Lance Armstrong

I thought having testicular cancer and all that it involves would involve taking medications. He did have that did he not, (cancer) not a 100% sure. But if he did, would that not involve ingesting drugs or chemicals that could be over the boundary?

S

superbot

The guy needs to just disappear.
He deserves no sympathy,he knew exactly what he was doing and then some.So glad the other athletes are putting the boot in.Think of how many legit cyclists have been robbed of the very titles and prize money he walked off with.
I bet he'll still be quids in though...Tosser!!

D

deleted3782

I thought having testicular cancer and all that it involves would involve taking medications. He did have that did he not, (cancer) not a 100% sure. But if he did, would that not involve ingesting drugs or chemicals that could be over the boundary?

He has admitted to taking "performance enhancing" drugs. Testosterone, EPO, blood infusions, etc. End of story.

There is no confusion on whether the drugs were for his cancer treatment.

He states in his confession that people are angry and feel let down by him. I feel disgust. Its part of todays "win at any cost" culture that extends to politics, corporations, athletics, religion, etc.

He deserves no sympathy,he knew exactly what he was doing and then some.So glad the other athletes are putting the boot in.Think of how many legit cyclists have been robbed of the very titles and prize money he walked off with.
Yup, they should all just jump on their bikes.

D

deleted3782

I think we will all be watching his $100 million net worth dissolve...

S

superbot

I think we will all be watching his $100 million net worth dissolve...
I guess you are (depressingly) correct in that assumption.Lets face if the Kardashians can sell their souls down the line,over and over again,I'm sure he can,besides there is always money to be made from "..I have sinned" to get your earning potential back on track.As well as films rights to boot.
A win/win really...:rolleyes:

S

superbot

Can someone inform him that to take part in sport again, you need to be a sportsman.
Don't be daft...you need principals and logic for that.
You have to give him the balls (has he actually got any anymore??) to actually come out with the notion that he has ANY chance of going back into a sport with the VERY PEOPLE he screwed-over for both titles and prize money,which is what he's hoping.Seriously, all the drugs must have gone to his, what passes as a, brain.

DiamondJoe

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
'k...?

Our local library carried a small sign on reception in the weeks following the scandal. It read:

In the light of recent developments
Patrons should be advised
That Lance Armstrong's books
Have been recategorised from
Biography to Fiction.

But that was a while ago now...

LondonSamm

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
'k...?

Our local library carried a small sign on reception in the weeks following the scandal. It read:

In the light of recent developments
Patrons should be advised
That Lance Armstrong's book
Has been recategorised from
Biography to Fiction.

But that was a while ago now...
what was his book about

WilliamG

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
How did this old thread get exhumed? :joy:

I read his book. It was a great read. My disappointment is that he turned to blood doping when I don't believe he needed to. He was a great rider. He had amazing genetics that allowed him to absorb O2 into his lungs better than almost any other rider. After his testicular cancer, he rebuilt his body from the ground up for cycling. Shame he fell into the rabbit hole so many athletes do.

Reactions: ActionBuddy