Lance Armstrong

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'd like to believe in bona fide athletic heros but there have been too many recent instances of accusations of doping, denials of doping, investigations of doping and suspensions for doping for me not to be skeptical.

As for Lance, I just don't know....

What does everyone else believe?

smallman

1st Like
Media
Who cares? Steroids make for more entertainment for the fans for the small price of potential side effects felt by men who will never need healthcare. For all the jelquing some of you guys do to make your penises bigger, I'd think you could cut Lance Armstrong a break. I feel like Russel Crowe in Gladiator asking, :Are you not entertained?"

All drugs should be legal.

blackwood

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by SpeedoGuy@Sep 8 2005, 01:55 AM
I'd like to believe in bona fide athletic heros but there have been too many recent instances of accusations of doping, denials of doping, investigations of doping and suspensions for doping for me not to be skeptical.

[post=341379]Quoted post[/post]​

-------------------------------------------

Doping? Drugging? Why is this anyones business other than the "user".

How much of what does it take to survive Cancer, Shake off the stigma of having testicles surgically sacrificed and go on the be, as he was slated to be from childhood a :

CHAMPION

If you have a headache or "bad hair day" are you supposed to suffer losses in your daily endeavors.?

My only concern is what the drug/medication does to the mental facilities - I would guess very little since this guy is fantastic.......................on a bike, and has always been a self-center ass in dealing with others. So???????

blackwood :hi:

B_Hung Muscle

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I agree. I don't give a rat's ass about his using or not. I think Canseco's book was hysterical in calling out the hypocrites. I would use steroids if it weren't for the long-term side effects of most of the anabolic junk.

But is Armstrong a self-centered asshole?

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Hung Muscle
I don't give a rat's ass about his using or not. I think Canseco's book was hysterical in calling out the hypocrites. I would use steroids if it weren't for the long-term side effects of most of the anabolic junk.
Agreed. But then I prefer my pair of testicles to his accomplishments as an athlete.

B_Hung Muscle

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by Otis88+Sep 11 2005, 11:39 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Otis88 &#064; Sep 11 2005, 11:39 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Dr. Dilznick@Sep 11 2005, 11:48 AM
Agreed. But then I prefer my pair of testicles to his accomplishments as an athlete.
[post=342281]Quoted post[/post]​

Amen to that. I would much rather work twice as hard to achieve half as much if it meant keeping the family jewels.
[post=342300]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

But think of the acne, hot bitch tits and the ruined kidneys you get with those shrunken nuts&#33;

jakeatolla

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Now hold on one minute. First of all, lets look at where
these baseless accusations come from. Some third rate
French sports newspaper, thats where.

Second, why are only six out of 20 or so samples testing
positive? What happened to the other 14 samples?

Third, its no secret that the French in general hate Americans
(And I&#39;m not stereotyping here ) especially succesfull ones.

Fourth, who decided to test samples from 1999? And what authority
does this piss ant little newspaper have to get the tests done ?

Just my two cents.

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
...Armstrong made it clear that L&#39;Equipe&#39;s claims are what might push him to stay on the pedals competitively a bit longer.

The Texan told his hometown newspaper, the Austin American-Statesman, that he has been thinking about a comeback since L&#39;Equipe reported on August 23 that urine samples taken from Armstrong in 1999 during his first Tour triumph tested positive for the banned substance EPO.

“I&#39;m thinking it&#39;s the best way to piss (the French) off,” Armstrong told the newspaper.

I LOVE THIS GUY&#33;&#33;

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by jakeatolla@Sep 12 2005, 03:08 AM
Fourth, who decided to test samples from 1999? And what authority does this piss ant little newspaper have to get the tests done ?
[post=342453]Quoted post[/post]​
Hey, the rag is just trying to sell papers.

I think the most interesting questions would be related to the chain of custody of the supposed urine samples. It is my understanding that in U.S. courts unless the chain of custody for the sample is intact, the "results" are not defensible. Since the organization exercising custody of the samples did not authorize testing, the results and the samples from which the lab took aliquots are contaminated and inadmissible. If in the future there would be a decision to test, the 20 "contaminated" samples could not be used. Why? The chain of custody is not complete, and any results would be invalid.

So much for yellow journalism.

Personally, I would like to believe that man can overcome adversity and achieve the unobtainable. However, I am not an apologist for Lance.

jay

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

From the breaking news these last few days he's guiltier than we 1st believed or even imagined.

Endued

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What the heck is up with Hoss at the moment? This is like the fifth example of thread necromancy I've seen from him in the last few days. :eek:

august86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I agree. I don't give a rat's ass about his using or not. I think Canseco's book was hysterical in calling out the hypocrites. I would use steroids if it weren't for the long-term side effects of most of the anabolic junk.

But is Armstrong a self-centered asshole?

A friend of mine met him when he came to our country for a race, and apparently he's quite the douche...

simbasa12

Experimental Member
Media
Always believed he was a doper. Even at the local racing levels, doping is prevalent. To be at the very top, and to beating other verified dopers that have since been outed, I find it hard to believe he could be clean, regardless of natural ability. It's just a matter of time before the shit hits the fan for Lance.

While I agree that if everyone is cheating, then the playing field is more or less even, it's not really about that. The cheating culture in sports, and the denial and codes of silence, not to mention that these guys are role models for young kids, illustrates that it's another of society's ills.

Marion Jones, anyone? Just because you pass tests does not mean you are clean. Any test can be beaten. Until 2007, Jones routinely denied ever being involved with performance enhancers in any way. One of Jones's frequent statements in her own defense was that she had never tested positive for performance enhancing substances..

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
If they are not legal and he used them, then he is a cheat. Simple.

You must have a level playing field, either everyone can use them, or no one can. He is no hero if his success is based upon an unfair advantage.