*** LAKERS v CELTICS THREAD ***

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
i'm not a bball fan whatsoever, and i care nothing for the lakers. they piss me off every time they win because the lakers parade goes through the streets of downtown LA it just causes a ton of traffic. bastardssss!!

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i'm not a bball fan whatsoever, and i care nothing for the lakers. they piss me off every time they win because the lakers parade goes through the streets of downtown LA it just causes a ton of traffic. bastardssss!!

Lordy girl... are you kidding me? You must mean championships....

Given how rarely it happens... and how much $$$ it brings in... and given how I'll guess you don't live downtown (does anyone?).

Ah come on... come on, join the team and come in for the big win...

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow... you call that a domination. Both teams did not look good. Had the Lakes had an iota of a push in second half, they coulda dealt the death blow. Noone played well, noone dominated... be real.

Game 2 this eve. Not to be typical.. but whomever wins tonight wins the series... (going on record)

well if the lakers win tonight they have a better chance of winnin the next 3 straight in LA. but if the celtics lose tonight it will be very hard for them to win at staples center. but not because of kobe but beause of lamar odom and pau gasol dominating the paint. kevin garnett can take odom maybe but who's gonna effectively cover gasol?

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Every time they win a championship? What, 3 times in the last 20 some years? When does LA not have a ton of traffic?

Mr. Bungle

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm gonna agree with faceking, whoever wins tonight is gonna have the upper hand in this series - because if Boston wins, they go up 2 games to zero. If LA wins, the series goes back to LA, where they play 3 games. Although Boston swept the Lakers in the regular season, it's a whole new ballgame now, this is the FINALS... may the hungrier team win...

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Annoying, just like that it's an 8 point lead for the Celtics in the 2nd quarter. I think Jackson is playing the bench too much. If Pierce is in the game, you put Kobe back in. Now isn't the time take chances. Play your starters, build some momentum and substitute out as needed to give breaks. Why sit all your starters to start the second quarter and keep them that way for 3 minutes? The Lakers can't afford to play these games, the Celtics have all the talent they need to make runs.

I want Kobe playing 48 minutes because he can!

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Lakers are fouling way too much. It's 6 minutes in and they already have 6 team fouls so it's shooting fouls from here on in? Forget it!

I would have played the starters hard the first half and see what they can do and then rest a bit during the half time start of the third. They've had 2 days rest, who needs a rest during the game?

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It's encouraging that Gasol and Odom are having good games. But if the Lakers can't get a win out of their big 3 having good games, this series is toast.

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Celtics are winning because of fouls and 3 point shooting. I'm going to the gym now, can't "watch" anymore. (Because I'm in Australia, I can only follow games by watching the scores and stats on espn.com, it sucks).

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
So the Lakers wait until the last 5 minutes to come alive and get within 2 points?

Ok, what can we take away? The Celtics are exactly who've the been all season, a great team with great players.

The Lakers had chances to win game 1, and reduced a 23 point lead to 2 in 4 minutes. They are still in this. If they can ride home field advantage, where the Celtics have been the weakest during the playoffs, the Lakers can still take all 3 games. Then they have a shot at one of the games on the Celtics homecourt. It's not over but this was a gut punch.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I love Boston, but the fact that they almost blew a 24 point lead in the last 7 minutes of the game is just embarrassing. Good that they're 2-0 going into LA, but they better get their acts together if they're going to win the championship.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
Lordy girl... are you kidding me? You must mean championships....

Given how rarely it happens... and how much $$$ it brings in... and given how I'll guess you don't live downtown (does anyone?).

Ah come on... come on, join the team and come in for the big win...

Every time they win a championship? What, 3 times in the last 20 some years? When does LA not have a ton of traffic?

each year they've won they've had their own parade, and the last thing i want to ruin my commute is even more traffic than i already have to drive in. seriously, it blows!!! i don't live downtown near staples center either. the surrounding areas are ghetto and gang infested.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm hoping the Celtics put this series down in 4 games. It's 2-0 Boston now and we can watch 2 more games of Hollywood stars and then move on to baseball for the summer.

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So the Lakers wait until the last 5 minutes to come alive and get within 2 points?

Ok, what can we take away? The Celtics are exactly who've the been all season, a great team with great players.

The Lakers had chances to win game 1, and reduced a 23 point lead to 2 in 4 minutes. They are still in this. If they can ride home field advantage, where the Celtics have been the weakest during the playoffs, the Lakers can still take all 3 games. Then they have a shot at one of the games on the Celtics homecourt. It's not over but this was a gut punch.

more like a love tap. are we forgetting that phil jaskcon has 9 , nine , 8+1 , nueve championship rings ? are we forgetting that kobe bryant and derek fisher have won 3 rings together? are we forgetting that , in games 3/4/5 in staples center , the celtics will pickup fouls for even looking at kobe wrong. plus the lakers have a better road playoff record tis year so if they win at home they can build momentum .now of course phil jackson won his first 6 rings with that michael jordan guy (hopefully you got that sarcasm) and kobe is no michael but he's by far the best player in the league today (or atleast top 5).

lets not forget that , as much as the term is thrown around , playoff experience is vital. the lakers have it and the celtics dont. ray allen is not playing like ray allen.

but its early. you dont win a series in teh first 2 games

hardcockcafe

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
GREAT game, lakers had a good comeback, but just could not finish it

personally, i thought the officiating was TERRIBLE. they called bad calls for both sides, but i thought the lakers got the worse end of stick, call me biased but thats how i saw it.