Lance Bass

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
You know what would be respectable? Lance should just be himself. If you're gonna hit the gym, do it because you want to be healthy. If you're gonna take up an interest in boxing or surfing or whatever, do it because you enjoy the sport. I say this only because a few years ago, wasn't he best friends with Kathy Griffin and all mincing about because, you know, in order to get in good with her you have to do the proverbial gay song and dance?

Look. As someone who is partially metrosexual, I understand that there are guys out there, gay and straight, who get their masculinity questioned. It's way tougher on gay guys, I'm sure, because the fact that they like guys ingrains in them that, somehow, they're not as much of a man in our society. I look at this photo spread and think that some time in the gym and with the right make-up and lighting, any dude can look like that. Shit, I could, foofy hair and all. (That, and my stubble is naturally way dark.)

I think somewhere along the line, Lance probably learned that no matter how famous he is, he's going to get his manhood evaluated and I'm sure there weren't many guys beating down his door. So, butching up seems to do the trick. Either way, I hope he's happy.

kiddo

Experimental Member
Media
This thread is perpetuating the stereotype that gay men are superficial, skin-deep, body-obsessed, narcissistic, and vainly pursuing the cult of flesh ("Oh, look at his ripped abs! What a hunk! He was NOTHING last year, but NOW...!") .

Sadly, this thread is giving me the impression that I'm trapped at a trendy West Hollywood eaterie with Perez Hilton who is ogling every cute passer-by.

There are a ton of guys out there who are known for body and mind. Let's celebrate a few of those.

And you say that on a site called Large Penis Support Group?? Check yourself!!

anders69

Experimental Member
Media
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States of America
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You know what would be respectable? Lance should just be himself. If you're gonna hit the gym, do it because you want to be healthy. If you're gonna take up an interest in boxing or surfing or whatever, do it because you enjoy the sport. I say this only because a few years ago, wasn't he best friends with Kathy Griffin and all mincing about because, you know, in order to get in good with her you have to do the proverbial gay song and dance?

Look. As someone who is partially metrosexual, I understand that there are guys out there, gay and straight, who get their masculinity questioned. It's way tougher on gay guys, I'm sure, because the fact that they like guys ingrains in them that, somehow, they're not as much of a man in our society. I look at this photo spread and think that some time in the gym and with the right make-up and lighting, any dude can look like that. Shit, I could, foofy hair and all. (That, and my stubble is naturally way dark.)

I think somewhere along the line, Lance probably learned that no matter how famous he is, he's going to get his manhood evaluated and I'm sure there weren't many guys beating down his door. So, butching up seems to do the trick. Either way, I hope he's happy.

Nicely expressed and very thoughtful. I wish more guys (read: 'a Man's man' << whatever that is supposed to mean), could be as aware of their own feelings or have a willingness to verbalize them, as you are.

texas41-38

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
This thread is perpetuating the stereotype that gay men are superficial, skin-deep, body-obsessed, narcissistic, and vainly pursuing the cult of flesh ("Oh, look at his ripped abs! What a hunk! He was NOTHING last year, but NOW...!") .

Sadly, this thread is giving me the impression that I'm trapped at a trendy West Hollywood eaterie with Perez Hilton who is ogling every cute passer-by.

There are a ton of guys out there who are known for body and mind. Let's celebrate a few of those.

Your point is right on. In the early 1990s I lost a little over 100 pounds. I had two pictures of me taken exactly one year apart standing in front of my fireplace. I had them taped side by side on the front of my refridgerator.

I was kickin it with a Marine of Cuban ancestry. The only thing that we had in common was that we both thought he was hot as fire. And we had mind numbing sex. We were in my kitchen one day and he said "you know if I had met you a year ago, I wouldn't have given you a second look, because I probably would have never given you a first look".

I knew he was being honest, so credit him for that. And I did then realize that alot of guys would have had the same thoughts that he did. That moment changed forever how I looked at other men.

Oh, and after we had hot loud sweaty nasty monkey sex that night, I never returned his calls after that.

DadsAreUs

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Just to make things clear, you are posting in the Celebrity Endowment section of a Large Penis website.

RobinSF

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
From what I hear he is supposed to be rather pleasant, a bit incurious, but sweet. I imagine growing up closeted with so much fame and money can be hard. Of course, the "I hear that" is not very dependable, just pure gossip really. But he seems like a nice young man, so I hope it is true.