Lana Del Rey

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_mysoundtrack, Jan 30, 2012.

1. B_mysoundtrack

B_mysoundtrack New Member

I'm buying the album Tuesday. can't wait. does anyone else like her?

2. willow78

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm not sure yet - I love "Video Games" but TBH it's the only one I know.

3. Zeuhl34

Gold Member

Albums:
    One of the music forums I visit has been hyping it up for a while, and it leaked earlier this week. The general consensus is an overwhelming "meh". I can't make a good judgment, as I simply don't like her style that much.

4. Incocknito

Gold Member

She's fucking shit. Manufactured, CANNOT SING shit. Video games is the one good song she has but if you listen to her live she totally spoils and ruins it. Props to her if she wrote it (I don't think she did) tho. I've heard she's a bit of a slut/party girl too.

Comes across a bit like an emo Kesha, that's the impression I get.

5. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Just previewed her songs on youtube; This songstress has got my money invested in her album. And she's gorgeous too.

6. Pandora77

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I find Videogames totally boring and dull and I hate her fake lips. Urgh, who has such lips anymore these days, especially at such a young age.

7. Yorkie

Gold Member

Albums:
    I like to see people live before I'm convinced.When she was here last November I was already booked for something else.I like the two tracks I'm familiar with.
    There seems to be a lot of undeserved hatred aimed her way.That just makes me more likely to be on her side.

8. B_mysoundtrack

B_mysoundtrack New Member

for some reason people have hopped on the bandwagon when it comes to trashing her. they focus on her lips and "fake" persona. when in reality, she's quite sweet, humble, and has melodic music with interesting lyrics.

<div><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="270" id="canal583977" name="canal583977" data="http://player.canalplus.fr/embed/flash/player.swf"><param name="movie" value="http://player.canalplus.fr/embed/flash/player.swf"><param name="flashvars" value="param=cplus&videoId=583977"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><embed width="480" height="270" src="http://player.canalplus.fr/embed/flash/player.swf" id="canal583977" name="canal583977" flashVars="param=cplus&videoId=583977" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" ><noembed>Veuillez installer Flash Player pour lire la vidéo</noembed></embed></object></div><div style="width:472px;font-size:11px; background:#EBEBEB; border:1px solid #D6D6D6; margin-top:5px; padding:4px 0 4px 6px; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; -moz-border-radius:3px; -webkit-border-radius:3px;"><a target="_blank" style="text-decoration:none; color:#666;" href="http://www.canalplus.fr/c-divertissement/pid3349-le-grand-journal.html?vid=583977&sc_cmpid=SharePlayerEmbed"><span style="color:#000; font-weight:bold;">Lana Del Rey</span> - Video Games</a></div>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YnnCI3JBNA&feature=related

tell me she can't sing.

she's manufactured? because she changed her hair style and name? Stefani Germanotta=Lady Gaga, Katy Hudson=Katy Perry, Onika Tanya Mara=Nicki Minaj, Robyn Rihanna Fenty=Rihanna.

i didn't know singers who changed their image and hair color became shit and manufactured. that's what pop music. if you don't change and reinvent your style, you become obsolete. god forbid this girl should experiment with hair before she was Lana Del Rey. the music is great. and she's not selling sex or products. she's just singing.

she wrote the whole album dude. listen to some interviews. she talks about the inspiration for Video Games.

#8 B_mysoundtrack, Jan 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  9. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

She's not talented, she's H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E live, which is just further proof as to how untalented she is, her father has dumped craploads of his own money to make her famous, she didn't get known by talent alone. I really really dislike this person and what she stands for.

Want proof she sucks live? Here.

To the previous poster - she isn't "manufactured" because she changed her image and name. She's "manufactured" because she's sort of a product of the machine. She wanted to be famous, her daddy has money, they make her look appealing, stick an autotuner on her, and voila - this is what happens. She's not talented.

10. Sexy_Ghost

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Lana! No, I adore her!
    She had done many live performances in which she sounds amazing. She has improved a lot and has grown more self-confident.

I own "Born To Die", "Paradise" and "Ultraviolence", plus many rare and unreleased songs. She's a great artist. Can't wait for her upcoming new album called "Honeymooon" and the first single, "Music To Watch Boys".

No everyone likes her musical genre but I'm a huge fan. I listen to "Ultraviolence" at least 5 times a week. I love her as much as I love Tori Amos, Fiona Apple and Florence Welch. In my own personal opinion, Lana is currently one of the best artist to invest in right now.

Draft saved Draft deleted