to wait for further advances in the technique.

The caution over laser is very wise. My mother's eye doc at Hopkins told her that he really didnt trust laser surgery yet. It is still too new and we don't yet know the long term effects of it.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Contacts rock.

They also do strange things if you have issues with depth perception (which i do). Contacts, no problem! I do admire a good pair of frames on a sexy man, though. The air of sophistication brings out the flaming elitist in me :biggrin1:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
They also do strange things if you have issues with depth perception (which i do). Contacts, no problem! I do admire a good pair of frames on a sexy man, though. The air of sophistication brings out the flaming elitist in me :biggrin1:

I have found that with blended lenses I did have some depth perception issues at first but now I have gotten used to it. They are definitely not like eyes that work properly but it has been a new experience. I may explore contacts at some point for variety. But I am having fun at the moment.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've worn glasses since the age of 4, and actually prefer them over contacts for me. I have a particular eye problem that contacts don't really do much for - they just irritate my sensitive eyes and I can't really see much better with contacts than I can with the naked eye.

And I'm not a candidate for laser surgery either - I totally WOULD do that if I could!

I don't really go in for multiple pairs of glasses for a wardrobe - they're too expensive (especially since I wear about the most expensive prescription out there! I mean, my glasses are $300 at the cheap places! And that's with the bargain frames, too!) I have prescription sunglasses, but I'm wearing the same ones I've worn for years even though my prescription has changed a few times since then (again, too expensive to change them, plus I love my prescription sunglass frames and haven't found anything like them in years! I wanted my regular glasses to have similar frames but nobody had them anymore!)

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The caution over laser is very wise. My mother's eye doc at Hopkins told her that he really didnt trust laser surgery yet. It is still too new and we don't yet know the long term effects of it.

I had a torn retina a couple years ago. On my latest check up, I asked the retina surgeon what he thought about Lasik.

No reservations whatsoever.

Any recommendation as to doctor?

Dr. _______ did my whole family.

That was good enough for me.

Best $3600 I ever spent. Love it love it love it. Doc said my corneas were so thick that even after the surgery I still have more cornea that most people. I am such a Stud! :biggrin1:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had a torn retina a couple years ago. On my latest check up, I asked the retina surgeon what he thought about Lasik.

Best $3600 I ever spent. Love it love it love it. Doc said my corneas were so thick that even after the surgery I still have more cornea that most people. I am such a Stud! :biggrin1:

Well, good for you! I guess each person's circumstance is different.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've worn glasses since the age of 4, and actually prefer them over contacts for me. I have a particular eye problem that contacts don't really do much for - they just irritate my sensitive eyes and I can't really see much better with contacts than I can with the naked eye.

And I'm not a candidate for laser surgery either - I totally WOULD do that if I could!

I don't really go in for multiple pairs of glasses for a wardrobe - they're too expensive (especially since I wear about the most expensive prescription out there! I mean, my glasses are $300 at the cheap places! And that's with the bargain frames, too!) I have prescription sunglasses, but I'm wearing the same ones I've worn for years even though my prescription has changed a few times since then (again, too expensive to change them, plus I love my prescription sunglass frames and haven't found anything like them in years! I wanted my regular glasses to have similar frames but nobody had them anymore!)

The only reason I feel ok about getting multiple pairs is that my vision insurance gives me one free pair of glasses a year and with my Flexible Spending account I can get as many pairs of glasses a year I want. They will reimburse me. Not that I am going to do that because it would be very wasteful. But I have found that it has been a blessing to have the option , just in case.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

Wow 3600 bucks. I can get mine done at the best and biggest eye hospital in the world for $1200. I had the examination last month and they said I can have the operation. Just waiting for a break in work to go and get it done. I paid about 1000€ for the glasses I'm wearing right now, so the operation is worth it.

The technology has really made some huge leaps in the last ten years. One of our young engineers went from diopter 15 (coke bottle territory), to not using glasses at all. He paid 900 dollars at a less prestigious hospital.