Laker Fans, Anyone?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by lwd, May 22, 2008.

1. lwd

lwd New Member

What did you think about the game?

I was thrilled to see them pull it off. I was surprised Duncan tallied 30 points. He seemed to miss a lot of high percentage shots….The Kobe/Gasol tandem seems to be paying huge dividends….

I’m cautiously optimistic, but I think the Spurs will come through in 7 games. They are the defending champs and their current lineup has been in place for several years (and championships), while Bryant/Gasol only half a season. Well, we do have home field advantage. Let’s hope for the best, but if not, many more years to come!

2. Notthe7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Pure Lakers fan from San Antonio, Texas.

I want to see this shit explode!

3. lwd

lwd New Member

They must be hating you in TX right about now…but what do you mean explode? Dominance by the Lakers or an all out gunfight to 7 games?

4. Notthe7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Haha, they absolutely do.
    We roll about '2' deep down here.

Haha, I actually work with a few lakers fans and we get loud as all hell at work.

I want gunfight.
    The lakers taking it easily wouldn't be any fun

5. mista geechee

Gold Member

Albums:
    damn so there are spprts fans here. the spurs are boring. wouldt it just be horrible if teh boring as spurs and boring ass pistons got in the finals?

anyway i think the lakers will win this series. ye ai saw game one tonight. pretty funny how the spurs worked their asses off for 45 minutes only for the lakers to take the game in teh last 3 minutes.

but im ready for next year. my bulls got the first pick in the draft. but they'll prolly be dumasses and do the bandwagon thing by drafting beasley or rose. i'd prefer rose but i'd really like if they took oj mayo

6. Notthe7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    You're absolutely right about the Spurs.
    Furthermore, the NBA doesn't want the Spurs to win. They make zero money in the scheme of things.

Haha, did you see Bowen flying around at the end of the game? I love what GREAT actors the spurs can be when they get injured.

I use to be a HUGE bulls fan back in middle school.

7. lwd

lwd New Member

Duncan is a great player and a future HOFer, no doubt. But the public finds him boring. He is a reliable hard-working player, but fans and the media like to see drama. They like to get off on Kobe and his rape case, MJ and his 2 retirements from the game, Magic and his comeback after HIV….

The Spurs are great, but let’s give the Shaqless Lakers a shot at the title!

8. mista geechee

Gold Member

Albums:
    man fuck bruce bowen. around my house we call him denzel bowen cuz he sure can act. he's the dirtiest player i ever seen. i remember when he literally jumpkicked wally szczerbiak in teh face

YouTube - Bruce Bowen's Jump Kick

9. lwd

lwd New Member

Fixed that for ya!

10. D_Clumbert Cocksicle

It refreshing to see the Lakers actually play great offense in the second half. Don't get me wrong, I am a hardcore Laker fan, but the trend seems to be that the Lakers slack off during the last 2 quarters (e.g. Utah came up after a Laker 19pt lead). Nevertheless, Lakers kicked ass today, and while I can't say it is going to be a sweep, it sure as hell going to be a victory for the Lakers.

P.S. Chris Paul, pfffff, Overrated. As said, I am a Laker fan, but Ginobilli is the shit!!!!! Not today though, he sucked balls against Laker defense.

11. Notthe7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Chris Paul is a lil' play boy! For some reason I find him so attrative (when he keeps his mouth shut).

Bown IS a dirty ass player. I can't stand his ass. When I was working at Hyatt I got to check him in. I remember he thought he was SOOO god damn smooth. I tossed his keys over the counter instead of placing them in his hand. I got my ass chewed out by my manager.. but it was WELL fucking worth it. One minor victory for a Lakers fan.

On a lighter note, Tony Parker was at six flags with a few friends. He cut the line to get the front. Before they were about to take off I yelled his name and flashed my tits.... I have a picture of him laughing and giving me the thumbs up.

Duncan is a good player: committed, hardworking.. but yes, boring.

12. mista geechee

Gold Member

Albums:
    chria paul is overrated? are you serious? even THE isiah thomas hails chris paul as the truth .

and ginobili is very underrated. but he is a big time flopper like the rest of teh spurs. and he gets away with ALOT of walks/travels

13. HyperHulk

HyperHulk New Member

Albums:
    I love Kobe. I was shocked that he went so long before scoring. The spurs have everything they need to beat the Lakers but it doesn't say much for them to be up 20, have Kobe not score for almost 2.5 quarters and still lose the game. You don't expect Kobe to have another performance like that. I think the bench will walk away with lots of confidence. I'm hoping the Lakers pull it off, I think they can take it all if they get by the spurs.

14. lwd

lwd New Member

You weren’t kidding. I spent about 20 minutes on those videos. That kid is dirty. Any consequences when he kicked Wally? Brawl? Suspension?

15. lwd

lwd New Member

I would have preferred that the Lakers play Nawlins because they were in uncharted waters and Pau can’t stop Duncan, but something was off tonight. In fact, the Spurs have been off the whole playoffs. Too many close games with the Suns and New Orleans almost got away with winning the series (won the first 2, remember).

The Lakers have the best record in the playoffs (9-2). Granted, they blew some leads in the 2 losses to Utah, but the Jazz are no slouches; they made it to the Western Conference Finals last year.

Besides complementing Kobe as a player, Gasol is not a spotlight whore. He’s just happy to be on a team that has won a playoff series!

16. MARCOPOLO4

MARCOPOLO4 New Member

i don't care how many touchdowns they make

Draft saved Draft deleted