Land of the Lost Movie: Keep it lost

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK, Jun 7, 2009.

1. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Well, I saw Land Of the Lost movie on friday, half expecting it to differ from hollywood's running trade of bringing old tv series to the big screen. Silly me. Now in the movie, Will Ferrell does indeed play Dr Rick Marshall instead of Ranger. Where the hell was that in the series, no place! Now, Comes the part of Holly, played by Anna Friel, who is not related to Dr Marshall. But more of a love interest. Can anybody say, "Whoa! Didn't see that one coming!"? Now comes Will also not related, who has now been reduced to a roadside showsman, whose cave is where the entrance to the LOTL is.

Next, you have the hairy little apeman, Cha-ka, who now instead of the series nai've inquisitive has been upgraded to a pretentious, hirsute, hissing when pissed off little protohuman.

The synopsis is basicaly the same, only on an adult level. You do indeed have the T-rex, Grumpy, who Marshall & he have an anymosity towards one another, tho you might not believe that this T-rex was indeed ignorant, since he reacts to Marshall's tauntings about being dumb & possessing a walnut sized brain(This is proven with a "gift" from Grumpy as a walnut about the size of a prized watermelon)
    But the Sleestak are in the picture as well, and it seems that's the only that hasn't transitioned from tv to silver screen. They look/act/sound the same, but they're now headed up by Enik, who in the series was kid to the Marshalls. This time, he's a villain in disguise.

Bottom line, wanna waste almost $20 on a worthless film? Then LOTL is your film.

2. BiItalianBro

Gold Member

The review in my local paper gave if half of one star...i will wait to see if on a plane :/

Draft saved Draft deleted